Do you want to become a Doctor? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh. Students from UP and neighboring states may use this guide to find the right college.
Why is it so important to choose a good college, you may ask. The college a student chooses will play an integral role in deciding the path of his/her career. A good college will give you advantages such as – access to excellent infrastructure, access to well equipped labs, access to other amenities, chance to learn under experienced faculty etc.
This post will help you find the right medical college! The main aim of this post is to guide you through medical admission process and help you find the best college!
As I mentioned before, both students and parents may use this guide as reference material. This list contains the names of popular medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find relevant information such as – medical courses, their duration, eligibility, admission process and more.
Before heading to the meat of the matter – list of medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh – let us check out the different types of medical colleges in UP. Here’s everything you need to know –
Types of medical colleges in UP
There exists three main types of medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh. They are –
- Government medical colleges
- Private medical colleges
- Aided medical colleges
This classification of colleges has been carried out on the basis of the entity that governs/manages the institute. Government medical colleges are run by the Government (State or Central). Private medical colleges are managed by private charitable trusts and organizations. Aided colleges are private institutes. They receive financial support from the Government.
Government medical colleges charge very low tuition fees. This is the main reason why Govt medical colleges are very popular among medical aspirants. Each year, hundreds of thousands of medical education aspirants apply for MBBS admission. Their main target is to obtain a Government seat. Private colleges charge relatively higher tuition fees.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges. Here it is –
List of medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh 2019
Here are some of the popular medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh –
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Government Medical College, Jalaun, Uttar Pradesh
- Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Government Medical College, Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh
- Government Medical College and Super Facility Hospital, Chakrapanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Baba Raghav Das Medical College, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Mahamaya Rajkiya Allopathic Medical College, Ambedkarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
- Government Medical College, Banda, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Maharani Laxmibai Medical College, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Subharti Medical College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Shaikh Ul Hind Maulana Mahmood Hasan Medical College, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
- GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Lala Lajpatrai Memorial Medical College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences, Saifai, Uttar Pradesh
- Rohilkhand Medical College and Hospital, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
- Sharda University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Eras Lucknow Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- School of Medical Sciences and Research, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- FH Medical College, Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Integral Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Rajshree Medical Research Institute, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Rama Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Career Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences, Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
- KD Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- GS Medical College and Hospital, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh
- Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh
- Rama University, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- TS Misra Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh
- Major SD Singh Medical College and Hospital, Farrukhabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Santosh Medical College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
The above list has not been ranked in any order. The list consists of both Government and Private institutes. Let us find out more details about admission process. Here’s everything you need to know –
Admission process is carried out on the basis of merit list and merit marks. Under this system, merit marks scored by students in medical entrance exam and/or board exam are taken into consideration. Based on the merit list, seats are distributed among deserving candidates. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Let us check out the list of popular medical courses in UP. Here it is –
List of popular medical courses
Here are some of the popular medical courses available in UP –
MBBS is the most popular medical course in India. It stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree course. The academic program is 5½ years long. After completing MBBS, graduates may go for PG medical courses such as MS, MD and PG Diploma programs.
The above mentioned courses can be categorized into the following types (based on academic level that they belong to) –
- Doctoral Degree
UG stands for undergraduate level. PG stands for postgraduate level. Doctoral Degree courses are research oriented programs.
Based on course format, these courses can be classified into the following types –
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- PG Diploma
Career Prospects and Scope
If you want to become a Doctor in India, you must have a minimum educational qualification of – completed MBBS. You must also get registered with the MCI.
Qualified actors have access to Government sector and Private sector jobs. They even have access to ample amount of self-employment opportunities.
Doctors are hired by hospitals (Government and private), clinics, community health centers, primary health centers, rehabilitation clinics, nursing homes etc. If you are interested in self-employment, you may start your own clinic/hospital/healthcare institute. You may also check – list of medical colleges in Kerala, Karnataka and West Bengal.