Do you want to become a physiotherapist? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best physiotherapy colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu is home to some of the best physiotherapy colleges in Tamil Nadu. In this post, you will find the names of popular colleges in TN. Chennai, Coimbatore, Vellore, Namakkal – I’ve covered major cities and districts.
Both students and parents may use this guide to find the best physiotherapy colleges in the state. Apart from the names of the colleges, I’ve also provided additional details such as – relevant physiotherapy courses, duration, eligibility and admission process.
What is physiotherapy, you may ask. In the next section, you will find the following details – details about this domain, details about this profession and important tasks performed by a physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy: The Profession
There exists different types of physiotherapy courses in Tamil Nadu. BPT is probably the most popular course. In the next section, you will find everything you need to know about relevant physiotherapy courses in TN –
Physiotherapy courses in TN
Based on academic levels, physiotherapy courses in Tamil Nadu can be classified into the following types –
- UG level
- PG level
- Doctoral Degree
UG stands for undergraduate level. Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree courses fall under this category. BPT course is a Bachelor’s Degree course.
PG stands for postgraduate level. Master’s and PG Diploma courses fall under this category. MPT is a Master’s Degree course.
PhD is a Doctoral Degree program. These programs are research oriented in nature.
Let us take a closer look at popular physiotherapy courses in Tamil Nadu –
BPT: BPT stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy. The academic program is 4½ years long. Six months of this academic program is dedicated towards internship. Students who have passed 12th Science with Biology group are eligible to apply for admission. After completing BPT, graduates may go for PG courses such as MPT and PG Diploma programs.
There exists different types of physiotherapy colleges in TN. Let us check them out –
Different types of physiotherapy colleges –
There exists three main types of physiotherapy colleges in Tamil Nadu –
- Government colleges
- Private colleges
- Aided colleges
As we all know, Government colleges are managed and funded by the state Government. Since the Government takes care of all the expense, these colleges are able to provide subsidized education to its students.
Private colleges are also known as self financing colleges. They are owned and managed by private charitable trusts and organizations. They charge relatively higher fee. Aided colleges are private institutes. But they receive partial funding from the Government.
Let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of physiotherapy colleges in Tamil Nadu 2019
Here are some of the popular physiotherapy colleges in Tamil Nadu –
- Government Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Government College of Physiotherapy, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- AJ College of Physiotherapy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Madha College of Physiotherapy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Jaya Paramedical Educational Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- UCA College of Paramedical Sciences, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Cherraan’s College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- KMCH College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- KG College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- PPG College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- RVS College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- PSG College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Nandha College of Paramedical Sciences, Erode, Tamil Nadu
- Adhiparasakthi College of Physiotherapy, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu
- Christian College of Physiotherapy, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
- White Memorial College of Physiotherapy, Attoor, Tamil Nadu
- Trinity Mission and Medical Foundation, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Santhosh College of Physiotherapy, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- JKK Munirajah Medical Research Foundation, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu
- Thanthai Rover College of Physiotherapy, Perambalur, Tamil Nadu
- Mannai Narayanasamy Paramedical College, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- Devendra College of Physiotherapy, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
- Kamalam Viswanathan College of Physiotherapy, Trichy, Tamil Nadu
Reputed institutes rely on merit based admission process. Under this system, you must score valid marks in relevant entrance exam in order to secure admission. Seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of marks scored by them in relevant entrance exam and/or board examination. Some colleges are also known to conduct direct or donation based admission process.