Are you all set to crack JEE Main in 2021? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of JEE Main exam. In this post, readers will find the following details – important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, syllabus, pattern, fees, result and more.
Article Overview and Contents
- JEE Main 2021: Basic Details
- JEE Main 2021 application form
- Paying application fee while registering
- Last chance to fill up forms & registration
- What about JEE Main 2021 cut off marks?
- JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
- JEE Main eligibility criteria
- JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
- Subjects to be prepared
- JEE Main 2021 admit cards
- JEE Main 2021 Prep
- How to check JEE Main 2021 result?
- Preparation of rank list
- JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
- How to challenge answer keys?
- Counselling procedure
- Frequently asked questions
Are you an engineering aspirant? If yes, then you must be in the search of an exam that might give you admission in the top engineering institutes. Suppose you want to get into NIT or IIT then it is quite crucial for you to sit for JEE Main otherwise your chances of becoming an engineer will be at risk. Most of you have heard about Joint Entrance exam and every year students appear for it. If you want to appear in this exam then you can get all the details regarding JEE main form this article.
Once a student successfully appears in the JEE main that they can sit for the JEE advanced. So, you have got an idea that passing this exam is so important for fulfilling your dream as an engineer.
In case the students who are going to appear for JEE main can have a look at the eligibility criteria, syllabus, important dates and other significant details that are required for giving this exam.
JEE Main 2021: Basic Details
The joint entrance exam is mainly conducted for taking admission in top IIT and NIT institutes. It is organised very year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This exam is comprised of two levels one is called JEE main and the other is JEE advanced. Multiple choice types of questions will be given to the students.
There are two papers prepared by NTA and the first paper is meant for the students who are aspiring for B.Tech or B.E courses while the second paper is for the B.Planning and B.Arch courses. One of the prime differences between first and second paper is that the first paper is organised in both offline as well as online mode. However the second paper is arranged only via offline mode.
If you ask about the percentage required for JEE main then the answer is there is no such prescribed percentage. Nonetheless candidates have to score about 75% marks for getting admission in CFTIs, NITs and IITs. There was a time when students used to resort to self-study for preparing for this exam but nowadays coaching centres have come into the fore. But it is better to join the test series that are conducted by JEE. This might allow you to understand the question patterns of the exam.
JEE Main 2021 application form
The first step towards JEE main is to fill up the application form. Students can get the form on the website but an applicant is required to be careful while filling up the form. A large number of processes are involved in this application forms and theses include filling up of details, uploading photos, mobile verification, Aadhaar verification and other needful documents.
It is always recommended that candidates should not hurry instead take adequate time for filling up their forms. Any mistake in the form will result in cancellation of your applications. In order to remove all the complexities that are associated with form fill up have been specified in this section of the article.
It can be said that the JEE Main application forms have three stages and it has been discussed below –
- Filling up form of JEE for the year 2021
- Uploading scanned photos
- Pay application fee
How to fill the application form
Here is list of instruction that needs to be followed by an applicant for successfully completing the filling up procedure –
- Prior to filling up procedure the candidates have to keep the scanned signatures as well as photographs along with the signatures of their parents ready.
- The aspirants are required to upload the certificates of 10th and 12th. It is to be noted that the candidate who have passed their 10+2 in the year 2019 and 2020 can only apply.
- One need to ensure whether their debit and credit cards have enough cash or not.
- Keep Aadhaar cards beforehand as it is essential for uploading it with the form.
Steps for filling forms
Have a look at the steps that are involved while filling up the forms –
- Go to the official website of JEE.
- Click on the button apply for JEE main.
- You will find an instruction page. You need to read all the instruction carefully before proceeding towards the filling up process.
- Then click on the tab that shows “proceed apply online”.
- You will find form on the page.
- Fill up the relevant details.
- Click on submit.
Paying application fee while registering
Are you confused regarding the way to pay your application fee? If yes, then you can get the details mentioned below –
- In order to pay the application with the help of e-challan then you can select banks like ICICI, Syndicate or Canara Bank.
- After filing o the form you will get an e-challan receipt and you have to fill up the given details.
- For paying the fee you need to take the e-challan to the nearest bank.
- Once your payment is confirmed then you can download the acknowledgment page.
- If you are unable to get any confirmation then you have to ask your bank for updating transaction.
Last chance to fill up forms & registration
If any of the candidates has filled up incorrect detail then they can opt for corrections forms. The applicants get one last chance to make amendments in the forms. If you are JEE main aspirant then pay a close attention to the following –
- The correction forms will be published on the official website and students need to keep a track on it.
- All the amendments in the form will only be conducted through online medium.
- Applicants can only change the details that are incorrect and not the exam mode from CBT to PBT.
What about JEE Main 2021 cut off marks?
Cut off marks is like a green signal that indicates towards the fact that a student can get an opportunity to get admission in the top engineering colleges and fulfil their dream of becoming an engineer. Generally the cut off mark is generated on the website alongside publication of results.
