MBA is a very popular choice among graduates in New Zealand. If you are an MBA aspirant from NZ, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best MBA specializations in New Zealand.
Apart from local Graduates, NZ MBA Colleges are also very popular among International students! It is not uncommon to see Graduates from Asia fly to New Zealand for pursuing an MBA!
As we all know, MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a postgraduate level management education program.
There are two main types of MBA programs –
- General MBA
- MBA (Specialization)
General MBA program deals with general management subjects. The curriculum primarily focuses on core management subjects. The main aim of this program is to instill basic business management skills in students.
There also exists numerous MBA programs, which focus on a particular domain/industry/discipline. Such academic programs are called specialization MBA programs.
Unlike general MBA program, the curriculum of these programs focuses on both core and discipline-specific management subjects. For example, MBA in Digital Marketing curriculum covers core management subjects (HRM, Marketing, Finance) as well as Digital Marketing subjects!
If you want to land a managerial job in a specific industry/domain, it makes sense to pursue a relevant MBA program (focusing on that discipline).
Best MBA specializations in New Zealand
Here’s the list of best MBA specialization programs in New Zealand –
1 MBA in HR Management
HRM is here to stay! As long as companies recruit and employ personnel, HR managers will be in demand! Companies hire skilled HR managers to take care of tasks such as recruitment, employee development, training & retention, performance analysis, compensation and rewarding.
2 MBA in Marketing Management
In order to sell goods and services, businesses need an effective marketing strategy. They depend on skilled marketing managers to develop, test and execute marketing campaigns and strategies. In short, skilled marketing managers will always be in demand!
3 MBA in Digital Marketing
Thanks to the advent of IT and Digital Technology, Digital Marketing has become very important. Sectors such as Digital Media, Online Branding and E-Commerce have opened doors to new opportunities!
In order to remain competitive in Digital Age, companies need skilled Digital Marketers. This relatively new MBA specialization is here to stay and will generate more job opportunities in the future!
4 MBA in IT
IT (Information Technology) plays a key role in our day to day lives. We use IT systems for purposes such as healthcare, education, governance, entertainment and shopping!
MBA in IT program is well known for churning out IT managers. IT managers are hired by IT firms and allied companies to take manage IT projects.
5 MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
New Zealand has a thriving travel and tourism industry. Each year, hundreds of thousands of tourists visit NZ!
If you want to build a career in travel and tourism sector, this academic program will be of help to you!
6 MBA in Finance Management
Why do companies hire finance managers? Finance managers ensure that there is good cash flow. They take care of strategic management and monetary decisions. They play a crucial role in ensuring the operational health of a company.
Skilled finance managers will always be in demand!
7 MBA in Business Analytics
Data, if analyzed properly, can work wonders for a company! Business analytics mainly deals with data analytics and statistical methods!
Business analytics uses a set of metrics to investigate and study the past performance of a company. The conclusion can be used to formulate strategy and plans for the company’s future!
8 MBA in Healthcare management
Healthcare sector is growing at a healthy pace in New Zealand. In order to ensure healthcare system’s smooth functioning, we need skilled healthcare managers!
9 MBA in Media Management
Media managers are recruited by newspapers, Digital media firms, Internet media firms, Publishing firms etc. Media – traditional and new age – is here to stay. As long as it stays, skilled media managers will always be in demand!
10 MBA in Aviation Management
Aviation industry is doing decently well in New Zealand. Around the globe, this sector is doing well. It generates ample job opportunities. Aviation management professionals are hired by Airlines, travel and tourism firms.
Also read: MBA in USA (Everything you need to know)
The above MBA specializations are ideal for graduates in New Zealand. The career prospects associated with each specialization is good. If you are an international student looking to settle down in NZ, these programs will be of help to you.
Apart from them, there also exists numerous MBA specialization programs. Here they are –
- MBA in Shipping and Logistics Management
- MBA in Shipping and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Shipping and Port Operations Management
- MBA in Airport Management
- MBA in Airport and Logistics Management
- MBA in Real Estate and Infrastructure Management
- MBA in Hospital Administration
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Production Management
- MBA in Process Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Dairy Technology and Management
- MBA in Agribusiness Management
- MBA in Energy Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- MBA in Travel and Hospitality Management
- MBA in Sports Management
- MBA in Brand Management
- MBA in Logistics Management
- MBA in Aviation and Airport Management
- MBA in Plantation Management
- MBA in Industrial Management
- MBA in Export and Import Management
- MBA in Disaster Management
- MBA in Rural Management
- MBA in Insurance and Risk Management
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Information Management
- MBA in New Media and Information Management
- MBA in IT (Information Technology)
- MBA in Infrastructure Management
- MBA in Transport and Logistics Management
- MBA in Biotechnology
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Business Management
- MBA in Business Administration
- MBA in Product Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Environmental Management
- MBA in Oil and Gas Management
- MBA in Petroleum and Natural Gas Management
- MBA in Personnel Management
- MBA in Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Fashion Management
- MBA in Fashion Communication
- MBA in Fashion Merchandising
- MBA in Quality Assurance Management