Finally, I’ve completed the series of posts related to Indian Coast Guard’s Officer Entry recruitment. Over the past few days, I have been continuously publishing guides that dealt with various branches within the Indian Coast Guard and the eligibility criteria one has to satisfy to apply for a job in those branches. In those posts, I covered details like- basic job post details, eligibility criteria one has to satisfy such as- age limit, educational qualifications required and medical standards. The aim of this post is to act like a bridge. This article will act like a source that will lead you to those different guides dealing with Indian Coast Guard’s various Officer Entry posts.
Before providing links to the useful articles, let us check out some facts about Indian Coast Guard. Here we go-
Some facts about Indian Coast Guard
- Indian Coast Guard was Officially established on 18 August 1978.
- Coast Guard Headquarters is located at New Delhi. It is the main center of command.
- It also has 5 strategic Regional Headquarters- North-West (Gandhinagar), West (Mumbai), Andaman & Nicobar, East (Chennai), North-East (Kolkata).
- Indian Coast Guard’s main functions includes- ensuring coastal area security, guarding structures and assets present in sea, assist fishermen in trouble, Enforce Maritime Zones of India Act and assist Customs Department.
- Indian Coast Guard has number of vessels as well as Aircraft under its arms, such as- Patrol boats, Offshore patrol boats, Hovercrafts, Helicopters and Patrol Aircraft.
Join Indian Coast Guard- all guides-
Click on the below links to read each guide-
All the above mentioned posts belong to the ‘Officer’ category. The pay scale in case of Assistant Commandant’s post is- 15,600 to 39,100 Rupees, with Grade Pay of 5,400 Rupees. Application process is entirely online. Interested candidates may visit the site- joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and apply online. Call up for further selection procedures will be made. Candidates who have scored more marks in Graduation program will be given preference. They will be called to any of the following centers (selection of centers has to be made while filling application form online)- Mumbai/Chennai/Kolkata/Noida. Selected candidates may later rise through the ranks of- Deputy Commandant, Commandant and so on.