Have you just completed your 12th board exam with PCB combination? So, you might be worried about the course that you are going to take in your graduation. The students who have biology as their subject in 12th often look for medical courses. Perhaps one of the most looked for option left to the students who have biology in their 12th is MBBS.
Article Overview and Contents
If you have a knack for medical science then you should definitely try to find out medical courses. However, every year large number of students aspires for getting admission in top medical colleges but not everyone’s wish of becoming part of medical institutes comes true. There is a huge competition and one needs to prove their level of efficiency so, that they are able to secure their future by building a career in medical.
List of Upcoming Medical Entrance Exams in India 2020
Nowadays, entrance exams are conducted either by the state government or institutions. These exams are meant for opening new avenues for a medical field aspirant. However, before you apply for any entrance exam you are required to get a clear knowledge regarding the exams and the procedures that are involved in the pre-examination phase.
This article will help all the medical aspirants to know about medical entrance exams that are conducted across India.
NEET is a national level entrance examination which is organised by the National Testing Agency. This exam will allow the students to get admitted to the graduate programs like BDS, Ayush and MBBS. If you have an aspiration to build your career in abroad then you are required to get qualified for the NEET UG. If you are a NEET enthusiast then you can check for significant procedures for this exam.
How to apply for NEET?
Candidates can apply for the exam by first filling up the application forms. The below-mentioned points can give you a complete guideline regarding the ways to proceed with the application fill up procedures.
- For obtaining the forms the candidates have to keep a track on the official website as forms are published via online mode.
- The authorities will reject applications if the forms are sent to them through the offline medium.
- If you are going to take part in the NEET exam then you can start getting hold of the forms from November 2019.
- You need to fill up personal details like name, date of birth, educational qualification etc.
- Only recent passport size photographs need to be uploaded and should be signed by the candidates.
- Once you successfully complete the form fill up process you will find a confirmation page.
- The confirmation page needs to be downloaded for future purposes.
- Candidates need not send printed copies of the forms to the authorities.
How to pay fees?
Fee submission is to be conducted right after completion of the form fill ups. In case any candidate fails to provide fee then his/her candidature is likely to get cancelled.
Have a look at the application fee submission guidelines.
- The fee payment mode is online and the candidates have to pay application fees with their debit or credit cards.
- It is to be noted that service taxes are included within the application fee.
- There are differentiations in fee payments as per the categories.
- The general candidates have to pay rupees 1400 whereas the SC/ST candidates have to pay an amount of 750 rupees.
Get chance of amending your forms
If the candidates fill up incorrect details in the forms then they can get one last chance to amend them. For amending forms the authorities issue correction forms.
- Correction forms will be generated on the website.
- The candidates will be informed regarding the correction areas through email.
- Candidates are allowed to amend fields like category, gender, examination centre, date of birth etc.
What specifies eligibility?
Candidates have to pass through certain parameters for qualifying for the exam. These parameters are essential for eliminating any sort of biases from the selection procedure. NEET generally considers age, qualification, nationality and Aadhaar card for allowing a candidate to appear for the exam.
- The minimum age which confirms candidature is 17 years and the maximum limit is 25 years and five year extension is given to the SC/ST candidates.
- If you do not have your Aadhaar card then just forget about appearing in NEET. This is because Aadhaar card number is to be provided for registration.
- In case you are an NRI then you have to provide the passport number.
- Regarding the qualification criteria, students should be a 12th pass out with PCB subject combination.
- Qualifying mark for generals is 50% and 40 for the candidates belonging form backward categories.
Get informed about pattern of questions
NEET has designed the question papers based on certain considerations. It is mandatory for the students to go through the patterns of the exam before appearing in it. It will give students a guideline about the number of questions and time allotted for them thereby confirming good marks.
- NEET will be organised through offline mode.
- The exam will continue for three hours.
- There will be in total 18 questions that are to be completed by the students.
- Questions will be in languages like English, Gujarati, Assamese, Oriya, Marathi etc.
- Objective type of questions will be given.
- Candidates will be awarded four marks for the correct answers whereas one mark will be deducted for the incorrect answers.
Know the syllabus
The NEET aspirants will be provided with a separate set of syllabus which is to be thoroughly covered. This syllabus is mainly based on the subjects like Physics, Biology and Chemistry. This syllabus is specially framed by the Medical council of India.
For assisting the students to know about the details regarding each of the subjects, it has been given below in detail in the below mentioned section.
