MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. Its course duration is 2 years. In India, MBA is pursued as a PG (Post Graduate) course. There are various branches and areas of specialization, when it comes to this course. MBA aspirants have loads of options to choose from. The availability of such large number of options even tends to confuse aspirants! In this article, I will list some of the best areas of specialization in MBA course.
Article Overview and Contents
Managerial/administrative jobs are financially well rewarding. An MBA can help you build a dream career in the management sector!
Reports show that employers are keen on recruiting candidates with management skills. Irrespective of the nature of the job, employers want employees to have basic management skills. Such candidates are highly valued and rewarded by recruiters!
A Bachelor’s Degree will help give direction and shape to your career. But a Master’s Degree like an MBA will help broaden the career prospects. It will open new doors of opportunities in front of you!
It is not uncommon to see Bachelor’s Degree holders hitting a plateau (career-wise) after setting sail! An MBA can give a boost to your stalled career! It is not uncommon to see working professionals going after an MBA for obtaining a promotion!
Types of MBA programs in India
MBA programs can broadly be classified into two types –
- General management program
- Specialization program
A general MBA program focuses on the fundamentals of management. The curriculum covers core management subjects such as HRM, Marketing, Finance, Entrepreneurship etc.
Apart from that, there also exists numerous MBA programs, which focus on a particular niche/domain/discipline. Such programs are known as specialization programs.
A typical specialization program focuses on both general management subjects and specialization-specific subjects.
List of top specializations in MBA course
- International Business
- Media Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Retail Management
- Real Estate Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Family Business
- International Accounting Practices
- Business Analytics
- Hospital and Healthcare Management
- Event Management
Those were some of the best MBA branches available in India. These branches are available across many reputed Private as well as Government Institutes in India.
Also read: Best management courses to do after 12th
Not satisfied yet? Do you want to check out more MBA specializations? Don’t worry! The list provided below contains names of many MBA specialization programs offered by management education institutes spread all across India! Here’s the list –
Exhaustive list of MBA specializations in India –
- MBA in Shipping and Logistics Management
- MBA in Shipping and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Shipping and Port Operations Management
- MBA in Airport Management
- MBA in Airport and Logistics Management
- MBA in Real Estate and Infrastructure Management
- MBA in Hospital Administration
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Production Management
- MBA in Process Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Dairy Technology and Management
- MBA in Agribusiness Management
- MBA in Energy Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- MBA in Travel and Hospitality Management
- MBA in Sports Management
- MBA in Brand Management
- MBA in Logistics Management
- MBA in Aviation and Airport Management
- MBA in Plantation Management
- MBA in Industrial Management
- MBA in Export and Import Management
- MBA in Disaster Management
- MBA in Rural Management
- MBA in Insurance and Risk Management
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Information Management
- MBA in New Media and Information Management
- MBA in IT (Information Technology)
- MBA in Infrastructure Management
- MBA in Transport and Logistics Management
- MBA in Biotechnology
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Business Management
- MBA in Business Administration
- MBA in Product Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Environmental Management
- MBA in Oil and Gas Management
- MBA in Petroleum and Natural Gas Management
- MBA in Personnel Management
- MBA in Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Fashion Management
- MBA in Fashion Communication
- MBA in Fashion Merchandising
- MBA in Quality Assurance Management
Different modes of learning
In India, you will find learning modes designed for everyone’s needs! An individual may choose a learning mode based on his/her present status (employed, student, international student etc).
Here are some of the notable learning modes –
- Regular Classroom programs
- Online learning programs
- Distance Education programs
- Fast-track programs (Accelerated MBA)
- Executive MBA programs
- Part time MBA programs
Here are some basic details about some notable specializations –
1 MBA in HR Management
HRM is here to stay! As long as companies recruit and employ personnel, HR managers will be in demand! Companies hire skilled HR managers to take care of tasks such as recruitment, employee development, training & retention, performance analysis, compensation and rewarding.
2 MBA in Marketing Management
In order to sell goods and services, businesses need an effective marketing strategy. They depend on skilled marketing managers to develop, test and execute marketing campaigns and strategies. In short, skilled marketing managers will always be in demand!
3 MBA in Digital Marketing
Thanks to the advent of IT and Digital Technology, Digital Marketing has become very important. Sectors such as Digital Media, Online Branding and E-Commerce have opened doors to new opportunities!
In order to remain competitive in Digital Age, companies need skilled Digital Marketers. This relatively new MBA specialization is here to stay and will generate more job opportunities in the future!
4 MBA in IT
IT (Information Technology) plays a key role in our day to day lives. We use IT systems for purposes such as healthcare, education, governance, entertainment and shopping!
MBA in IT program is well known for churning out IT managers. IT managers are hired by IT firms and allied companies to take manage IT projects.
5 MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
India has a thriving travel and tourism industry. Each year, hundreds of thousands of tourists visit NZ!
If you want to build a career in travel and tourism sector, this academic program will be of help to you!
6 MBA in Finance Management
Why do companies hire finance managers? Finance managers ensure that there is good cash flow. They take care of strategic management and monetary decisions. They play a crucial role in ensuring the operational health of a company.
Skilled finance managers will always be in demand!
7 MBA in Business Analytics
Data, if analyzed properly, can work wonders for a company! Business analytics mainly deals with data analytics and statistical methods!
Business analytics uses a set of metrics to investigate and study the past performance of a company. The conclusion can be used to formulate strategy and plans for the company’s future!
8 MBA in Healthcare management
Healthcare sector is growing at a healthy pace in India. In order to ensure healthcare system’s smooth functioning, we need skilled healthcare managers!
9 MBA in Media Management
Media managers are recruited by newspapers, Digital media firms, Internet media firms, Publishing firms etc. Media – traditional and new age – is here to stay. As long as it stays, skilled media managers will always be in demand!
10 MBA in Aviation Management
Aviation industry is doing decently well in India. Around the globe, this sector is doing well. It generates ample job opportunities. Aviation management professionals are hired by Airlines, travel and tourism firms.
Before selecting any particular area of specialization, perform a compatibility test. Check whether the particular MBA branch suits your area of interest, career goals as well as aptitude.