KVPY stands for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana. This examination is conducted by the IISc, Bengaluru. Do you want to register for this test? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of KVPY 2021 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – KVPY application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about KVPY application process.
Through KVPY examination, scholarships are awarded to deserving candidates. Candidates hailing from different walks of academic life – those who have completed 10th class, 12th class or even Bachelor’s Degree – are eligible to bag rewarding scholarships after cracking this test!
Come, let us take a closer look at KVPY application process-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
As discussed before, KVPY is a national level competitive examination. Each year, hundreds of thousands of candidates across India are known to register for this test. Broadly speaking, this test can be classified into three streams – SA (for 10th passed candidates), SX (for 12th passed candidates) and SB (for Bachelor’s Degree holders).
This examination is conducted by the IISc, Bengaluru. The main aim of this test is to find meritorious students (from science background) and reward them with scholarships. Directly and indirectly, this test is aimed at developing passion for science and R&D among Indian students!
After going through this post, readers will find answers to these questions – How to register for KVPY? How to fill up KVPY application form? How to correct KVPY application form? How to prepare for KVPY? And other questions.
|Online application process will start on||1st/2nd week of July, 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||1st/2nd week of September, 2021|
|Admit card will be issued on||2nd week of October, 2021|
What’s KVPY registration process like, some of you may ask. Come, let us take a closer look at the process –
KVPY 2021 Application Process
The entire application process consists of the following important stages –
- Registration process
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Let us take a closer look at each stage. First of all, let us check out the registration process –
KVPY 2021 Registration Process
- Visit the official website of KVPY (kvpy.iisc.ernet.in).
- On the website, you will be able to find ‘KVPY 2021 application form’. Click on it.
- Go through the set of instructions and disclaimer. Click on the box next to disclaimer and accept it.
- A candidate login window will appear.
- If you have not registered before, click on ‘click here for registration’ button.
- Fill up the registration form by entering the following details – Name of the candidate, date of birth, present class, academic stream, mobile number, email id and nationality.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on the ‘I agree’ tab or button.
- Click on the ‘register’ button.
- A popup will appear. Click in ‘ok’ button to proceed.
- A success message will be displayed on screen.
- A candidate will receive his/her login credentials via email and SMS.
- Check your registered email/SMS and obtain your login credentials.
Registration process is complete. You may now login and proceed to form-filling process.
KVPY 2021 Application Form
After completing registration process, a candidate will obtain his/her login credentials via SMS/E-Mail. Sign in with your credentials and access your application form. Let us check out the steps involved in this process –
Steps to fill KVPY application form
- Access the login page.
- Enter your credentials and login.
- Access KVPY dashboard and click on ‘go to dashboard’ link or option (on upper-right side).
- Access the application form and enter the following details – personal details, gender, category, PwD status etc.
- Enter your address.
- Enter your contact details.
- Click on ‘save and next’ button.
- Enter academic details.
- Click on ‘save and next’ button.
- Enter your preferences – choice of language of the test and choice of test center.
- Upload documents (candidate’s passport size photograph and signature).
- Check the payment details.
- Enter the captcha code and preview your application form.
- Click on ‘I agree’ tab or button.
- Click on ‘submit’ button and submit your application form.
- Choose preferred mode of payment and click on ‘make payment’ button.
- Success message will be displayed on screen. You may note down the transaction id for further use/reference.
- Download the application form, take its printout for further use/reference.
- Personal details: Name of the candidate, date of birth, nationality, gender, category, PwD status etc.
- Academic details: Present class, academic stream, year of joining class, name and address of school/college etc.
- Address: Address of residence, city, district, state and pin-code.
- Contact details: Mobile number, email id and telephone number (optional).
- Preferences: Choice of test center and choice of language of the paper.
- Documents: Scanned images of your passport size photograph and signature specimen.
KVPY 2021 Application Fee
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Scanned documents
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Credit/debit card for paying application fee
Keeping the above mentioned things/documents ready will simplify the application process.
Guidelines for scanned images
While filling up the application form, a candidate is supposed to upload the following documents –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s signature specimen
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest passport size photograph.
- Don’t wear cap/mask/sun-glass/dark glass while getting the photograph clicked.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
- Sign using black or blue inked pen only.
Let us check out whether you are eligible to apply for KVPY or not –
KVPY 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates having Indian nationality are the ones who are eligible to apply for the exam.
- For the SA streams, the students who have appeared in 11th standards having science subjects must have secured 75% marks while for SC, PwD, and ST the minimum marks to be secured by them are about 65% in science and mathematics in 10th standard.
- For SX stream the candidates enrolled in 10+2 or any equivalent exam should have scored about 75% if he belongs to a general category and about 65% are fixed for PwD/SC/ST, in various science subjects.
- For SB stream the candidates studying in the first year of UG courses and have opted for science subjects must have scored at least 60% marks or 50% for ST/SC/PWD in 10+2 exam.
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.