Have you completed ITI training program? Do you want to join IOCL as an apprentice after completing ITI? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of best apprenticeship opportunities in IOCL for ITI passed candidates.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – list of best apprenticeship opportunities in IOCL, eligibility criteria, registration process and selection process. ITI passed candidates will benefit from this post. This post has been crafted keeping their needs in mind.
After completing an ITI training program, a candidate develops trade-specific skills and knowledge. An ITI provides practical training to its students. After completing ITI course/training, a candidate must go for an apprenticeship stint at relevant company/industrial unit/firm.
The main aim of an apprenticeship stint is – to help a student gain real-life industry experience and knowledge. Being an apprentice, he/she will learn trade-specific skills. It will help a candidate develop his/her skill-set.
Why choose IOCL? Why become an apprentice at IOCL, some of you may ask. IOCL is a Government enterprise that is involved in oil and natural gas sector. It is involved in activities such as – refining, transportation, marketing, exploration and production of crude oil, natural gas and petrochemicals. It is one of the most profitable Government owned companies in India.
Apprenticeship in IOCL will help you gain a wealth of knowledge. You will be able to test and develop your skill-set while working in this company! You may also check – IOCL jobs after diploma & IOCL apprenticeship for diploma holders.
Let us check out the list of apprenticeship opportunities now. Here it is –
IOCL apprenticeship after ITI
1 Trade apprentice – Fitter
Educational qualification required: Completed regular ITI training course in the trade of fitter, recognized by the NCVT/SCVT. Minimum qualifying marks required is – passing marks.
2 Trade apprentice – Electrician
Educational qualification required: Completed regular ITI training course in the trade of electrician, recognized by the NCVT/SCVT. Minimum qualifying marks required is – passing marks.
3 Trade apprentice – Electronics Mechanic
Educational qualification required: Completed regular ITI training course in the trade of electronics mechanic, recognized by the NCVT/SCVT. Minimum qualifying marks required is – passing marks.
4 Trade Apprentice – Instrument Mechanic
Educational qualification required: Completed regular ITI training course in the trade of instrument mechanic, recognized by the NCVT/SCVT. Minimum qualifying marks required is – passing marks.
5 Trade Apprentice – Machinist
Educational qualification required: Completed regular ITI training course in the trade of machinist, recognized by the NCVT/SCVT. Minimum qualifying marks required is – passing marks.
How to apply?
How to apply/register for IOCL apprenticeship program, some of you may ask. Follow these steps to register/apply –
- Visit the official website of IOCL.
- Go to careers section and click on apprenticeship link/tab.
- Click on technical and non-technical apprenticeship link/tab.
- Fill up the application form by entering the following details – email address, contact number, personal details, academic details, address etc.
- Upload scanned copies of relevant documents such as – passport size photograph of the candidate, candidate’s signature specimen, academic certificates etc.
- Submit the application form.
- Take printout of the filled application form for further use/reference.
- You will receive an email containing the link to download admit card.
- Download the admit card.
Scanned documents required
While filling up the application form, candidates are required to upload self-attested scanned copies of the following documents –
- Academic certificate (10th board) as proof of date of birth).
- ITI certificate.
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Signature specimen of the candidate.
- Latest colored passport size photograph of the candidate.
- A valid email id (for application process).
- A valid mobile number (for application process).
- Candidate should have a PAN card.
- Candidate should have an Aadhar card.
- Candidate should have a bank account and cheque book with his/her name printed on it.
Eligible candidates are invited to undergo a written test. After applying for apprenticeship, a candidate will receive link to download the admit card (for written test). A candidate may download the admit card from official website of IOCL and appear for the written test.
For trade apprentice posts, the written test consists of the following subjects –
- Discipline-wise technical questions
- General and quantitative aptitude questions
- English language
|General and quantitative aptitude||20|
A candidate must score at least 40% marks in the written test for further consideration. Qualifying marks required is 35% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Shortlisted candidates must also pass a medical test. A pre-engagement medical test is carried out to ensure that a candidate meets the physical and medical standards specified in the Apprentice Act. Candidates declared fit will be selected for apprenticeship program.