Biology: In Biology, students will be given questions on topics like plan physiology, human physiology, structure of cell, evolution, ecology etc.
Physics: Students have to prepare some basic concepts of physics like laws of motion and nature of radiation as well as matter. Apart from it there will be questions on electromagnetic waves, electronic devices, characteristics of perfect gas, characteristics if the bulk matter etc.
Chemistry: There will be common concepts of chemistry and there will be questions on the classification of different elements. Students can put special emphasis on organic compounds which contain nitrogen.
If you are going to take part in the NEET 2020 then you should get a thorough idea regarding the dates on which you have to present at the exam center or form when you can start filling up the forms and other such relevant information. Have a look at the dates which you should memorise.
|Events||Know the dates|
|Issue of forms||November, 2019|
|Exam day||May, 2020|
|Submission of forms(last day)||November, 2019|
|Release of Admit cards||April, 2020|
Questions mostly asked by students:
Q1) Recently I have appeared for my 12th board so can I sit for NEET?
Ans. Yes, you can appear in NEET.
Q2) What proof will a NRI require for applying?
Ans. NRIs can apply by providing details of their passport.
Q3) How much mark will be deducted for incorrect answers?
Ans. For each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
Q4) Is there any attempt limit?
Ans. Earlier there were attempt limit but it has been removed by the authorities.
AIIMS is organised by the All India institute of Medical Science which is located at New Delhi. For those who wish to join MBBS course in the prestigious institution of AIIMS can apply for this exam. This exam can guarantee your seat in any of the campuses of AIIMs. These Campuses are spread across India and these include Jodhpur, Rishikesh, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Guntur, Nagpur, Bhopal and Raipur.
The application procedures
This section of the article is going to discuss about the ways in which one can apply for AIIMS. One should carefully go through the application processes so as to avoid any inadequacies. Here you will get complete detail regarding application form release, fee and the mode which can be used for applying the fees.
- Online forms will be available in the website and it will commence from February’s first week.
- It is essential to read the instructions provided in the forms and fill it up in accordance to the guideless given in the forms.
- There will be separate spaces for uploading photographs which will mention the size of the photos that is to be uploaded.
- Candidates are requested to download the application forms because it might be needed during admission. Along with forms the registration slip can also be printed.
- Students will not need to present the authorities with the printed copies of the forms.
Details of application fees
- The application fees will be rupees 1500 for the general as well as OBC candidates.
- Fees can be submitted either by debit or credit card. Net banking can also be availed for sending fees.
- The SC/ST candidates have to apply about 1200 as the application fees.
- There will be transaction charges levied on the fees.
- If you belong from PWBD category then you will be exempted from fees and hence, no question of transaction charges.
Editing the incorrect forms
One can get one time chance for changing the incorrect forms. The authorities will circulate a correction form after completion of the form submission procedures.
- Although the authorities will publish correction forms for allowing the aspirants to make necessary changes but there will be restrictions in fields like exam centre, category, name and date of birth.
- Apart from these field candidate can make corrections in other fields.
- One needs to ensure that they submit the corrected for before the closing date of registration.
- The candidates will not be able to make changes in the photographs that they have uploaded in the forms.
Get informed about eligibility criteria
Each and every exam; be it engineering, law or medical has an eligibility criteria. Mostly, the eligibility criteria are formulated upon three factors namely qualification, age and nationality. There will be attempt made in this section of the study for giving students an outline about the qualifying requirement for AIIMS.
- The first and foremost factor which is used for judging a candidate is age.
- If a candidate fall in the age group of 17 then only he/she can take part in this exam.
- The authorities have specified no such nationality bar as both Indians as well as non-residents of India can be eligible for AIIMS.
- Next, the candidate should be a 12th pass out form a renowned board.
- Examinees without PCB combination in their 12th board will not be allowed to fill up the application forms.
- Along with PCM combination one should also have English as the compulsory subject in their 10+2.
- The qualifying mark has been segregated as per different categories you can have a look at the below mentioned category wise qualifying marks given in the tabular format.
|SC/ST and for the candidates from abroad||55%|
|General or OCI or OBC||60%|
How is the exam pattern?
AIIMS is mainly conducted in two timings and you can choose any of the shifts. The first shift will commence from 9am and will continue till 12:30pm and the next shift will begin at 3pm and continue till 6:30pm. The total duration of each of the shift is for three and a half hour. Like other types of engineering or medical entrance exams it is also conducted via online mode. The questions will be in any of the languages that include Hindi or English.
