Do you want to pursue MBBS after completing 12th Science? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best medical colleges in Rajasthan, India. Government and private – I’ve covered different types of colleges in this post.
MBBS is the most popular choice among 12th science biology group candidates. It is not uncommon to see them apply for MBBS admission after 12th board exam.
In this post, you will find the list of popular medical colleges in Rajasthan. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of medical courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – I’ve covered all these details in this post. This post will help you choose the right medical college. It will definitely simplify your MBBS admission process.
Choosing the right medical college is an important tasks. While selecting a college, one must ensure that the institute performs well in areas such as – faculty, infrastructure, amenities, rating and reviews. You may also check the list of medical colleges in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Come, let us take a closer look at the course details. Here it is –
List of medical colleges in Rajasthan 2019
Here are some of the popular medical colleges in Rajasthan –
- AIIMS, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Government Medical College, Kota, Rajasthan
- Government Medical College, Bharatpur, Rajasthan
- Government Medical College, Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Dr SN Medical College and Hospital, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Jhalawar Hospital and Medical College, Jhalawar, Rajasthan
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Singhania University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
- RUHS College of Medical Sciences, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Geetanjali University, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Pacific Medical University, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- RNT Medical College, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Desert Medicine Research Centre, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- NIMS University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
The above list consists of both Government and private institutes. Come, let us take a closer look at the different types of medical colleges. Here it is –
Types of medical colleges
Based on the entity that owns the college, medical colleges in Rajasthan can be classified into the following types –
- Government medical colleges
- Private medical colleges
Government medical colleges are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. These colleges charge relatively low tuition fees. Private medical colleges are managed and funded by private charitable trusts and organizations. These colleges charge relatively higher tuition fees.
In order to get a merit seat, one must crack relevant medical entrance exam. Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to carry out donation based admission process.
Types of medical courses
Medical courses can be classified into different types on the basis of multiple factors. For example, depending upon the academic level, these courses can be classified into the following levels – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree.
Based on the format of the course, these courses can be classified into the following types – Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and PhD programs.
MBBS is the most popular medical course in India. It is an undergraduate level course. Technically, it is a Bachelor’s Degree course. Students who have passed 12th Science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course.
After completing MBBS, graduates may go for PG programs such as – MS, MD, PG Diploma and DNB programs.
Doctors have access to different types of job profiles and opportunities. They have access to Government sector jobs, private sector jobs and self-employment opportunities.
Government sector recruiters include – Government hospitals, clinics, healthcare centers, rural healthcare centers etc. Private sector recruiters include – private hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, NGOs, old age homes etc.
Doctors even have access to ample amount of self-employment opportunities. They may start their own hospital, clinic or healthcare center.