MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. It is a popular management entrance exam in India. Do you want to register for MAT this year? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of MAT 2021 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – MAT application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about MAT application process.
Come, let us take a closer look at MAT application process-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||MAT (Management Aptitude Test)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
MAT is a national level competitive examination. It is a management entrance exam. AIMA conducts this exam. They are known to conduct this test four times in a year.
The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into PG level management programs (like MBA and PGDM programs). If you are interested in MBA or PGDM admission, this post will be of help to you.
Our MAT guide deals with the following topics – important dates, registration process, form-filling, uploading relevant documents and application fee. After reading this post, you will find answers to the following questions –
- How to fill MAT application form?
- How to register for MAT 2021?
- What’s the last date to submit application form?
- And more…
Come, let us check out the schedule and important dates –
|Online application process to start on||3rd or 4th week of December, 2020|
|Last date to apply (offline test – pen paper based)||1st week of February, 2021|
|Last date to apply (Computer based test)||3rd week of February, 2021|
|Admit card to be issued on (offline exam – pen paper based)||2nd week of February, 2021|
|Admit card to be issued on (CBT)||3rd week of February, 2021|
Come, let us take a closer look at the application process. Here it is –
MAT 2021 Application Process
MAT application process can be broadly classified into the following stages –
- MAT registration
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Let us take a closer look at each stage. Let us start –
MAT 2021 Registration Process
- Visit the official website of AIMA (aima.in).
- Search for MAT registration link for fresh candidate. Click on it.
- Fill up the registration form by entering the following details – name of the candidate, date of birth, email id and mobile number.
- Set a strong password.
- Select your state/UT.
- Tick on relevant tabs.
- Click on ‘submit’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘verify and proceed’ button.
Registration process is complete! After registration, candidates may sign in with their credentials and access the application form. Come, let us check out the step by step application process –
MAT 2021 Application Process
- After verifying your mobile number and submitting the application form, you will be redirected to the application form.
- Click on the ‘complete details’ button.
- Sign in by entering your credentials (email id, password and date of birth).
- Pay application fee.
- Upload scanned documents.
- Fill up the application by entering the following details – personal details, choice of exam-mode, choice of test city, email id, work experience, academic details and address.
- Click on ‘save and next step’ after dealing with each section of application form.
- Finally, click on ‘submit’ button.
- Download your application form and take its printout for further use/reference.
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details –
- Personal details: Name of candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, nationality, category etc.
- Contact details: Email id and mobile number.
- Address: Residential address, state/UT, district, pin code etc.
- Academic details (10th/Diploma/equivalent): Percentage of marks and qualification status.
- Academic details (Graduation): Degree/course name, percentage of marks, stream, qualification status etc.
- Work experience (Optional): Experience in months.
- Preferences: Choice of Management Institutes and test centers.
- Additional details: Whether you are appearing for other management tests or not.
MAT 2021 Application Fee
|Mode of exam||Fee|
|PBT and CBT||3100 INR|
Application fee varied from one mode of test to another. You may even choose both test modes!
Keep the following documents/certificates/things ready while filling the application form –
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- BPL certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned documents
Keeping the above mentioned things/documents ready will simplify the application process. For example, by keeping your mobile phone next to you, it will be easy to obtain, check and enter the OTP code!
Guidelines for scanned documents
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to upload the following scanned images –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest colored passport size photograph. Photograph must not be more than 6 months old.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
- Sign using black or blue inked pen only.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.