It is time to get set for the students who are aspiring to study agriculture. The dates of the ICAR AIEEA 2021 are up. This is a yearly examination, which means it will be conducted for a single time in a year. The official name given to the examination is All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA).
Article Overview and Contents
- ICAR AIEEA 2021: Basic Details
- ICAR AIEEA 2021: Important Dates
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Application Form
- Application Fee of AIEEA UG and PG Exam
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Syllabus
- ICAR AIEEA Exam Registration Process
- Syllabus Analysis
- ICAR AIEEA Books
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Exam Pattern
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Admit Cards
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Result
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 Counseling
- How to Prepare for the ICAR AIEEA
ICAR AIEEA 2021: Basic Details
There are two variants of this examination; they are AIEEA UG and AIEEA PG. The UG examination is for the Under Graduate students and the PG exam is for the Post Graduate Students. Here, you will get the complete guidance and knowledge about the ICAR AIEEA Examination. If you crack the AIEEA examination you can become eligible for admission in the various agricultural universities all around India.
All about ICAR
ICAR is known as The Indian Council for Agriculture Research. It is having its headquarters in New Delhi. ICAR is a fully autonomous body which works under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education. It is controlled by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India. It was established on the 16 July 1929, formally having a name Imperial Council of Agricultural Research.
The sole responsibility of this organization is to coordinate, manage and guide the setups of research and education relating to agriculture, fisheries, and horticulture in the country. There are 101 ICAR institutes in the country. A number of 71 agricultural universities of the country offer courses for the studies and research relating to agriculture. With all these, ICAR is the largest agricultural system working in the world.
ICAR plays a prominent role in the development and promotion of higher education in the country which relates to agriculture. It is also engaged in the areas of science and technological development. The agricultural scientists from here also gain international acknowledgment in the fields.
Facts about this Exam
- Both the AIEEA UG and PG examination will be conducted in the offline mode. OMR will be the technique for giving these two examinations.
- Aadhaar Card is made mandatory as an ID proof of the candidate. Every candidate will need to produce their Aadhaar Cards during the time of examination.
- The AIEEA Examinations for the year 2021 are expected to commence in the month of May 2021.
- The Results of the AIEEA Examinations of both UG and PG standard are expected to be declared during the 1st week of June.
- Counseling is expected to start in the month of July 2021 by the 1st week.
ICAR AIEEA 2021: Important Dates
The important dates the candidates need to remember is given in a tabular form below. This will help the candidates to easily take a grasp and have a glance look at the dates.
|Application Forms will be available||April 2021|
|Last date for submission of theApplication Forms||Last week of April 2021|
|Last date of submission of the HardCopy of the Application Form||May, 1st Week 2021|
|e-admit cards to be released||May, 2nd Week 2021|
|AIEEA UG Exam||May, 2nd Week 2021|
|AIEEA PG Exam||May, 2nd Week 2021|
|ICAR AICE- SRF/JRF (PGS) Exam||May, 2nd Week 2021|
|Results to be Declared||June, 1st Week 2021|
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill the application forms for the AIEEA Exam PG and UG via online mode only. There is no place to fill up these forms in the offline mode. The filling up period will commence from April 2021. The tenure of filling the application forms will be up to the 4th Week of April. Apart from this the examination authority expects a hard copy of the filled up application from the students. It is to be sent up by the students within the last week of April.
The candidates willing to give the AIEEA Examination are expected to upload a photograph which is scanned and a signature which is scanned too.
It is must for a candidate to fill up the application form of AIEEA with care. There will be no extra time granted by the authority for making corrections on the correction. However, in between the period of application submission, the candidates would be able to make certain corrections in the forms.
By accessing the login window, the candidates can make corrections. As there will be no correction facility available after the last date, all students are requested to fill the application form with the utmost care. The candidates are allowed to correct certain fields like name, address, contact, exam details, course applied etc. There will be only one chance to make a correction. No second chance will be granted to the candidates for correction.
All candidates should keep in mind that admits cards of only those candidates will be issued who will provide the exact entries in the given period of time.
The guideline of the procedure for correcting the AIEEA Exam Application Forms is given below:
- The candidates who will correct the AIEEA Application Forms need to visit the official website at first.