The subjects which are to be covered for the exam are Physics, biology, chemistry and general aptitude. There will be in total 200 question and they will be objective type. Candidates will be awarded one mark for the correct answers whereas one third marks will be deducted in case they chose a wrong option.
It is recommended that the candidates should go through the exam pattern carefully as it is almost the blue print of your question papers. One can even obtain previous years question papers for getting an overall idea of the total number of questions. In case you do not know anyone who can provide you with precious year’s question then the below table will specify the marks for each of the PCB subjects.
|Subject list||Total number of questions|
Syllabus of AIIMS 2020
For all the candidates out there who are going to appear for AIIMS in the next year will not be given any prescribed syllabus by the institution. Syllabus will remain same as they have covered in their 12th boards. As it has been already discussed that questions will be framed as per the PCB subject combinations so, students should pay a close attention to the 12th syllabus.
If you want to get complete syllabus then you can visit the official website and get it. Otherwise, you can check out the below section whereby syllabus has been given as per subjects.
- Biology: Environment, ecology, human physiology, diversity of the living organisms, biotechnology along with its application etc.
- Physics: Oscillations, kinematics, power, energy, basic concepts of physical world, kinetic theory of gases etc.
- General Knowledge: World records, famous awards, current affair in business, name of books and authors, history, corporate event, science etc.
- Chemistry: States of matter, principles and technique of organic chemistry, property of liquid and gases etc.
Dates to be memorized:
If you are appearing for AIIMS then the first and foremost things that you need to keep in your mind are the dates of some significant events like issue of admit cards, application forms and exam date. The table below is sure to help you out in memorizing the dates.
|Form fill up||February, 2020|
|Admit card||May, 2020|
|Form fill up (last date)||March, 2020|
|Checking registration status||March, 2020|
Frequently asked questions to be known:
Q1) Which are the documents that I will need for applying?
Ans. You need not to upload any document while filling up your forms.
Q2) Can I get a chance to amend the exam center?
Ans. No, you will not be allowed to make any changes in the exam center.
Q3) Is there any limit regarding attempts for AIIMS?
An. No, one can sit for the exam as many times as they want to.
Q4) All my certificates are in regional language so will it be accepted by the authorities?
Ans. Certificates will only be accepted either in Hindi or in English.
3 JIPMER MBBS
JIPMER MBBS is another medical exam which can confirm your seat in the MBBS UG programs. This examination is organised by the Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical education and Research. One can get admitted to the university affiliated campuses on successfully appearing in it. The campuses whereby the candidates can get admission include Puducherry and Karaikal. Those who are thinking about the pathways to opt for medical colleges can well select this exam as their dream fulfilling prospect.
You can get adequate information regarding the application procedures, syllabus, eligibility criteria and many more from this section.
How to obtain application forms?
All the JIPMER aspirants can apply for the exam by obtaining forms from the website. It is perhaps the first step towards the exam. In order to clear all your doubts regarding applying process you can put focus on the following details.
- Online registration will commence from 6th march onwards.
- Candidates should not opt for offline medium for submitting or filling up of their application forms because the institution will not accept it.
- All the aspirants have to read each and every instruction given on the application forms carefully before submitting.
- Unlike other medical exams, this exam will not allow the candidates to make changes in the filled up forms.
- Photos should be uploaded in the specific areas and institution should be followed while uploading it.
- After you finally submit your forms the next step is to take print out of both the form and the confirmation page for future use.
Fee structure of JIPMER
The fee structure has been specified by the institution on the basis of certain categories and one can check the fee for their category or the table below:
Eligibility criteria for JIPMER
The candidates who wish to appear for JIPMER in the next year should get a sound knowledge regarding the eligibility criteria. There are certain parameters enforced for allowing only the ones who are proficient and deserve to be in the top medical colleges of the institution. It is recommended that the students should not start filling up their forms if they are not aware of the eligibility criteria of JIPMER MBBS.
For all the aspirants the eligibility criteria has been specified below:
- The university has set no bar on the nationality of an applicant. A person can belong to both Indian as well as foreign countries.
- During the time of admission the candidates should be 17 years old which means that one should born on or before 1 /1/2003 to appear in JIPMER.
- The institution has not specified the maximum age of an applicant.
- The aspirants can be entitled as eligible only if he/she has completed their 10+2 from a renowned board.
