Do you want to become a Clerk in the Indian Army? If yes, this career guide will be of help to you. Here, I’ve provided all the details about Indian Army Clerk recruitment for the term 2019. You will find details such as – vacancy, post details, eligibility, important dates and selection process.
If you want to become a Clerk in the Indian Army, you must apply for Indian Army’s Soldier recruitment program. Indian Army conducts Open Rally and Soldier recruitment drives to fill up Clerk vacancies.
12th passed students are eligible to apply for this post. If you have completed 10+2 from a recognized board, you are eligible to become a Clerk in the Indian Army! 12th pass students may also appear for NDA 2019 exam by UPSC.
The job post called ‘Clerk’ falls under the ‘Soldier’ category. To be precise, the job post is known as Soldier Clerk or Store Keeper Technical (SKT) (All Arms).
Soldier Clerk: Nature of Work
Indian Army is a very large Organization. It consists of large numbers of personnel, material resources, equipment, inventory and stores.
Even a small unit of Indian Army houses thousands of personnel, their family, equipment, stores and inventory. For a unit to function properly, the above mentioned stores, personnel and inventory must be managed efficiently!
This is where Clerks come handy! Soldier Clerks/Store Keepers (SKT) are tasked with responsibilities such as inventory, personnel and resource management.
Some of the main tasks performed by Soldier Clerks/Store Keepers (SKT) include –
- Book keeping
- Inventory management
- Personnel documentation
- Office documentation
- Other office duties
In order to perform the above mentioned tasks, Soldier Clerks or SKTs are trained in areas such as –
- Computer Application
- Book keeping
If you want to become a Clerk in the Indian Army, you must take part in Soldier recruitment process. In order to be considered eligible to the post of Soldier Clerk, you must satisfy some basic requirements (educational, age limit, physical standards etc). Let us check them out –
Educational Qualifications Required
10+2 / Intermediate Exam pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with 60% marks in aggregate and minimum 50% in each subject.Should have studied and passed English and Mathematics / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class X or Class XII with 50% marks in each subject.
Candidate should be between 17½ to 23 years of age.
Candidates must satisfy the minimum measurements set for Chest, Height and Weight. The region-wise measurement requirements are given below –
- Height: Western Himalayan Region (162 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (160 cms), Western Plains Region (162 cms), Eastern Plains Region (162 cms), Central Region (162 cms), Southern Region (166 cms).
- Chest: Western Himalayan Region (77 cms), Eastern Himalayan Region (77 cms), Western Plains Region (77 cms), Eastern Plains Region (77 cms), Central Region (77 cms), Southern Region (77 cms).
- Weight: Western Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Eastern Himalayan Region (48 Kg), Western Plains Region (50 Kg), Eastern Plains Region (50 Kg), Central Region (50 Kg), Southern Region (50 Kg).
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
As I mentioned before, Indian Army conducts Open Rally and recruitment drives to fill Soldier Clerk/SKT posts. If you want to take part in the recruitment process, the first step is to register for Open Rally.
Once the Rally starts and you reach the venue, your important documents will be verified. After verification, the following tests will be conducted –
- PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
- Medical Test
- CEE (Common Entrance Exam)
PFT consists of the following activities –
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull ups
- 9 feet ditch
Medical tests will be conducted to determine if the candidate is medically and physically fit or not. CEE is a written test.
On completion of the above mentioned tests, a final merit list is prepared. Marks scored by candidates in PFT, Medicals and CEE are used to create the merit list.
Also read: Indian Army JCO recruitment
Deserving candidates, who feature in the merit list, are selected for training (depending upon the vacancy).
Indian Army conducts Open Rally across all the States and UTs across India. Details about the Open Rally schedule are published on the joinindianarmy.nic.in website as well as newspapers.