This post will be of help to 12th pass students as well as graduates hailing from Jharkhand. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best law colleges in Jharkhand.
Government and private – I’ve covered both types of colleges in this post. The main aim of this post is to educate and inform you about the present status of law education in the state. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college!
In this post, you will find the names of popular law colleges in Jharkhand, India. Apart from the names of institutes, I’ve also covered additional information such as – list of law courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and more.
Colleges mentioned in this post are known to offer different types of law courses. Some of these courses can be pursued after completing 12th standard. Some other courses can be pursued after completing graduation.
In short, candidates hailing from different walks of academic life will benefit from this post. This guide caters to the needs of 12th pass students, graduates and law degree holders!
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of law colleges in Jharkhand 2020
Here are some of the popular law colleges in Jharkhand –
- Ranchi University, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- National Institute of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Kolhan University, Chaibasa, Jharkhand
- Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand
- Ranchi College, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- SKM University, Dumka, Jharkhand
- Deoghar College, Deoghar, Jharkhand
- St Xavier’s College, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Chotanagpur Law College, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- ICFAI University, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Amity University, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Jamshedpur Women’s College, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- Coxtan Administrative and Management College, Dhanbad, Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Vidhi Mahavidyalaya, Kodarma, Jharkhand
In order to secure admission into any of the college listed above, one must crack relevant law entrance exam. These exams are being carried out each year to facilitate merit based admission process.
Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving applicants on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam. Some colleges are also known to carry out donation based admission process.
It is not uncommon to see candidates apply for LL.B. admission in large numbers! Candidates who perform well in relevant law entrance exam manage to bag Govt seats and seats belonging to premier law colleges.
Skilled lawyers are in huge demand these days. They are usually hired by law firms/agencies/consultancies. They are also hired by the legal wing of MNCs, corporate firms and business firms. Lawyers are also hired by relevant Government agencies and departments.
The profile of a law graduate’s job depends upon his/her academic qualifications too! For example, law professionals who have completed Master’s Degree in law may don the role of a lecturer at relevant institutes.