Medical education is a very popular choice among biology group students. Have you passed 12th Science with PCB subjects? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best medical colleges in Telangana. This post will simplify your MBBS admission process!
In this post, you will find the names of prominent medical colleges in Telangana. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional data such as – relevant medical courses, their duration, eligibility criteria and admission process.
In short, this post consists of all the details that you need to know about medical education in Telangana. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college.
Why is choosing the right college is such an important task, you may ask. The college you choose will influence you in different ways. For example, the fees structure will influence the way you manage to fund your education. Similarly, the quality of the college you choose will have a telling impact on the path of your career. For example – AIIMS tag can work wonders for your career!
How to choose the right medical college, you may ask. While it is certainly not a very easy task, it is not too difficult either! While going to secure admission into any college, give attention to the following factors – recognition status, rating, reviews, quality of infrastructure, availability of amenities, availability of skilled faculty etc.
As I mentioned before, medical education is a popular choice among 12th Science biology students. Many of them want to become Doctors! What’s it like to become a Doctor? What’s the scope and potential associated to this profession? You will find answers to these questions in the next section –
Doctor: Profession, Scope and Details
A doctor is a professional who practices medicine. It involves activities such as study, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, conditions and physical or mental impairments. A Doctor is also known by other names and titles such as – physician, medical practitioner or medical doctor.
Doctors form an integral part of healthcare sector. Depending upon their job profile and type, they may work alone or as part of a team. The team may consist of other doctors, nurses, assistants and paramedical professionals.
A Doctor may work at healthcare establishments such as – hospitals (Government and private), clinics, nursing homes, NGOs, community health centers etc. Medical education is a vast field. It consists of different areas of specialization such as – dermatology, neurology, orthopaedics, oncology, surgery, general medicine etc.
How to become a doctor in India, you may ask. In order to become a Doctor in India, you must possess the minimum academic qualification of MBBS Degree. You must also be registered with the medical council.
Healthcare sector is growing at a rapid pace in India. The demand for skilled doctors is increasing with each passing year. Indians are giving more attention towards healthcare. This has resulted in growing opportunities for Doctors!
Doctors have access to different types of job profiles and opportunities. Government, Private sector and self-employment – these are some of the notable opportunities that they have access to.
Let us focus our attention towards popular medical courses in India. Here’s everything you need to know –
Medical courses in India can be classified into the following types (on the basis of academic level) –
- Doctoral Degree
UG stands for undergraduate level. MBBS is the most popular UG level medical course in India. This academic program is 5.5 years long. This program also covers an internship stint that lasts for a period of one year. 12th Science (PCB group) pass students are eligible to apply for admission.
After completing MBBS, graduates may go for PG level courses such as – MS, MD and PG Diploma programs. PG level courses will help graduates specialize in areas of medical practice such as – dermatology, surgery, general medicine, gynaecology etc.
Types of medical colleges
There exists three main types of medical colleges in Telangana. They are –
- Government medical colleges
- Private medical colleges
- Aided medical colleges
The classification of colleges have been carried out on the basis of the body/entity that owns/manages the college. For example, Government medical colleges are managed and funded by the Government. Private medical colleges are managed by private charitable trusts and organizations. Aided colleges are managed by private charitable trusts and organizations, but they receive partial funding and support from the Government.
Let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of medical colleges in Telangana 2019
Here are some of the popular medical colleges in Telangana –
- Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Secunderabad, Telangana
- Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, Telangana
- Government Medical College, Nizamabad, Telangana
- Government Medical College, Mahbubnagar, Telangana
- ESIC Medical College, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Adilabad, Telangana
- Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Mediciti College of Medical Sciences, Medchal, Telangana
- Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Hyderabad, Telangana
- MR Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Telangana
- SVS Medical College, Mahbubnagar, Telangana
- Kamineni Academy of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narketpally, Telangana
- MR Medical College for Women, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar, Telangana
- Maheshwara Medical College and Hospital, Patancheru, Telangana
- MNR Medical College and Hospital, Sangareddy, Telangana
- Bhaskar Medical College and General Hospital, Moinabad, Telangana
- Mamata Medical College, Khammam, Telangana
- Shadan Institute of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital and Research Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana
- CAR Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar, Telangana
- Dr VRK Women Medical College Teaching Hospital and Research Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana
In order to secure admission into the above mentioned colleges, you must take part in merit based admission process. You must score valid marks in relevant entrance exam. Seats are allotted to deserving candidates on the basis of merit marks scored by them in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam.