Do you want to pursue BPT course after 12th Science? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best physiotherapy colleges in Punjab, India.
The main aim of this post is to educate and inform you about the present status of physiotherapy education in Punjab. Both students and parents may use this guide as reference material.
Here, you will find the names of popular physiotherapy colleges in Punjab, India. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of physiotherapy courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right physiotherapy college. It will simplify your BPT and MPT admission process.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of physiotherapy colleges in Punjab 2020
Here are some of the popular physiotherapy colleges in Punjab –
- Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Khalsa College, Amritsar, Punjab
- Dasmesh College of Physiotherapy, Faridkot, Punjab
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab
- Guru Kashi University, Bathinda, Punjab
- Gian Sagar College of Physiotherapy, Patiala, Punjab
- Rayat-Bahra University, Mohali, Punjab
- Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab
- Adesh University Bathinda, Punjab
- Lyallpur Khalsa College, Jalandhar, Punjab
- CT University, Ludhiana, Punjab
- All Saints Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Ludhiana, Punjab
- LPU, Jalandhar, Punjab
- DAV Institute of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Jalandhar, Punjab
- RIMT University, Gobindgarh, Punjab
These colleges can be broadly classified into two types – Government colleges and private colleges. Come, let us take a closer look at the different types of physiotherapy colleges. Here’s everything you need to know –
Types of physiotherapy colleges
Based on the type of entity that owns the college, physiotherapy colleges in Punjab can be classified into the following types –
- Government colleges
- Private colleges
As the name suggests, Govt colleges are owned by the State or Central Government. Private colleges are owned by private charitable trusts and organizations.
How to secure admission?
If you want to secure admission into reputed colleges, one must crack relevant entrance exam. These entrance exams are conducted to facilitate merit based admission process. Under this system of admission, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Popular physiotherapy courses
Here are some of the popular physiotherapy courses in Punjab – BPT, MPT, PG Diploma programs and PhD programs. Based on the academic level, these courses can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. Based on the format of the course, these courses can be classified into the following types – Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree.
How to become a physiotherapist?
In order to become a physiotherapist, one must possess certain educational qualifications. BPT is the minimum educational qualification a candidate must have, if he/she wants to become a physiotherapist.
Career prospects and scope
Physiotherapists are usually hired by – physiotherapy centers, clinics, rehabilitation clinics, NGOs, old age homes, sport teams/franchises etc. They may even start their own physiotherapy center or clinic.