Are you interested in Indian Army Technical recruitment? If yes, this guide will be of help to you. Here, I’ve provided important details related to Soldier Technical recruitment for the term 2022. This article covers topics such as – vacancy, post details, eligibility, important dates and selection process.
If you want to become Soldier (Technical) in the Indian Army, you must take part in Indian Army’s Soldier recruitment process. Indian Army conducts Open Rally and Soldier recruitment drives to fill up such vacancies.
‘Technical’ recruitment falls under the ‘Soldier’ recruitment category. To be precise, the job post is known as Soldier (Technical).
12th passed students or Diploma holders (relevant disciplines) are eligible to apply for this post. Let us check out the main tasks performed by Soldier (Technical) recruits –
Soldier Technical: Nature of Work
The Indian Army has a large collection of vehicles, weapons and equipment, which must be regularly operated and maintained. For this task, the Army needs recruits who have sound technical knowledge. This is when Soldier (Technical) recruits come handy!
Technical recruits hail from science background and are trained in areas such as electrical, mechanical and other technical fields. They can seamlessly fit into areas such as – arms, artillery, army air defence, aviation and ammunition.
There are two categories within the Soldier (Technical) post. They are –
- Soldier Technical
- Soldier Technical (Aviation and Ammunition Examiner)
If you want to become a Soldier (Technical) in the Indian Army, you must take part in Soldier recruitment process. In order to be considered eligible to the post of Soldier (Technical), you must satisfy some basic requirements (educational, age limit, physical standards etc). Let us check them out –
Educational Qualifications Required
For Soldier Technical Post: 10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject.
For Soldier Technical (Aviation and Ammunition Examiner) Post: 10 +2 / Intermediate exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject.OR Three years Diploma in Engg (Mechanical /Electrical/ Automobiles/ Computer Science Mechanical Engg and Electronic & Instrumentation Engg) from a recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Candidate should be between 17½ to 23 years of age.
Candidates must satisfy the minimum measurements set for Chest, Height and Weight. The region-wise meaurement requirements are given below –
- Height: Western Himalayan Region (162 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (160 cms), Western Plains Region (162 cms), Eastern Plains Region (162 cms), Central Region (162 cms), Southern Region (166 cms).
- Chest: Western Himalayan Region (77 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (77 cms), Western Plains Region (77 cms), Eastern Plains Region (77 cms), Central Region (77 cms), Southern Region (77 cms).
- Weight: Western Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Eastern Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Western Plains Region (50 Kg), Eastern Plains Region (50 Kg), Central Region (50 Kg), Southern Region (50 Kg).
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
As I mentioned before, Indian Army conducts Open Rally and recruitment drives to fill Soldier (Technical) post. If you want to take part in the recruitment process, the first step is to register for Open Rally.
Also read: Indian Army Soldier recruitment
Once the Rally starts and you reach the venue, your important documents will be verified. After verification, the following tests will be conducted –
- PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
- Medical Test
- CEE (Common Entrance Exam)
PFT consists of the following activities –
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull ups
- 9 feet ditch
Medical tests will be conducted to determine if the candidate is medically and physically fit or not. CEE is a written test.
On completion of the above mentioned tests, a final merit list is prepared. Marks scored by candidates in PFT, Medicals and CEE are used to create the merit list.
Deserving candidates, who feature in the merit list, are selected for training (depending upon the vacancy).
Indian Army conducts Open Rally across all the States and UTs across India. Details about the Open Rally schedule are published on the joinindianarmy.nic.in website as well as newspapers.