- After reaching the official website, the candidates must visit the Application deck. There they must click on the ‘Edit Application’ button.
- The candidates can then make changes in the fields where there will be needed.
- The candidates are requested to check the application form thoroughly before submitting. After all the correction and the checks are done the students must click the ‘submit’ button. The Application form will then be submitted for the final time.
- The students then need to take the print out of the application form and preserve it with care for further needs.
Application Fee of AIEEA UG and PG Exam
The setup for the application fee for the AIEEA UG and PG exam s are given below. Net banking of Canara Bank is available; apart from this, debit/credit card use is allowed to pay the application fee. The Application fee is non-refundable. Once remitted, it cannot be restored.
Category wise classifications have been made in the application fee structure.
|Application Form||Category GEN/UPS/OBC||CategorySC/ST and PC|
|AIEEA UG||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|AIEEA PG||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 300/-|
|AICE-SRF/JRF (PGS)||Rs. 1200/-||Rs. 600/-|
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
In this segment, the eligibility criteria for the students who want to appear for the AIEEA Exam both for UG and PG are given in details. The students can have a clear idea of the criteria they need to have to appear for the examination from here.
Eligibility for AIEEA UG Exam
- Every Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- It is mandatory for each student or has an Aadhaar Card. Only the candidates of Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are allowed to enroll without the Aadhaar.
- The qualifying exam for each student will be 12th standard passed from any curriculum. The combination of the subjects is also mentioned by the authority. They are PCM/PCMB/PCF/PCB.
- Students appearing for their 12th Standard can apply.
Eligibility for AIEEA PG Exam
- Age limit is a maximum of 19 years on 31st August 2021.
- The qualifying exam for the candidates applying for the PG Exam should be a Bachelor’s Degree. The patterns are also mentioned by the authority which is 10+6, 10+2+4 and 10+2+5(for A.H and B.V.Sc).
- A candidate having a bachelor’s degree with a 10+2+3 pattern is eligible to apply for NDRI Karnal and IARI Pusa.
- M.V.Sc candidates are needed to have a complete B.V.Sc & AH with an internship.
- Students appearing for the final year of their graduation exam can also apply.
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Cut-off marks
- There is a set of cut-off marks for the students who aspire to appear for the examination. The Cut-Off marks will be strictly followed at every phase of the selection process.
- The cut-off marks a student should vitally have to apply for the AIEEA UG Exam is given below:
- The students belonging to the General/UPS/OBC category should have 50% marks. A 10% relaxation is given to the students of SC/ST/PC category students.
- The cut-off marks a student should vitally have to apply for the AIEEA PG Exam is given below:
- The students should secure 60% marks in the examination to qualify. 10% relaxation for the cut-off marks is given to the SC/ST/PC category of the students.
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Syllabus
In this segment, a complete idea about the subjects is given which a student should have to appear for the two variants of the AIEEA Exam.
Subjects which should be attempted in the Entrance in AIEEA UG:
|Courses||Subjects||Subjects to attempt in the entrance|
|B.Sc (H) Horticulture||PCM/PCMB/PCM/Inter Agriculture||PCB/PCM/PCA/ABC|
|B.Sc (H) Agriculture||PCM/PCMB/PCM/Inter Agriculture||PCB/PCM/PCA/ABC|
|B.Sc (H) Forestry||PCB/PCMB/Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCA/ABC|
|B.Sc (H) Community Science||PCB/PCMB/PCM||PCB/PCM|
|B.Sc (H) Sericulture||PCB/PCMB/PCM||PCB/PCM|
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||PCM/PCMB||PCM|
|B.Tech Food Technology||PCM/PCMB||PCM|
|B.Tech Agricultural Engineering||PCM/PCMB||PCM|
Subjects which should be attempted in the Entrance in AIEEA PG:
|Discipline/Subject||Eligibility for CAU/SAUs( 4/5/6 Bachelor’s Degree in)||Alternative EligibilityFor IARI, IVRI, CIFE,|
|Plant Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Chemistry||B.Sc (Agriculture/Horticulture)B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Plant/Crop Physiology||B.Sc (Agriculture/Horticulture)B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Plant Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/Biotechnology||B.Sc (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry/Biotechnology/Sericulture)Or
B.Sc Hons in either of all above-mentioned subjects
|Plant Genetics and Breeding||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Plant Pathology||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Microbiology or Agricultural Microbiology||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Plant Genetic Resources||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Seed Science and Technology||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Agricultural/Agro-meteorology||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)|
|Water Management& Soil Conservation/SWC||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)|
|Agricultural Physics||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Environmental Sciences||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
|Agricultural Chemicals||B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) (Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry)||B.Sc (10+2+3)|
ICAR AIEEA Exam Registration Process
In this segment, the step-by-step process is given on the account of how to apply for the examination. The following segment will help the candidates to easily fill up the Application Form.