- If you have passed out your 12th boards with subjects like biology, physics, chemistry with English as an elective subject then you can sit for JIPMER 2020.
- The candidates have to appear in each of the subjects.
- The minimum qualifying marks which will be considered by the institution is 50%. For the candidates who belong to backwards categories will require to score at least 45% marks.
Is there any exam pattern?
Yes, the institute has set up a pattern of question paper and this pattern allows them to mark candidate accordingly. Students will find it easier to prepare as soon as they get an idea regarding the pattern of questions and the marks allotted for each of the sections of the question paper. Generally, this exam will be organised in CBT mode which is common to almost all the medical exams. The examinees have to complete their papers within time of two and a half hours.
Students have the liberty to select their shifts as the exam will be conducted in two shifts; one in the morning and the other in afternoon. The total number of questions that the exam paper will contain is 200. The pattern of the question will be in the form of multiple choices. If you choose correct answer then you will be awarded 4 marks and students will not be given any negative marks. The marks which has been allotted for each of the PCB subjects are mentioned below or your reference.
|List of PCB||Marks|
|Comprehension and English||10|
What is the syllabus?
The syllabus will be same as prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education for 11th and 12th standard. It will be easier for the students who have recently passed out form any CBSE board. For those who are completely ignorant about the topics which are to b covered in the syllabus need to pay a close attention on the below mentioned points.
- Biology: Human welfare, cell function and structure, diversity among the living organisms, evolution, structural organisation of both pats as well as animals etc.
- Physics: Electromagnetic induction, optics, basic concepts of magnetism, different nature of matter etc.
- English: There will be three separate sections for English. Questions that will be asked from language paper will include questions for testing writing skills, literature and also comprehension.
- Chemistry: Chemical kinetics, electro- chemistry, surface chemistry, coordination compounds, complete knowledge regarding f, p and d block elements, organic compounds that consist of Nitrogen etc.
Get informed about some significant events
The examinees have to remember certain important events like dates of application form submission, circulation of admit cards and such similar events. The institute has already published dates of some significant events and so if you have not checked the website can take a look at the below mentioned dates.
|Important events||Know the dates|
|Issue of forms||March 2020|
|Submission of forms(last date)||April 2020|
|Day of exam||June 2020|
|Admit card||May 2020|
|Releasing of result||June 2020|
Q1) I belong from SC/ST category so can I get relaxation pertaining to age?
Ans. No, you cannot get any age relaxation.
Q2) Does the NRI candidates require any eligibility certificate during admission?
Ans. Yes, the NRI’s have to produce eligibility certificate and present it to the authorities before admission.
Q3) Is there any limit of applying for JIPMER MBBS exam?
Ans. No, there are no limits of attempts for this exam.
Q4) Is there any way to know whether a candidate is selected for counselling or not?
And. The institute will publish list of successful candidates who are going to go for counselling.
4 AMU MBBS
AMU MBBS is organised every year by the Aligarh Muslim University for allowing students with PCB stream to look for medical courses. It is basically a national level exam and lakhs and lakhs of students take part in it. This exam will be conducted in different parts of India and some of the exam centres include Lucknow, Aligarh, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Srinagar etc. This section is going to clear all your doubts about the entrance test so that you do not face any problem while appearing in the exam.
Steps for applying
If the candidates want to take part in AMU MBBS then they must be in the lookout for the ways of applying. There are some simple steps that can help you to bring ease to the application processes. There has been an attempt made in this article to give you a complete guideline regarding the ways in which a candidate can apply for AMU MBBS for the year 2020. One of the first steps that will confirm a candidate’s sit in the exam is registration.
- At first the applicants are required to register from the official website.
- At the time of registration candidates have to provide their NEET roll number, email id and other personal details.
- After providing details candidates have to click on submit and as soon as you click on the button you will receive an agreement page.
- In this confirmation page some specifications will be given for the exam and if you click on agree button then you will continue with the process of registration.
- Next, the candidates will get the form and it is to be noted that one cannot submit the form until and unless they fill the fields of contact number, pin number, email id and security question.
- Once you complete filling up the forms you can click on the button ‘confirm registration’.
- Students are required to confirm their choices of exam centres and in accordance to choice filling.
- There will be some add buttons whereby you can click on add the centres. Candidates should make sure that the sequence in which they add the centres will indicate their preference.
- After registration as well as choice fill ups the aspirants need to lock their choices. For locking choices dates will be announced by the university.
Am I eligible for AMU MBBS?
