Do you want to become a Doctor? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best medical colleges in Gujarat. You may use this guide to to simplify your MBBS admission process.
Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right medical college. In this post, you will find the names of popular medical colleges. Apart from the names of institutes, you will also find relevant information such as – MBBS course details, duration, eligibility criteria, other medical courses and admission process.
Why become a Doctor, you may ask. Here are some of the pros associated with this profession –
- Doctors are well respected by the society
- It is a well rewarding profession (financially)
- This profession enables you to help patients. It gives immense job satisfaction
- Availability of ample amount of job opportunities
On the other hand, this profession also brings with it few cons. Here are the notable cons –
- Lack of rest (due to long working hours, odd work timing etc)
- Physical and mental exhaustion
- Hazardous working conditions (in case of outbreak of an epidemic)
How to become a Doctor, you may ask. In order to become a Doctor, the minimum qualification required is – completed MBBS Degree. One must also be registered with relevant Medical Council department.
After completing MBBS, you may go for PG courses such as – MS, MD, PG Diploma programs. PG courses will help you specialize in branches of medicine such as – radiology, cardiology, dermatology, surgery, general medicine etc.
Let us check out more details about medical courses available in Gujarat. Here’s everything you need to know –
Popular medical courses
Medical courses in India can be classified into different types. Based on the academic level, these programs can be classified into the following types –
- UG level
- PG level
- Doctoral Degree level
MBBS is the most popular medical course in India. It stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree course. The academic program is 5.5 years long.
Students who have completed 12th science with PCB subjects are eligible to pursue this course. The academic program consists of one year internship stint.
After completing MBBS, graduates may go for higher studies. Talking about higher studies, some of the popular PG courses available in front of MBBS graduates are –
- PG Diploma programs
MS stands for Master of Surgery. MD stands for Doctor of Medicine. The above mentioned academic programs belong to postgraduate level. These programs will help you specialize in different branches of medicine.
There exists three main types of medical colleges in Gujarat. Here’s everything you need to know –
Types of medical colleges
Medical colleges in Gujarat can be broadly classified into the following types –
- Government medical colleges
- Private medical colleges
- Aided medical colleges
Government medical colleges are managed by the state Government. These colleges are funded by the Government. As a result, these colleges charge very low tuition fees. This is the main reason why students prefer Government medical colleges over other institutes.
Private medical colleges are also known as self financing colleges. These institutes are managed and funded by private charitable trusts and organizations. These institutes charge high tuition fees. Aided colleges are private institutes. But they receive partial funding and support from the Government.
Let us move to the meat of the matter now – list of medical colleges in Gujarat. Here it is –
List of medical colleges in Gujarat 2019
Here are some of the popular medical colleges in Gujarat –
- BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- GCS Medical College and Research Center, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- AMCMET Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- GMERS Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Pramukh Swami Medical College, Karamsad, Anand, Gujarat
- Government Medical College, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
- Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj, Gujarat
- MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat
- Government Medical College, Vadodara, Gujarat
- GMERS, Vadodara, Gujarat
- PRMED, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Government Medical College, Surat, Gujarat
- SMIMER, Surat, Gujarat
- PDU Medical College, Rajkot, Gujarat
- CU Shah Medical College, Surendranagar, Gujarat
- GMERS, Himmatnagar, Gujarat
- GMERS, Patan, Gujarat
- Banas Medical College and Research Institute, Palanpur, Gujarat
- GMERS, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- GMERS, Junagadh, Gujarat
- GMERS, Valsad, Gujarat
- GMERS, Vadnagar, Gujarat
In order to secure admission into the above mentioned institutes, you must take part in relevant entrance exam and admission process. If you want a Government seat, you must score high marks in relevant entrance exam. Seats are allotted to deserving candidates on the basis of merit marks scored by them in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam.