Do you want to become a pharmacist? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best pharmacy colleges in Uttarakhand, India. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college.
In this post, you will find the names of popular pharmacy colleges in this state. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of popular pharmacy courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, career prospects and admission process. You may also check – science courses in India.
Colleges, courses, admission process and career prospects – everything that truly matters to pharmacy admission aspirants have been covered in this post. Government and private – I’ve listed both types of colleges in this post.
If you are eager to pursue pharmacy courses such as B.Pharm. or M.Pharm., this post will be of help to you. The colleges mentioned in this post are known to offer these courses.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of Pharmacy colleges in Uttarakhand 2019
Here are some of the popular pharmacy colleges in Uttarakhand –
- Roorkee College of Pharmacy, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- UPES, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Sardar Bhagwan Singh Post Graduate Institute of Biomedical Science and Research, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Garhwal, Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Kumaun University, Almora, Uttarakhand
- Uttaranchal Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Quantum University, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand
- BFIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Himalayan Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
- Global Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand
- Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Graphic Era Hill University, Bhimtal, Uttarakhand
- DIT University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- SGRRITS, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Swami Rama Himalayan University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Motherhood University, Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Devsthali Vidyapeeth, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand
The above list has not been ranked in any order. It consists of both Government and private colleges.
As the name suggests, Govt pharmacy colleges are owned and managed by the State or Central Government. Private colleges are owned and managed by private charitable trusts or educational organizations.
Govt pharmacy colleges are known to charge relatively lower tuition fees. This is the main reason why students prefer these colleges over private ones.
On the other hand, private pharmacy colleges are known to charge relatively higher tuition fees. The above mentioned pharmacy colleges are known to offer the following pharmacy courses – Diploma in Pharmacy, Diploma in Pharmacy (Ayurveda), Bachelor of Pharmacy, Master of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, PG Diploma programs and PhD programs.
These programs belong to different academic levels and course formats. Based on the format of the course, pharmacy courses can be broadly classified into the following types – Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, PG Diploma and Doctoral Degree programs. Based on the academic level, these courses can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree.
Let us talk about scope of this profession and career prospects now. Pharmacists are usually hired by pharmaceutical firms, drug stores, hospitals, clinics etc. They may even start their own drug store.