Motorola’s Moto E has been an instant hit in the Indian market. The new phone released by Motorola had a good mixture of exciting specifications and features and was also priced generously! This good combination of good specifications and decent pricing made sure that the phone grabbed the attention of android enthusiasts like never before. And as expected, as soon as Moto E was launched, it was grabbed up by people and soon went out of stock on Flipkart, the online store where it was made available. Here, I’ll discuss up a crucial problem that users of Moto E has been facing. This problem is associated with the downloading of apps from Google Play Store. This inconvenience is more rampant over 2G networks.
Downloading of apps from Google Play Store stops in between in case of Moto E
Yes, on 2 G network, many users have been having this issue. When they try to download an app from Play Store, it gets stuck in between. For example, in case of a 10 MB sized app, the download will start normally. But it will many times get stuck at say 1 MB or 2 MB etc.
Solution to the problem
The best solution is to use a 3G network. In that case, the network will not be abandoned and download will take place seamlessly.
Another way to resume the download is to switch the internet connection off and turning it on again. This method also works.
Installing an app killer and killing up processes in between also helps restore the download. A good example is the ‘Clean master app’. Using the ‘Tap to boost’ feature of that app, the stuck download can be resumed again.
Another commonly used solution is to go to settings> apps> Play Store and clear the ‘app data’ and ‘app cache’. The effectiveness of this method varied from device to device.
One more solution that you may try is the ‘Clear partition’ process. This process can be used to delete temp files that may be causing the problem. The steps involved in this process are clearly mentioned below-
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
Do try the above mentioned solutions and solve the Play Store downloading problem that you are facing on your Moto E. Please do share this article with your friends also.