XAT stands for Xavier Aptitude Test. It is a management entrance exam. Do you want to register for this test? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of XAT 2021 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
Each year, thousands of candidates apply for XAT examination. It is a popular management entrance exam in India. This post has been crafted keeping the needs of XAT aspirants in mind.
In this post, readers will find the following details – XAT application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about XAT application process.
Let us take a quick look at XAT application process-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
XAT is a national level competitive examination. XLRI conducts this examination each year. The main aim of this examination is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into PG level management programs (like MBA and PGDM programs).
Bachelor’s Degree holders interested in MBA or PGDM admission will benefit from this post! After going through this post, you will find answers to the following questions –
- How to register for XAT 2021?
- How to fill up XAT application form?
- How to correct XAT application form?
- And more…
Our guide deals with the following topics –
- Important dates
- Registration process
- Uploading relevant documents
- General instructions
Come, let us check out the schedule and important dates –
|Application process will start on||3rd week of August, 2020|
|Last date to apply||4th week of November, 2020|
|Admit card will be released on||3rd week of December, 2020|
Come, let us take a closer look at XAT application process –
XAT 2021 Application Process
Eligible candidates may apply for XAT online. The online application process is simple and straightforward.
XAT application process can be broadly classified into the following stages –
- XAT registration
- Payment of application fee
- Form submission
Come, let us check out each stage –
XAT 2021 Registration
- Visit the official website of XAT (xatonline.in).
- Search for ‘registration’ button and click on it.
- Enter your choice of mode of application (XAT or GMAT).
- Fill up the registration form by entering the following details – name of the candidate, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number.
- Go through the declaration text, enter the captcha code/security pin.
- Click on ‘I agree’ tab and click on ‘submit’ button.
- A candidate will obtain his/her login credentials (XAT login ID and password) via email and SMS.
Registration process is complete! After submitting the registration form, a candidate will be able to find ‘go to application form’ on top-right corner of the website. He/she may click on the link and proceed to form-filling process.
XAT 2021 Application Form
After submitting your registration form, you will be able to find ‘go to application form’ option on top right corner of the screen. You may click on it and access the application form. You may even access the application form later, after signing in to XAT portal using your credentials (XAT ID and password).
Let us check out the steps involved in XAT application process –
Steps to fill XAT Application Form
- After registration, click on the ‘go to application form’ link and access the application form.
- The application form consists of the following sections – personal details, academics, work experience, programs and payment.
- Start filling the application form by entering personal details.
- Enter address and contact details.
- Upload relevant scanned documents.
- Enter academic details.
- Enter work experience information.
- Enter test city preference.
- Click on ‘save and continue’ button.
- Proceed to pay application fee. Choose the mode of payment and pay the application fee.
- Download the e-receipt.
- Download the application form and take its printout for further use/reference.
While filling up XAT application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details –
- Personal details: Name of the candidate, date of birth, gender, nationality, category, father’s name and mother’s name.
- Contact details: Email id, mobile number, emergency contact number, residential address, city/town, district, state, pin code etc.
- Academic details (HSC/12th/equivalent/Diploma course, Bachelor’s Degree and more): Course type, marks secured, total marks, aggregate marks, Bachelor’s Degree pass status etc.
- Work experience: Enter details about your work experience (if you possess it).
- Preference: Enter your test city preference.
- Documents: Scanned images of candidate’s passport size photograph and signature specimen.
XAT 2021 Application Fee
- XAT application fee is 1700 INR. For additional XLRI programs, one must pay 300 INR (per program).
- XAT application fee (with late payment penalty) is 2000 INR (500 INR per additional XLRI program).
- For NRI and foreign candidates, application fee is 50 USD and 25 USD (for each additional program).
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details – personal information, academic information, test preference etc. In order to simplify the form-filling process, applicants may keep the following documents/things ready –
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Scanned documents
Guidelines for scanned documents
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to upload the following scanned images –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest passport size photograph.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.