Have you passed 12th standard with Science stream subjects? Do you want to pursue a job oriented pharmacy course after 12th? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best pharmacy colleges in Punjab, India.
The main aim of this post is to educate and inform you about the present status of pharmaceutical education in Punjab. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college. It will also help them choose the right course.
In this post, you will find the names of popular pharmacy colleges in Punjab. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of pharmacy courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Both 12th pass candidates and graduates will benefit from this course. The colleges mentioned in this post are known to offer UG, PG and Doctoral Degree programs.
In short, this post will help you with your B.Pharm. or M.Pharm. admission process. Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of pharmacy colleges in Punjab 2019
Here are some of the popular pharmacy colleges in Punjab –
- NIPER, Mohali, Punjab
- Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University, Bathinda, Punjab
- Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Faridkot, Punjab
- Government Polytechnic, Amritsar, Punjab
- Government Polytechnic for Girls, Patiala, Punjab
- Government Polytechnic College, Bathinda, Punjab
- SD College of Pharmacy, Barnala, Punjab
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bhaddal, Ropar, Punjab
- Amar Shaheed Baba Ajit Singh Jujhar Singh Memorial College of Pharmacy, Bela, Punjab
- LPU, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Khalsa College of Pharmacy, Amritsar, Punjab
- Guru Kashi University, Bathinda, Punjab
- Punjab College of Technical Education, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Surya School of Pharmacy, Patiala, Punjab
- ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Mohali, Punjab
- Universal Group of Institutions, Mohali, Punjab
- Sukhjinder Group of Institutes, Gurdaspur, Punjab
- Chitkara College of Pharmacy, Rajpura, Punjab
- Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy, Patiala, Punjab
- Akal College of Pharmacy and Technical Education, Sangpur, Punjab
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College of Pharmacy, Amritsar, Punjab
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab
- Doaba Group of Colleges, Mohali, Punjab
- Rayat-Bahra University, Mohali, Punjab
- PCTE Group of Institutes, Mohali, Punjab
- Amritsar Group of Colleges, Amritsar, Punjab
- Adesh University, Bathinda, Punjab
- Shivalik College of Pharmacy, Ropar, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Ayurvedic Medical College, Muktsar, Punjab
- CT Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Aryans Group of Colleges, Patiala, Punjab
- St Soldier Institute of Pharmacy and Polytechnic, Jalandhar, Punjab
- RIMT University, Gobindgarh, Punjab
- Sri Sai College of Pharmacy, Pathankot, Punjab
- Global Group of Institutions, Ropar, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmacy, Hoshiarpur, Punjab
- KC Group of Institutions, Nawanshahr, Punjab
The above list of colleges has not been ranked in any order. This list consists of different types of colleges. Come, let us take a closer look at the classification of colleges. Here’s everything you need to know –
Types of pharmacy colleges
Based on the type of entity that owns the college, pharmacy colleges in Punjab can be classified into the following types –
- Government pharmacy colleges
- Private pharmacy colleges
Government pharmacy colleges are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. These colleges are known to charge very low tuition fees. On the other hand, private pharmacy colleges are managed and funded by private charitable trusts and educational organizations. These colleges are known to charge relatively higher tuition fees.
If you want to get into a Government college or reputed private institute, you must crack relevant entrance exam. These exams are conducted at State, College and National levels.
Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based and direct admission process.
Here are some of the popular pharmacy courses in Punjab –
Diploma in Pharmacy: This Diploma certificate course is 3 years long. Students who have passed 12th class are eligible to pursue this course.
Bachelor of Pharmacy: This is a UG level course. Technically, it is a Bachelor’s Degree course. The academic program is 4 years long. Students who have passed 12th Science stream are eligible to pursue this course. Check out this guide for more details – B.Pharm.
Pharm D: Pharm D stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. 12th Science pass students are eligible to pursue this course. This is a UG level academic program. The course duration is 6 years.
M.Pharm.: This is a PG level course. Technically, it is a Master’s Degree course. Students who have completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course (like B.Pharm.) are eligible to pursue this course. The course duration is 2 years. M.Pharm. program can be used to specialize in sub-branches within the field of pharmacy.
Pharmacists are usually hired by – pharmaceutical firms, drug stores, pharmaceutical marketing firms, R&D firms, pharmacy agencies, relevant Government agencies/departments etc. They may even start their own medical store/shop.