Cut off marks can be defined as the minimum marks that needs to be obtained by a candidate to become eligible for successfully appearing for the JEE main exam. If you ask about the criteria then there are no such strict criteria. Nonetheless, it is mainly based upon the total number of students who have appeared for the exam and also on the availability of seats.
Those who want to know about the range in cut off marks can check out previous year’s cut off marks based on category. It can give you an idea about the score that you need to obtain in the exam.
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
The students who are an aspirant of JEE Main are required to memorize some important dates like issuing of admit cards, form fill up date, result date, date of exam and other such details regarding the examination. In order to gain adequate information regarding the significant dates of the JEE Main have been given below for your guidance.
For the examination in April 2021 –
|Issuing of application form||February-2nd week|
|Availability of JEE mock test questions||February|
|Date of exam||April 7th to 21st|
|Availability of correction forms||February|
|Last for submitting application||February|
For examination of January 2021 –
|Exam date||January 6th to 20th, 2021|
|Availability of application forms||September 1, 2020|
|Mock test||September 2020|
|Application submission(last date)||September, 2020|
|Rectifying uploaded images||September 2020|
|Result||February 1st week, 2021|
JEE Main eligibility criteria
Those who want to appear for the JEE Main might be in the lookout for the criteria that can allow them to sit for the exam. If you have limited knowledge regarding the qualifying specification then you can get an idea in this section.
In order to qualify for this exam the candidate needs to pass their 10+2 exam with a subject combination of pcm or pcb subjects. The candidate who have appeared for their 12th exam in between the years 2019-2021 are eligible for JEE main. In fact students who have are appearing for the 12th boards in the next year can also sit for this exam. If you are a diploma holder then you can take admission only in IITs. Those candidates can only appear for the advanced level.
One needs to ensure that they have to score 75% marks (if general) and 65% (if SC/ST) in their 12th board for getting admission in the CFITs or IITs or NITs.
The candidates who were born after or on 1.10.1996 are capable of applying for JEE main. Nevertheless, if you are an SC/ST candidate then you can get a relaxation of 5 years more than the expected age. One thing to be noted that age will only be calculated on the basis of the birth year as provided on the admit card of 10th or 12th.
Number of attempts:
A candidate can make about three attempts for qualifying for JEE main. The limitation in regards to total number of attempts is same for all the caste categories.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
This might be your question because in order to successfully appear for JEE Main, one needs to know the syllabus. The syllabus for this examination is decided by the NTA. Candidates often get confused regarding their exact syllabus as so many sites are available for giving information regarding JEE. So, it is better to look at the official website of JEE for any enquiry regarding syllabus. However, this section of the article can be useful for you to know the syllabus.
Generally, the syllabus is based on the topics that were covered in the 10+2. The candidates will get questions based on subjects like Chemistry, Mathematics, Biotechnology and others. Students have to remember that their preparation should be in the right track otherwise they may end up in disqualifying for the exam.
This section of the article has specified syllabus for each of papers –
Paper 1 –
- Physics: Laws of motion, Electromagnetic induction, optics, kinetic theory of the gases, properties of liquid and solid, waves and oscillations etc.
- Chemistry: general concepts associated with chemistry, equilibrium, molecular structure, atomic structure, chemical kinetics, chemical thermodynamics etc.
- Mathematics: Binomial theorem, vector algebra, trigonometry, mathematical reasoning, quadric equation, permutations, probability, series, statistics etc.
Paper 2 –
- 1st part: Analytical reasoning, awareness of places or persons, materials, visualizing, mental ability etc.
- 2nd part: Transformation of 3D and 2D forms, dimensional compositions, different components, colour texture, contrasts of building etc.
Subjects to be prepared
If you are preparing for the JEE main exams then you must be wondering about the subjects that are to be covered. There are no difficult subjects covered in this exam rather subjects are based on the CBSE or ICSE syllabus of 11th and 12th. The subjects that are included in the syllabus of JEE main include Chemistry, Mathematics, and Drawing etc. It will mainly depend on the syllabus that you have opted for, in your 10+2 exams.
It is always recommended to prepare your subjects as per the syllabus prescribed by the N.C.E.R.T. However, if you want to choose architectural courses then you need to prepare subjects like drawing, mathematics and aptitude.
The NCERT books can help the students to build their strong base in different pcb or pcm subjects. The fundamentals need to be strengthened for successfully appearing for this exam. A candidate’s chance of scoring high marks is solely dependent on the methods that they adopt for preparing for each of the subjects.
JEE Main 2021 admit cards
Now, admit cards are quite an essential document for appearing for this exam. After successfully filling up the application forms the next step is to obtain admit cards. In case a candidate is unable to pay the fees then you cannot get the admit card.
