Have you passed 12th standard? Are you interested in pursuing a good online course after 12th? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best online courses available in India.
There are 4 main types of online courses available in India. They are –
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
- Degree courses
- Postgraduate courses (example – Online MBA)
12th passed students have lots of diploma and certificate online courses available in front of them. Such online programs are job oriented and skill-enhancing academic programs.
After 12th, students may pursue these courses on part-time or full-time basis. I recommend my readers to pursue online courses on part-time basis. The best path is to pursue a regular classroom Degree course and a part-time online course side by side!
In India, there exists many websites, educational portals and institutes that offer online courses. Before jumping to the meat of the matter – online courses after 12th – let us check out some basic facts about online courses.
Online courses: Basic facts
Online courses have gained huge popularity in the recent times. Numerous portals and institutes have come up, offering job oriented online programs.
Unlike regular classroom programs, online courses can be accessed from anywhere – home, school, office or even while traveling! The course content can be accessed via devices such as – PC, Laptop, Smartphone, tablet etc.
There’s a notion that online courses’ content is boring and lacks depth. Well, it is not true in all cases! Modern online courses are well planned and designed.
The course content is usually exciting, not boring! It consists of interactive media, videos, podcasts, charts and usual educational content.
Course duration usually varies from one course to another. As mentioned before, there exists Diploma, Degree, Certificate and PG online courses.
Online certificate courses typically are 3-6 months long. Online diploma courses are 6 – 12 months long. Online Degree programs could be anywhere between 1-3 years long. Online PG courses could be anywhere between 6 to 24 months long.
The course duration mentioned above are tentative. Minor changes are possible.
Advantages of online courses
Let us check out some of the major benefits offered by online courses –
- Helps acquire useful skills and knowledge
- One can access courses from anywhere with an internet connection
- Flexible learning hours
- Obtain certificates on course completion
- They help get skill based jobs
- They help one improve his/her resume
- They help one upgrade his/her skills
- Availability of ample amount of websites and institutes offering online courses
Online courses fees
Fees may vary from one institute to another. The type of course (Diploma, Certificate, Degree etc) also plays a huge role in determining the course fees. Typical online diploma or certificate course could cost you anywhere between 10-40K INR.
Let us check out the best online courses after 12th. Here they are –
Online courses after 12th
Here are some of the best Diploma and Certificate online courses after 12th –
- Digital Marketing
- Ethical Hacking
- Computer Hardware and Networking
- Android App Development
- App Development
- Web Designing
- Web Designing and Graphic Design
- SEO and SM Marketing (SM stands for Social Media)
- Cyber Security
- Animation and Game Design
- Microsoft Office Certification
- B.Sc. (specializations available)
- B.Com. (specializations available)
- BBA (specializations available)
- B.A. (specializations available)
- VFX and Animation
- Software Design and Testing
- Creative writing
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Management (specializations available)
Note:Academic programs such as – B.Sc., BCA, B.Com., BBA and BA are Degree programs. The other online courses mentioned in the list are available in formats such as – Diploma and Certification.