Have you passed 12th standard? Do you want to pursue a job oriented pharmacy course? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best pharmacy colleges in Himachal Pradesh, India.
This post will be of help to Science stream students. In this post, students will be able to find the names of popular pharmacy colleges in HP, India. Apart from the names of colleges, students will also be able to find other details such as – list of pharmacy courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
The main aim of this post is to help you find the right pharmacy college. The colleges mentioned in this post fare well in areas such as – infrastructure, amenities, faculty, reviews etc.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of pharmacy colleges in Himachal Pradesh 2020
Here are some of the popular pharmacy college in HP –
- Maharaja Agrasen University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- SRET College of Pharmacy, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- Bahra University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- Manav Bharti University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- AP Goyal Shimla University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- LR Institute of Pharmacy, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- Himalayan Group of Professional Institutions, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Career Point University, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- Shanti Niketan College of Pharmacy, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- IEC University, Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
- Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies, Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
- Abhilashi College of Pharmacy, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- HIPER, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Institute of Pharmacy, Paonta, Himachal Pradesh
The above mentioned pharmacy colleges are known to offer different types of academic programs. Let us take a closer look at these programs –
Based on the academic level, pharmacy courses in HP can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. Based on the format of the course, these programs can be classified into the following types – Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, PG Diploma, PhD etc.
Let us take a closer look at these courses –
Bachelor of Pharmacy: This is a UG level course. Technically, it is a Bachelor’s Degree course. The academic program is 4 years long. Students who have passed 12th Science stream are eligible to pursue this course.
Pharm D: Pharm D stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. 12th Science pass students are eligible to pursue this course. This is a UG level academic program. The course duration is 6 years.
M.Pharm.: This is a PG level course. Technically, it is a Master’s Degree course. Students who have completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course (like B.Pharm.) are eligible to pursue this course. The course duration is 2 years. M.Pharm. program can be used to specialize in sub-branches within the field of pharmacy.
If you want to secure admission into a good college, you must crack relevant entrance exam. These exams are conducted to facilitate merit based admission process. Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to carry out direct and donation based admission process.
Career prospects and scope
In order to become a pharmacist in India, one must possess a valid license. In order to obtain this license, one must complete relevant pharmacy education course. After obtaining this license, candidates will get access to different types of jobs.
Pharmacists are usually hired by – drug stores, hospitals, pharmaceutical manufacturing firms, pharmaceutical marketing firms, R&D firms etc. They may even start their own drug store.