The Aligarh University has set up certain criteria for making the selection process more neutral. Apart from neutrality eligibility criteria can help the university to select eligible candidates only. Prior to form fill up procedures aspirants should simply go through the criteria that might confirm their candidature. Eligibility will be decided on the basis of factors like qualification, age and nationality.
Have a look at the following considerations that are to be fulfilled for checking whether a candidate is eligible or not.
- The first and foremost consideration is in relation to nationality. A person can only sit for AMU MBBS if he/she is a citizen of India.
- Suppose you have never studied under the Aligarh University then you are not held as eligible because to take part in this exam the candidates have to study at least three year under the university.
- Perhaps the most important criterion is that a candidate is required to appear for their NEET otherwise they cannot apply for AMU MBBS.
- If a student has PCB combination in 12th and has secured at least 50% then they can apply.
- The minimum age for appearing in the exam is 17 years and maximum is 25 years.
- Apart from obtaining qualifying marks in 12th students will also be judged on the basis of their cut off percentage in NEET. You can find out the qualifying percentage in NEET so that you can start filling up application of forms for AMU MBBS for the next year.
|Category||Minimum marks to be obtained||Percentiles|
Pattern of AMU MBBS
The Aligarh University has made the question papers based on some criteria and objectives and one of the main objective is to detect whether a student is able solve tricky questions or not. Students with a good problem solving skills can get higher chances of gaining high percentage.
The question paper has been segregated into four sections. A proper knowledge about the pattern of the question will assist the students to perform well in their examination. Exam pattern will allow the students to know about the subjects, rules and timings of the exam.
This exam will commence from 10 am and will continue till 1pm. Almost 50% of the weight age will be given to aptitude and 20% will be based on competitive mode and 30% is totally based on current affairs. There will be 200 questions and each of the correct answer can help you to gain one mark and good news for the students is that there will be no deduction in case they choose a wrong answer. Questions like any other medical entrance exam will be objective in nature.
Know the syllabus
Syllabus is one of the pre-requisites while preparing for an exam. While appearing for entrance exam students often began to look for coaching classes and began to buy reference books that might help them to obtain good marks. However, a candidate for appearing in AMU MBBS will not require any special type of preparation rather 12th syllabus will do. Questions will be asked from the subjects like biology, chemistry and physics.
Students can rely upon their 12th syllabus and in case they wish to get some details on syllabus then they can go through the below mentioned section that might give list topics that you can cover for successfully appearing in this exam.
Chemistry: There will be total 28 chapters on chemistry and as it is not possible to mention each and every topic so, few have been mentioned. These include atomic structure, chemical kinetics, biomolecules, ionic equilibrium, mole concepts etc.
Biology: There will be in total 42 chapters in biology. These chapters will be based on animal nutrition, animal reproduction, application of the concepts of biotechnology, biodiversity, cell division etc.
Physics: Students have to complete about 32 chapters in physics for appearing in this exam with flying colours. Examinees need to prepare topics on current electricity, circular motion, EM waves, thermodynamic, heat, fluids, laws of motion etc.
Get informed about some crucial dates
In case the aspirants do not have any knowledge regarding the issue of forms, release date of admit cards, date of exam and many more events that are considered to be so crucial in the life of the examinees. The below mentioned table is going to specify the events along with their dates and you should definitely memorise them.
|Exam||April to June|
|Form fill up||Week, 1, January|
|Last submission of forms||Week, 2, March|
|Publication of admit cards||April|
Frequently asked questions
Q1) Is the application form of AMU MBBS available offline?
Ans. No, you have to obtain the form via online medium only.
Q2) When can I get the application forms?
Ans. Application forms will be generated in the university website in the month of January.
Q3) Is AMU MBBS conducted via online mode?
Ans. No it is organised in pen and paper mode only.
5 IPU CET MBBS
UPU CET MBBS is regarded as the medical exam which is conducted at state level by the Guru Gobind Indraprastha University. This entrance exam can give one direct admission in various postgraduate as well as undergraduate courses of medical or dental care. The applicants for IPU CER MBBS have to apply into 85% of the state quota seat in Delhi.
For the candidates who are confused regarding their choice of courses after 12th can definitely try out this exam only if you had PCB combination of subjects. One can get the complete details regarding the IPU CET MBBS so that they can give a good start to their future.
