Hi readers! This post will be of help to MBBS aspirants from Madhya Pradesh, India. In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh. Government and private – I’ve covered both types of colleges in this post.
Both students and parents may use this post to find the right medical college. It will definitely simplify your MBBS admission process.
In this post, you will find the names of popular medical colleges in MP, India. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional information such as – list of medical courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – I’ve covered all these details in this post. In short, you will find all the details about the present status of medical education in MP in this post! You may also check – medical colleges in South India.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh 2019
Here are some of the popular medical colleges in MP –
- AIIMS, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- RD Gardi Medical College, Ujjian, Madhya Pradesh
- Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Malwanchal University, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Chirayu Medical College and Hospital, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh
- Index Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- People’s University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- LN Medical College and Research Centre, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
The above list has not been ranked in any order. The list consists of different types of medical colleges. Come, let us take a closer look at these types of colleges now. Here it is –
Types of medical colleges
Based on the entity that owns the college, medical colleges in MP can be classified into the following types –
- Government medical colleges
- Private medical colleges
Government colleges, as the name suggests, are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. These colleges charge very low tuition fees. This is the main reason why students prefer Govt institutes over private ones.
Private colleges are owned and funded by private charitable trusts and organizations. These colleges charge relatively higher tuition fees.
Come, let us take a closer look at the admission process. Here it is –
In order to get a merit or Government seat, one must crack relevant entrance exam. A merit list is prepared on the basis of candidates’ performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board examination. Based on this merit list, medical seats are distributed among deserving candidates. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Popular medical courses
Here are some of the popular medical education programs in MP – MBBS, MS, MD, DNB etc. MBBS is an undergraduate level academic program. It is the most popular medical course in MP, India.
After completing MBBS, graduates may go for PG programs such as – MS, MD, DNB etc. Based on the academic level, the above mentioned programs can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree programs.
UG stands for undergraduate level. PG stands for postgraduate level. Doctoral Degree programs (such as PhD) are research oriented programs.
Doctors are usually hired by healthcare institutes such as – hospitals (Government and private), clinics, nursing homes, rehabilitation clinics, old age homes, NGOs, community healthcare centers, rural healthcare centers etc.
They even have access to ample amount of self-employment opportunities. They may start their own hospital, clinic or healthcare institute.