The applicants are required to collect their admit card from the official website of JEE Main. In order to obtain the admit cards, it is recommended to keep a track on the website of JEE. It is regarded as the most crucial document because without it students cannot enter the examination hall. Admit cards will be uploaded on the website as per the schedules fixed by the authorities. The admit card for the year will be uploaded on the website during the month of March.
Once you obtain the admit card, it is to be checked thoroughly for details like center name, candidate’s name, gender, paper number and date of birth. In case the candidates find that any of the detail in the admit card is incorrect then they can report it to the authorities.
JEE Main 2021 Prep
All the JEE aspirants might be thinking about the appropriate way to prepare for this exam. Most of the students ask this section that which is the best way to score good marks? The answer is perhaps there are no such strict rule books that can give you a guideline for scoring good marks. There are a number of tips that a students can follow for scoring good scores. Here is a list of tips that a JEE aspirant can keep in mind while preparing for the exam.
- At first go through the syllabus which is prescribed by the JEE and know the exam pattern.
- Students can solve the previous year questions for getting a clear understanding about the question patterns and prepare study plan accordingly.
- Candidates can refer to books that are assigned by the JEE. One can also look for study materials that are available on internet.
- It is better to note down the difficult topics and try to discuss them with the experts or the tutors.
- Students need to take mock tests for analysing their performances and it might also help one to gain knowledge regarding the exam patterns.
How to check JEE Main 2021 result?
It is one of the most awaited things in the life of a JEE Main candidate. The results are published usually within a month of the exam. If you have any doubt regarding the results date or the way to obtain it then have a look at the below mentioned details carefully.
- The result for JEE main will be published on the website in February 2021.
- The marks that will be reflected on the result will be decided on the basis of all India category rank as well as all India rank.
- Candidates have to download the mark sheet for the website as the authorities will not going to distribute it to the candidates individually via post.
Preparation of rank list
A distinct rank is given to each of the successful candidates based on the total scores that he/she has obtained in the JEE Main.
- The rank list will be published in a separate manner for paper 1 and paper 2.
- Ranks matters as admission will be given to the candidates on the basis of the ranks.
- In case two candidates obtain same ranking then tie breaking method is adopted.
JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
Answer keys are an essential thing as it allows the students to find out the correct answers. A student is able to know that how many correct answers he/she has attempted. Answer keys are mainly released by the NTA. The answer contains the list of all the questions along with their answers that were asked in the examination. Students can match their answers with that of answer key.
All the JEE aspirants comes under pressure after giving their exams and they think about whether they have selected the correct options or not. The release of the answer key is meant to relieve the tension of the students. They can evaluate their marks even much before the announcement of the results.
How to challenge answer keys?
If the candidates are not satisfied regarding the answers that have been provided in the answer key list then they can challenge it. However, candidates cannot challenge the answer key by calling the authorities or sending an email to them. There are certain procedures associated with the challenging of answer key. Suppose you are not satisfied with any of the answers then you need to first fill up a form that will cost about 1000 rupees.
The fee can be submitted with the help of Paytm or debit cards. All the decision regarding the answer key will be decided by the NTA. For the exams that will be conducted during the month of April and January, students can challenge the answer keys in the respective months.
Information regarding counselling of JEE Main will be issued by the authorities just after the announcement of the results. The counselling will be conducted separately for the all India ranks and for the state counselling. You can get a clear understanding about the counselling procedures for JEE main have been enlisted below –
- For the year 2021 the counselling will begin from June onwards.
- Registration is mandatory for appearing for the counselling.
- Candidates need to fill up the choices of colleges before participating in the counselling process.
- After counselling the candidates are required to download the seat allotment letter.
- The counselling is arranged by CSAB as well as JoSAA and it is conducted in a number of rounds.
Frequently asked questions
Q1) I am NIOS, so am I eligible for JEE main?
Ans. Yes, you can apply.
Q2) can I correct the form in case I make any mistake?
Ans. You have to fill up a correction form which will be published in the month of September.
Q3) what are the documents that a candidate will need if he/she belongs from Assam?
Ans. They have to apply via ration card number, bank account number or any other identity number.
Q4) is it important to appear in both the papers?
Ans. If you are opting for engineering course then you have to appear for paper 1 and the architectural aspirants need to appear in paper 2. So, a candidate does not need to appear in both the papers.
Q5) I am a NRI and do not have Aadhaar card so which document can I provide in place of Aadhaar card?
Ans. You can give your passport details.
Q6) shall my application be rejected as I have not mentioned my name in the photos?
Ans. No, your application will not be rejected.
Q7) actually my school details are not matching with my Aadhaar details, so what will I do now?
Ans. You have to provide a correction request to the authorities for the Aadhaar card. You have to apply for the exam with 14 digit Aadhaar number.
Hence, it can be said that all the candidates who are appearing for the JEE Main have got enough details regarding the examination. Students should not panic and concentrate on their syllabus and try to give their best.