Ways to apply for IPU CET MBBS
The aspirants of IPU CET MBBS can only sit for the exam if they are able to register, fill up and submit forms within the stipulated time. Application forms are to be filled carefully otherwise, you will not be able to appear in the exam. You can take a look at the application procedures that needs to be maintained so as to avoid any sort of discrepancies.
- The forms are published on the official website of Indraprastha University which is http://www.ipu.ac.in.
- Some basic details will be required to be filled by the aspirants for registration purpose. Once you get registered you will obtain a password along with username.
- After registration candidates can login with the user id and passwords for obtaining the forms.
- Forms will contain basic details like name, educational qualification, address, parent’s name etc.
- Once you fill up your application forms you have to pay the fee which is quite essential otherwise your application is likely to be cancelled.
- For getting the payment details you can check out the forms.
- If any of the candidates makes mistake while filling up the forms then they can send the hard copy of the application along with 500 rupees.
- The images that are to be uploaded by eth candidates should be of 80kb and the applicants have to provide impression of their right thumb and also signed the forms.
How much fee is needed for applications?
Students are able to obtain guidelines regarding the fee structure for the application forms can pay close attention on the following details.
- In order to pay the fees for the application forms candidates can choose net banking or even use their credit or debit cards.
- The amount which is to be paid along with the applications is 1000 without any added tax.
- It is to be noted that form fees are not refundable.
Check your eligibility
Are you going to sit for PTU CET MBBS? Then have you checked the eligibility criteria? If not then it should be checked prior to form fill up. There are times when student’s forms get rejects as they do not meet eligibility parameters. So it is better to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria then only go for form fill ups.
- The minimum age for qualifying for the exam is 17 years and age relaxation of five years has been given to those applicants who belong to backward caste categories.
- Candidates should be a pass out of 12th standard form wither CBSE, ICSE or JMI with biology, physics and chemistry.
- The minimum percentage required by a student should be 50% for the general candidates and 40% for the SC/ST.
- Suppose a candidate has successfully completed their 12th board from any of the specific board but still his application gets cancelled. The reason being his/her not belonging from a school which comes under the boundary of Delhi.
- It is mandatory to successfully appear in NEET if you want to sit for this exam.
- The minimum marks requirement that is to be fulfilled by the candidate in their NEET exam has been enlisted below.
Increase your knowledge regarding patterns
The exam pattern has been decided by the authorities for checking the eligibility levels of the students. It often becomes difficult for a student to know about the number of question that is to be asked in the exam.
Insufficient knowledge about the question pattern can lower down the chances of getting admitted in the UG or PG courses offered by the university. Nonetheless, students need not to worry about the question pattern as this section of the study will specify about the number of question mark and other details.
This exam will be organized in offline mode and the question will be in the form of multiple choices. In total you need to complete about 200 questions which will be asked form subjects like zoology, chemistry, physics and botany. Students will be given three hours for completing their papers. If you are able to tick the correct answer then you are going to get three marks and in case you choose a wrong one mark will get deducted. Negative marking will also be given if a student tries to choose more than one option.
What about the syllabus?
If we talk about the syllabus then it is to be notified to the aspirants of IPU CET MBBS that they have to rely upon the syllabus that has been already covered by them while they were preparing for their 12th board so, there will be no requirement for additional preparations.
Examinees often get scared while preparing for their entire test because they lack any sort of guidance and as soon as they obtain the syllabus they at least know what to prepare. Those candidates who are appearing in this exam for getting admission in the UG courses will have to go through the subjects that they have completed in 10+2.
For the post graduation students, it is recommended to check their topics from the university website in accordance to the subject that they have pursued in their graduation.
Some important dates
If you are one of those aspirants who are going to give their IPU CET MBBS in the year 2020 then you will be definitely in the urgent need of knowing about some crucial dates before they sit or their exam.
|Know some events||Dates to be memorized|
|Release of forms||February 2020|
|Last day to submit forms||March 2020|
|Counselling (1st round)||July 2020|
|Reporting to respective colleges||August 2020|
Q1) Do I need to pay the fees only via online mode?
Ans. Yes, offline modes are it available for fee payments.
Q2) Actually I have failed in chemistry but appeared in all the other subjects so am I eligible?
Ans. No, you are not eligible.
Q3) Can I get a chance to appear for IPU CET MBBS without NEET?
Ans. No, it is mandatory to appear in NEET.
Q4) Can I get a scope of editing my forms?
Ans. Yes, you have to provide the hard copy of the forms for correction and also submit fee of rupees 500.
