Do you want to become an Engineer in Indian Navy after completing 10+2? If yes, Indian Navy’s 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry Scheme will help you out. Students who are in/have completed 10+2 Science stream with Mathematics subject are eligible to make use of this entry and join the Indian Navy! After clearing the required exam, one will be commissioned as a Permanent Commissioned Officer in the Naval Force! In this article, you will be reading details about this Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry Scheme. Details covered are- age limit, eligibility criteria, educational qualifications required, application process, useful websites, selection process and advantages of joining the Indian Navy. Read the article, get all necessary information and apply now!
Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry Scheme: Overview
- Name of Organization- Indian Navy
- Type of entry- Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry
- Gender- Only male candidates can apply
- Nationality- Indian
- Marital Status- Unmarried
- Job post type- Commissioned Officer (Permanent Commission)
- Training at- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala (training starts on June 2016)
- Mode of applying- Online (joinindiannavy.gov.in website)
- Last date to apply online (latest update)- 02/01/2016
In the first section, you will be reading about age limit details. The second section covers educational qualification details. In the third section, I’ve mentioned the Physical and Medical standards set by the Indian Navy for Cadets. In the fourth section, you will find more details about the job post and type of commission. In the fifth section, you will be reading about ‘How to apply’, the application process. In the final section, I’ll mention some advantages of joining the Indian Navy.
How to become an Engineer in Indian Navy after 10+2?
The candidate must be between 17- 19.5 years of age at the time when the course starts at Indian Naval Academy. So, at the time when a candidate joins Indian Naval Academy after selection, his age should be well within the lower and upper limits mentioned above.
Students who have passed 10+2 Board examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are eligible to make use of this 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry Scheme. A candidate must have scored at least 70% marks in 12th board examination and at least 50% marks in standard 10th/12th board English subject examination.
Physical and Medical Standards
Minimum height required is 157 cm. Weight of the candidate should be in proportion to his height. Acceptable eyesight requirement (unaided) is 6/6, 6/9. And eyesight (corrected) should be 6/6, 6/6.
Job post details
After selection and successful completion of training (which starts in 2016), cadets will be inducted in the Engineering or Naval Architecture section of Indian Navy as Engineering Officers. They will be inducted as Permanent Commissioned Officers.
How to apply?
- The first step is to fill an e-application online. This can be done by visiting the website- www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- After opening the above mentioned site, candidate has to fill up the e-application form. You will be able to find this online application form under- Apply Online> Officer Entry section the site.
- The form has fields, which have to be filled up with correct information. Candidate will have to provide personal details, educational qualifications related details, mobile number, e mail address etc. Make sure that you provide the correct details.
- Candidate will also have to upload passport size photo and signature specimen (size less than 25 KB). Uploading jpg format specimen will be better!
- After filling up the application and uploading photo & signature specimen, candidate may check the preview of the e-application and make sure that all the details have been entered correctly.
- Candidates may then save the online application form and take its print copies. On doing this, candidate will be give the application number, which the system generates. If you don’t get application number, your online form has not been accepted yet. Note that after saving the form, no more changes or corrections can be made to the form!
- Take two printouts of the online form.
- One copy of the e-application has to be self attested by the candidate. Along with self attested copies of latest passport size photo, self attested copies of 10th and 12th standard certificate/mark sheet, candidate has to send this self attested e-application form to the following address by Ordinary Post-
Post Bag No. 04
New Delhi- 110 011
Note that it has to be sent by Ordinary Post only, not through Speed Post, Parcel Service or Courier Service!
Write this on the cover of the application- Online Application Number_______ Application for 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry Scheme Course year (June 2016 in this case)___Qualification PCM Percentage_____%.
- Candidates are shortlisted and called for SSB (Services Selection Board) Interview based on the marks scored by them in 10+2 PCM subjects’ exams.
- SSB Interview of the shortlisted candidates will be held at centers in Bhopal/Bengaluru/Coimbatore.
- On the first day of SSB Interview, tests like Intelligence Test, Picture Perception Test and Group Discussion round will be held. Candidates who manage to clear this round are then supposed to stay at SSB Center for 5 more days and go through a series of Physical Tests, Psychological Tests, Group Task, Interview etc. Those who score minimum qualifying marks in each test are recommended by SSB Staff. They are then subjected to medical and physical examination. A candidate will also have to pass this medical test.
- Finally, a merit list will be made, combining marks scored in various stages of SSB Interview and Medical test. Students who make it to the top of this merit list are selected for training at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala.
Advantages of joining Indian Navy through 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech.) Entry Scheme
Selected candidates will be taught B.Tech. Electronics and Communications/Mechanical Engineering at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala (June 2016 course). The cost of this education and books is borne by the Navy! On completion of the course, candidate will be awarded Engineering Degree from JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University).
Other advantages included handsome salary package after induction, added bonuses, perks and allowances, allocation of leaves and holidays, Gratuity, Group Insurance etc.