Firstly, the candidates need to visit the authorized website. Then, form the homepage they need to click on ‘New Registration’. After clicking there they will be given an option to choose the name of the examination which they want to appear. Once clicked on either of the two, the registration page will be displayed on the screen.
It is a sole responsibility of the candidate to read the instructions thoroughly and to fill up the registration form carefully. All the vital information like the Name of the candidate, Father and Mother’s Name, Nationality, Date of Birth, Gender, Examination Centre, Contact Details, Subject details and the qualifying examination should be filled up properly.
In the 2nd phase of filling up the application form, all candidates are advised to upload a neat photograph of them. Along with the photograph, a scanned photo of the signature of the student and a proof of handwriting is also needed to be given.
The candidates then need to click on the submit button. Once they click the submit button, the registration number and the password will be sent to each of them. The process of filling up the application form will then advance to the 3rd phase.
The 3rd phase deals with the payment of the application fees. The students will here need to pay the application fee according to the authorized setup. The candidates are requested to click on ‘Continue of Online Payment’ and then click on ‘Pay’ to submit the fee. A page will generate after submitting the application fee. This is the confirmation page of the application form. The students are needed to print a hard copy of this page and preserve it with them for further uses.
In this segment, the detailed description of the syllabus of the ICAR AIEEA 2021 is given for the students to easily take account on the topics to study for the entrance:
The main subjects that are to be studied by the students in the 12th standard curriculum are given above in the table. Here, the topics are given which a student aspiring to sit for the exam needs to work upon.
Gravitation, Thermodynamics, System Particle: Motion and Rigid Body, Bulk Matter and its properties, Gaseous Behavior, Kinetic Energy, Measurement and Physical World, Waves and Oscillations, Work, Power and Energy, Motion: Laws, Kinematics, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Current Magnetism and Magnetic Effects, Electromagnetic Waves, Induction, Alternating Current, Optics, Communication Systems, Electronic Devices, Dual nature of Radiation, Atoms, Nuclei.
Chemistry: Basic Concepts, Solutions, Solid State, Classification of Elements, Solutions, Solid States, Chemical Bonding, Molecular Structure, Atomic Structure, Solid States, Liquid and Gaseous State, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction, Thermodynamics, s- Block Elements (Alkali), Hydrogen, Few p- Block Elements, Group 14 Elements, Preparations of some Important Compounds, Haloalkanes, Haloarenes, Hydrocarbons, Electro Chemistry, Ethers and Phenols, Carboxylic Acids, Ketones, Aldehydes, Nitrogen based Organic Compounds, Polymers, Biomolecules, Polymer, Chemistry in Environment, Chemistry in Daily Life.
The World, Life: Unit, Life: Diversity, Environment, and Organisms, Plant Life: Structure and Functions, Multi-cellularity, Animal Life, Continuity, Evolution and Origin, Application of Biology.
Functions and Sets, Coordinate Geometry, Algebra, Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry, Calculus, Linear Programming, Statics, Statistics, Dynamics, Probability, Reasoning.
Genetics, Agrometeorology, Production of Live Stock, Horticulture, Production of Crops, Plant Breeding.
In this segment the syllabus of ICAR AIEEA 2021 PG Syllabus is given:
Crop Physiology, Biochemistry, Plant Physiology.
Agrometer, Agricultural Meteorology, Soil Science, Chemistry related to Agriculture, Water Management, Soil Conservation, Environmental Science, Agricultural Chemistry.
The science of Plants:
Breeding, Genetics, Plant pathology, Agro- