Are you interested in Indian Army Tradesman recruitment? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve provided vital details about Tradesman recruitment for the term 2020. This guide covers topics such as – dates, eligibility, vacancy, application and selection process.
If you want to become a Tradesman in the Indian Army, you must apply for Indian Army’s Soldier recruitment program. Indian Army conducts Open Rally and Soldier recruitment drives to fill up Tradesman vacancies.
8th, 10th and ITI passed students are eligible to apply for this post. The job post called ‘Tradesman’ falls under the Soldier recruitment category. There are many sub-posts within Soldier Tradesman post! Let us check them out –
Soldier Tradesman: Duties and Nature of Work
There are numerous sub-posts within Soldier Tradesman post. Notable ones are –
- Hair dresser
- Store hand
- Animal store holder
- Artisan (wood)
- Artisan (painter)
- Artisan (metallurgy)
- Artisan (Tailor)
- Artisan (Musician)
- Equipment repairer
- Kennel man
- Washer man
- Mess keeper
- House keeper
As you can see, each of the sub-post mentioned above is associated with a certain ‘skill-set’. Through Soldier Tradesman recruitment, Indian Army is looking to recruit skilled soldiers, who can perform day-to-day tasks in an Army unit.
For example, an Army unit houses vehicles, equipment, houses, gardens, parks, canteen etc. For maintaining and operating them, the Army needs technicians, drivers, carpenters, painters, gardeners and cooks.
This is when Soldier Tradesman recruitment comes handy. Through this recruitment, skilled candidates are recruited and they are provided additional training to perform the above mentioned tasks.
If you want to become a Tradesman in the Indian Army, you must take part in Soldier recruitment process. In order to be considered eligible to the post of Soldier Tradesman, you must satisfy some basic requirements (educational, age limit, physical standards etc). Let us check them out –
Educational Qualifications Required
- For all trades (except syce, mess keeper and house keeper): 10th or ITI passed from a recognized Institute.
- For syce, mess keeper and house keeper trades: 8th passed from a recognized board.
Candidate should be between 17.5 to 23 years of age.
Candidates must satisfy the minimum measurements set for Chest, Height and Weight. The region-wise meaurement requirements are given below –
- Height: Western Himalayan Region (162 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (160 cms), Western Plains Region (162 cms), Eastern Plains Region (162 cms), Central Region (162 cms), Southern Region (166 cms).
- Chest: Western Himalayan Region (77 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (77 cms), Western Plains Region (77 cms), Eastern Plains Region (77 cms), Central Region (77 cms), Southern Region (77 cms).
- Weight: Western Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Eastern Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Western Plains Region (50 Kg), Eastern Plains Region (50 Kg), Central Region (50 Kg), Southern Region (50 Kg).
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
As I mentioned before, Indian Army conducts Open Rally and recruitment drives to fill Soldier Tradesman. If you want to take part in the recruitment process, the first step is to register for Open Rally.
Once the Rally starts and you reach the venue, your important documents will be verified. After verification, the following tests will be conducted –
- PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
- Medical Test
- CEE (Common Entrance Exam)
PFT consists of the following activities –
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull ups
- 9 feet ditch
Medical tests will be conducted to determine if the candidate is medically and physically fit or not. CEE is a written test.
On completion of the above mentioned tests, a final merit list is prepared. Marks scored by candidates in PFT, Medicals and CEE are used to create the merit list.
Also read: Indian Army Soldier recruitment
Deserving candidates, who feature in the merit list, are selected for training (depending upon the vacancy).
Indian Army conducts Open Rally across all the States and UTs across India. Details about the Open Rally schedule are published on the joinindianarmy.nic.in website as well as newspapers.