Do you want to become a lawyer? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best law colleges in Gujarat. Government, aided and private – I’ve covered all three types of institutes here.
In this post, you will find the names of best law schools in Gujarat. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find relevant details such as – law courses, duration, eligibility and admission process.
The main aim of this post is to educate and inform you about the condition of law education in Gujarat. Colleges, courses, admission process – you will find everything you need in this guide. Both students and parents may use this guide to simplify the admission process.
Why is it so important to choose the best college? The college you choose will have a lasting impact on your career. For example – students passing out from premier law colleges and Universities in India enjoy benefits such as – placement assistance, tutelage under best faculty and good placement packages!
How to choose the best college, you may ask. A good college can be identified by looking at factors such as – infrastructure, quality of faculty, recognition status, rating and reputation, reviews of existing and past students. If a college ticks most of the above mentioned parameters, it has to be a good college!
Before heading to the meat of the matter – list of law colleges in Gujarat – let us check out the basic details about this profession. What’s this profession like? What it is like to become a lawyer? What are the main tasks performed by a lawyer? You will find answers to these questions in the next section –
Lawyer: The Profession
In simple terms, a lawyer is a person who practices law. He/she may don roles such as – advocate, attorney, counselor, solicitor, judge etc.
In order to thrive in this profession, you must possess qualities such as –
- Good communication skills
- Strong personality
- Eye for detail
- Observational skills
- Knowledge about legal system and law
Here are some of the pros associated with this profession –
- It is well rewarding (financially)
- This profession offers the chance to help others
- Skilled lawyers earn respect and recognition in the society
- Ample amount of job opportunities available
Let us check out the list of prominent law courses now. Here are some of the popular law courses available in India –
Based on academic level, law courses can be classified into the following levels –
- Doctoral Degree
UG stands for undergraduate level. PG stands for postgraduate level. Doctoral Degree programs are research oriented academic programs.
Let us take a closer look at the course details. Here they are –
Integrated law courses: These are undergraduate level academic programs. Students who have passed 12th class are eligible to apply for admission. BA LL.B., BBA LL.B., BSW LL.B. – these are examples of integrated law courses.
LL.B.: It stands for Bachelor of Law. It is a Master’s Degree course. Students who have completed Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to pursue this course.
LL.M.: It stands for Master of Law. Candidates who have completed LL.B. or Integrated law course are eligible to pursue this course. LL.M. course can help you specialize in different disciplines within the domain of law.
M.Phil. and PhD: These are Doctoral Degree programs. They are research oriented programs. Candidates who have completed LL.M. are eligible to pursue this course.
In Gujarat, there exists three main types of law colleges. Here’s everything you need to know about them –
Types of law colleges
There exists three main types of law colleges in Gujarat –
- Government law colleges
- Private law colleges
- Aided law colleges
Government law colleges are managed and funded by the state Government. The Government takes care of aspects such as funding, administration, recruitment and admission.
Private law colleges are also known as self financing colleges. They are managed and funded by private charitable trusts and organizations. Aided colleges are private institutes. But they receive partial funding and support from the Government.
Let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of law colleges in Gujarat 2019
Here are some of the popular law colleges in Gujarat –
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Raksha Shakti University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- MN Law College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- IMN Law College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- DT Law College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Sir LA Shah Law College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- GLS Law College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- LJ School of Law, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Khyati Institute of Integrated Law, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Rai University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Shree PM Patel College of Human Rights and Law, Anand, Gujarat
- RN Patel Ipcowala School of Law and Justice, Anand, Gujarat
- Anand Law College, Anand, Gujarat
- Mahamandleshwar Shri Krishnandji Law College, Bharuch, Gujarat
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Siddharth Law College, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- SVB Institute of Law, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Samarpan School of Law, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Unitedworld School of Law, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Ananya Institute of Commerce and Law, Kalol, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Tolani Institute of Law, Gandhidham, Kutch, Gujarat
- Law College, Godhra, Gujarat
- Shri GG University, Godhra, Gujarat
- BKNM University, Khadia, Junagadh, Gujarat
- JJCET Law College, Junagadh, Gujarat
- AR Bhatt College, Junagadh, Gujarat
- Vinayaka College of Law and Justice, Nadiad, Gujarat
- Dinshaw Daboo Law College, Navsari, Gujarat
- HNGU, Patan, Gujarat
- SMN Law College, Patan, Gujarat
- BKMB Law College, Palanpur, Gujarat
- Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat
- AMP Government Law College, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Marwadi University, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Shree HN Shukla College of Legal Studies, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Harivandana College, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Smt RD Gardi College, Rajkot, Gujarat
- SV Patel Law College, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Auro University, Surat, Gujarat
- VTC Sarvajanik College of Law, Surat, Gujarat
- Sheth VS Law College, Unjha, Gujarat
- SKM Law College, Valsad, Gujarat
- MSU, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Navrachna University, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Parul Institute of Law, Vadodara, Gujarat
Let us check out the admission process now. Here’s everything you need to know –
In order to secure admission into the above mentioned colleges, you must take part in merit based admission process. Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of merit marks scored by them in relevant entrance exam.