6 CMC Vellore
The Christian Medical College is known to held entrance test every year for the students who are going to aspire for medical courses. CMC is regarded as one o the most prestigious medical colleges in India. Students who are able to get a chance to join it can fulfil their dream of becoming an able doctor in the future. This college offers courses like MBBS, M.sc, nursing diploma and allied health sciences.
Those who have successfully completed their NEET can take part in this entrance test. In order to grab the opportunities the aspirants have to get a sound knowledge regarding the exam.
How to get application forms?
Application forms can be availed from the college website. You should keep a track on the website for getting information regarding the date of issuing of application forms. In case you are not able to understand the procedure of application fill up the below mentioned processes can help you out.
- At first login to the official website of the college.
- You will get the form fill up option. You have to click on it to get the form.
- After obtaining the form make sure that you go through each and every instruction before start filling it up.
- You have to fill up the personal details along with your educational qualification.
- After completing the form fill up candidates have to upload their recent passport size photographs.
Know the fee procedures
Fee is another important consideration while filling up the forms because even after filling correct form you can appear in the exam without paying fees.
- Fee is to be given through online mode i.e with the help of debit or credit cards.
- Examinees are required to pay a fee of rupees 500 and additional charge of 500 is to be given for the group A and the post graduate candidates have to give 100 for the group B.
- In case you are opting for draft then make sure you pay it to the CMC.
Get guideline for the patterns
The exam pattern can be called a blue print of an exam. It can allow the examinees to get a chance to know about the number and type of questions to be asked in the exam. It is always recommended that the students should once go through the previous year’s question papers for gaining idea about the questions. However, if you are unable to get previous year’s papers then you can just take a look at the following points:
- The question paper will be divided into two sections. The first section will contain 60 questions and the students will be given 50 minutes whereas the next part will comprise of 60 questions too but the time will be 20 minutes.
- The questions will be in the form of multiple choices.
- Those who have opted for diploma they have to attempt 15 questions from general ability and 25 questions each from PCB subjects.
- This exam will be conducted for 70 minutes.
How to check eligibility criteria?
Christian College have set certain criteria for the exam. As there are two groups of courses offered by the college so, candidates have to prepare themselves accordingly. Each of these groups has different qualifying marks as well as eligibility standards formulated for the students. The below mentioned points will throw light on the eligibility criteria of both Group A and Group B respectively so please have a look at it.
Criteria for Group A:
- Those who fall under this group should be more than 17 years old and the maximum age limit should not exit 30 years.
- The students who are going to appear for MBBS need to complete their 10+2 from a renowned board.
- It is mandatory that a student should pass in each of the PCB subject along with English.
- Minimum qualifying marks in PCB subjects should not be less than 50%.
- For the students of B.Sc nursing 45% is the minimum qualifying marks.
- Only unmarried women are eligible to apply for nursing course.
Group B criteria:
- The minimum age is same as that of group A. But the maximum age limit is specified as per courses i.e for the candidate in assisted reproductive technology diploma age limit is 30 years whereas for diploma in the Radiodiagnosis is 25 years.
- This group is meant to be applied by the diploma aspirants.
- In order to become eligible for applying for diploma course one should secure at least 40% marks in PCB.
- For those who have opted for diploma in Radiodiagnosis technology has no such marking criteria.
Syllabus of CMC Vellore
Syllabus seems to be one of the most crucial factors which enable a student to increase their score. Most of the time it has been found that students fails to pass the exam and it is solely due to the fact that they do not get any idea about the syllabus pattern.
One should consider the syllabus as the basic parameter upon which questions are set by the authorities. If you are of the view point that you can pass the exam just by going through the syllabus that you have covered in your 10+2 then it will not do. The main objective behind this exam is to check a student’s knowledge. There will be subjects like chemistry, biology and physics and question will only be based on them.
However, it is to be noted that in order to get complete detail of the syllabus of CMC Vellore candidates need to check out the syllabus prescribed by the board of TN Dr. MGR Medical University. This is because the examinees will be given questions based on the university’s syllabus.
What are the important dates?
You might be eager to know about the date of form issue or distribution of admit cards or any other document publication. VMC Vellore organises both undergraduate as well as post graduate programs so, here is a table which has been enlisted below:
|Form fill up||Week, 3, February|
|Exam||Last Week, May|
|Document submission(last day)||Week, 1, April|
|Issue of forms||Week, 1, November, 2019|
|Submission of the NEET marks||Week 3(January)-Week1(February) 2020|
|Admission(for Diploma and degree courses)||March, 2020|
|Publication of merit list||March, 2020|
Some common questions asked by students:
Q1) Can I get application forms via offline mode?
