Do you want to become a nurse? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best nursing colleges in Bihar, India. The main aim of this post is to inform and educate you about the present status of nursing education in Bihar.
In this post, you will find the names of popular nursing colleges in Bihar. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional information such as – list of nursing courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope and admission process.
Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right nursing college. Colleges mentioned in this post fare well in areas such as – infrastructure, amenities, faculty, rating and reviews.
Nursing is a popular choice among biology group students in Bihar. Why is nursing education so popular, you may ask. Nursing admission process is not as competitive as MBBS admission process.
As a result, candidates with average/above average marks will be able to secure admission into a decent nursing college with relative ease! Apart from that, nursing courses are job oriented in nature.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of nursing colleges in Bihar 2019 –
Here are some of the popular nursing colleges in Bihar –
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, Bihar
- Narayan Nursing College, Rohtas, Bihar
- Gautam Institute of Nursing and Paramedics, Sohsarai, Bihar
- Ambedkar Institute of Higher Education, Patna, Bihar
- Patliputra College of Nursing, Patna, Bihar
- KK University, Nalanda, Bihar
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna, Bihar
- Jay Narayan Satyabhama Paramedical Research College, Madhepura, Bihar
- Kurji Holy Family Hospital College of Nursing, Patna, Bihar
- Bhavya Shree Institute of Nursing, Patna, Bihar
- Shyamlal Chandrasekhar Nursing College, Khagaria, Bihar
- Chhaya Institute of Nursing Sciences, Patna, Bihar
- FIGCT, Patna, Bihar
- Khwaja Garib Nawaz College of Nursing and Paramedical, Darbhanga, Bihar
- RB Memorial School of Nursing, Darbhanga, Bihar
In order to secure admission into a good nursing college, one must crack relevant entrance exam. Such entrance exams are conducted to facilitate merit based admission process.
Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to carry our direct or donation based admission process.
Here are some of the popular nursing courses available in Bihar –
B.Sc. Nursing: It is a Bachelor of Science program. The academic program is 4 years long. Students who have passed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic): This program is just like lateral entry. The course duration is 2 years. Candidates who have completed relevant Diploma course are eligible to pursue this course.
M.Sc. Nursing: It is a Master’s Degree course. Students who have completed B.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. Nursing (PB) are eligible to pursue this course. The academic program is 2 years long.
Nurses are usually hired by healthcare institutes such as – hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, rehabilitation clinics, rural healthcare centers, community healthcare centers etc. They are also hired by NGOs and old age homes.