Do you want to become a physiotherapist? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best physiotherapy colleges in Maharashtra, India. BPT and MPT aspirants will benefit from this post.
Maharashtra is home to some of the best physiotherapy colleges in India. In this post, you will find the names of popular institutes in Maharashtra.
Apart from the names of colleges, you will also be able to find other relevant information such as – list of physiotherapy courses, their duration, eligibility, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Colleges, courses, admission process and career prospects – everything that matters to BPT and MPT aspirants have been covered in this post. Both students and parents may use this guide as reference material. You may also check the list of physiotherapy colleges in Kerala and Karnataka.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of physiotherapy colleges in Maharashtra 2019
Here are some of the popular physiotherapy colleges in Maharashtra –
- Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Maharashtra
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune, Maharashtra
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharashtra
- DES Brijal Jindal College of Physiotherapy, Pune, Maharashtra
- Siddhakala Ayurved Medical College, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- SNDT, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MA Rangoonwala College of Physiotherapy and Research, Pune, Maharashtra
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune, Maharashtra
- ADN Medical College and Paramedical Science, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University, Satara, Maharashtra
The above list has not been ranked in any order. The list consists of both private and Govt physiotherapy colleges. Come, let us find out more about the classification of colleges. Here’s everything you need to know –
Types of physiotherapy colleges
Based on the entity that owns the college, physiotherapy colleges in Maharashtra can be broadly classified into the following types –
- Government physiotherapy colleges
- Private physiotherapy colleges
Govt colleges are owned and managed by the State or Central Government. The Government, through a relevant body, takes care of these institutes’ various aspects such as – administration, funding, recruitment and admission.
Private colleges, on the other hand, are managed and owned by private charitable trusts and organizations. Govt colleges charge very low tuition fees. This is the main reason why applicants prefer Govt institutes over other types of colleges.
Popular physiotherapy courses
Based on the format of the course, physiotherapy courses can be classified into the following types –
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
BPT is the most popular physiotherapy course in Maharashtra. It stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy. It is an undergraduate level course. Students who have passed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to apply for BPT admission.
After completing BPT, graduates may apply for MPT admission. It stands for Master of Physiotherapy. It is a Master’s Degree course.
Relevant entrance exams are conducted to facilitate physiotherapy admission process. Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Physiotherapists are usually hired by – hospitals (Govt and private), rehabilitation clinics, physical therapy centers, physiotherapy centers, old age homes etc. They may also start their own physiotherapy center or clinic.