Ans. No, application forms can only be published on the official website.
Q2) Are there any group division for CMC Vellore? What are they?
Ans. Yes, there are mainly two groups namely A and B. A is for degree programs and B for diploma courses.
Q3) Can I pay the fees through Demand draft?
Ans. Yes, you can pay it through demand draft.
Q4) Actually I am 23 years old so can I apply for diploma in assisted reproductive technology?
Ans. No, you cannot because the specified age for the course is 30 years.
The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology conducts an entrance test that guarantees medical course aspirants to get admitted in UG or PG courses. However, the selection procedure is conducted only by checking the NEET score. Students without appearing for NEET will not be allowed to proceed with the application procedures. With the help of this exam students can get admission in courses like PG dental, MBBS, PG medical and BDS. Once you crack this exam and get admitted to KIIT you can get golden opportunities to get recruited in top companies who will offer you high salary packages.
Apply for KIITEE
The application forms will be released by the university on their official website and the aspirants have to keep a track on the dates of issue of the forms. If you are going to appear in KIITEE in the next year then it is better to go through the points given below so as to gain a complete knowledge regarding the application procedures.
- At first login to the website of Kalinga University.
- Students should make sure that they fill up the details carefully because any mistake will likely to cancel their applications.
- Once you are done with the filling up process you can upload your photographs and it should be scanned along with your signature.
- The applicants have to upload their 10th certificates along with the forms.
- Although students will not be asked to submit the hard copies of the forms but still they can get it printed for future purposes.
- One can easily check the status of their application by visiting the university website.
- One of the best parts of KIITEE is that candidates will be exempted from paying huge sum of fees as there will no fee charged by the university.
Some criteria for checking eligibility
There are some criteria set for checking whether a candidate is proficient enough to take part in this entrance test. Those who have not begun with the form fill up can pay a close attention on the criteria that are given below:
- The first and foremost condition that is to be fulfilled by a candidate is that he/she should be a 12th passed out.
- Candidates who are applying for undergraduate programs have to score at least 60% marks in PCB subjects.
- In case you have already completed your gradation and opted for PG then your qualifying marks should be 50%.
- The age of the examinees should not be less than 19 years.
Know the exam pattern for KIITEE
Exam pattern can help the candidates to increase the chances of obtaining good marks in the exam. In case you are finding it difficult to look for previous year’s question paper then just go through this section as you are going to get complete information regarding pattern of question, duration of exam and similar things.
- The exam will be organised through CBT method.
- There will be four choices given for each of the questions.
- KIITEE is going to continue for three hours and candidates have to complete their question papers within the given time and no extension will be given.
- There will be in total 180 questions on the paper.
- There have been marks division made as per subjects like physics will be of 45 marks, biology is of 90 marks and chemistry will carry 45 marks.
- One mark will be deducted for wrong answers and 3mark will be given for each correct answer.
Know the syllabus
The syllabus of KIITEE will be solely based on the decisions that are taken by the university. The university is going to publish the syllabus on their website and the students are required to check the site. So far it can be said that the syllabus is almost similar to that of other medical exams. In case you want to start up early you can just go through the syllabus which is prescribed in your 10+2. There will be three subjects that include chemistry, biology and physics and questions will only be based on these subjects only.
Students should ensure that they should give importance to the subjects based on the marks allotted for them. If you look at the exam pattern you will find that biology carries 90 marks so, it is clear that you have to put more focus on this subject for gaining success in KIITEE.
You may also check – AFMC MBBS exam
Dates to be checked
There are some events that required the aspirant special attention and these include publication of forms on the site, exam date, admit card issue and many more. Have a look at the table below that will mention the dates.
|Significant events||Tentative dates|
|Form availability||November 2019|
|Exam day||April 2020|
|Last date of form fill up||March 2020|
Frequently Asked questions:
Q1) How can I check status of my application?
Ans. You can check your application status by simply clicking on the application status tab that is given in the university website.
Q2) How much is the application fees?
Ans. You need not have to give any application fee.
Q3) Actually I have lost KIITEE so can I get it back?
Ans. Yes, you need to click on the tab which shows find application number.
Therefore, all the aspirants of medical courses have surely got an idea regarding the exam that can help them to fulfil their dream of becoming a doctor.