Have you passed 12th standard? Do you want to join the Indian Army right after completing 12th class? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some soldier posts, which you may apply for after completing 12th standard.
Through its Soldier recruitment process, Indian Army is known to give training and jobs to 10th, 12th, Diploma and ITI passed students. There are many trades, which 10+2 passed candidates may apply for!
This article covers exactly those jobs and trades! So, if you are an 12th passed candidate looking for a stable Government job, this post could be of help to you! You may also check – NDA 2019 registration and AFMC 2019 registration.
Note: 10+2 passed candidates are also eligible for Officer entry. In this article, I’ve focused solely on Soldier entry and soldier posts. So, if you want to become an Officer after 12th, check out this guide – Indian Army Officer entry after 12th.
Jobs for 12th passed students in Indian Army
12th passed jobs in Indian Army comes under the ‘Soldier’ and ‘JCO’ category recruitment. Within the Soldier and JCO categories, many trades are available.
As I mentioned before, Indian Army is known to recruit 8th and 10th passed candidates too, in order to fill soldier vacancy. 10+2 passed candidates naturally are eligible to these trades too.
As a result, I’ve mentioned those trade too, which require lesser qualification than 10+2 passed.
List of posts
- Soldier (General Duty)
- Soldier (Technical)
- Soldier Clerk
- Soldier Nursing Assistant
- Soldier Tradesmen
- JCO (Catering)
Educational Qualifications Required
Soldier (General Duty): SSLC / Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject. No percentage considered in case candidate has passed with higher qualification ie 10+2 and above.
Soldier (Technical): 10+2/Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject.
Soldier Technical (Aviation and Ammunition Examiner): 10+2 / Intermediate exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in each subject.OR Three years Diploma in Engg (Mechanical /Electrical/ Automobiles/ Computer Science Mechanical Engg and Electronic & Instrumentation Engg) from a recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Soldier Clerk/SKT (All Arms): 10+2 / Intermediate Examination Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with 60% in aggregate and minimum 50% in each subject. Should have studied and passed English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class X or class Xll with 50% marks in each subject. In case of graduate with Maths and English as subject in BSc, the stipulation of 50% in Cl X or Cl Xll is waived off. In case of graduate without English and Maths/Accts/Book Keeping , he should have scored more than 50% in English and Maths/Accts/Book Keeping at least once in Cl X or Cl Xll.
Soldier Nursing Assistant: 10+2 / Intermediate Exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with Minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject. OR In case the candidate has a BSc Degree with (Botany / Zoology / Bio-Science) and English, the stipulation of percentage in Class-XII is waived off. However, the candidate should have studied all the four specified subjects in Class XII also.
Soldier Tradesmen (All arms except syce, mess keeper and house keeper): 10th or ITI pass.
Soldier Tradesmen (Syce, mess keeper and house keeper): 8th pass.
JCO (Catering): 10+2 or equivalent exam and Diploma / Certificate Course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized University / Food Craft Institute. AICTE recognition is not mandatory.
- Soldier (General Duty): 17½ to 21 years.
- Soldier (Technical): 17½ to 23 years.
- Soldier Technical (Aviation and Ammunition Examiner): 17½ to 23 years.
- Soldier Clerk/SKT (All Arms): 17½ to 23 years.
- Soldier Nursing Assistant: 17½ to 23 years.
- Soldier Tradesmen (All arms except syce, mess keeper and house keeper): 17½ to 23 years.
- Soldier Tradesmen (Syce, mess keeper and house keeper): 17½ to 23 years.
- JCO (Catering): 21 to 27 years.
Candidates must satisfy the minimum measurements set for Chest, Height and Weight. The region-wise meaurement requirements are given below –
- Height: Western Himalayan Region (162 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (160 cms), Western Plains Region (162 cms), Eastern Plains Region (162 cms), Central Region (162 cms), Southern Region (166 cms).
- Chest: Western Himalayan Region (77 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (77 cms), Western Plains Region (77 cms), Eastern Plains Region (77 cms), Central Region (77 cms), Southern Region (77 cms).
- Weight: Western Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Eastern Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Western Plains Region (50 Kg), Eastern Plains Region (50 Kg), Central Region (50 Kg), Southern Region (50 Kg).
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
Indian Army conducts Open Rally and recruitment drives to fill the above mentioned posts. If you want to take part in the recruitment process, the first step is to register for Open Rally.
Once the Rally starts and you reach the venue, your important documents will be verified. After verification, the following tests will be conducted –
- PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
- Medical Test
- CEE (Common Entrance Exam)
PFT consists of the following activities –
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull ups
- 9 feet ditch
Medical tests will be conducted to determine if the candidate is medically and physically fit or not. CEE is a written test.
On completion of the above mentioned tests, a final merit list is prepared. Marks scored by candidates in PFT, Medicals and CEE are used to create the merit list. Check out this post for the list of Govt jobs after 12th class.
Deserving candidates, who feature in the merit list, are selected for training (depending upon the vacancy).
Indian Army conducts Open Rally across all the States and UTs across India. Details about the Open Rally schedule are published on the joinindianarmy.nic.in website as well as newspapers.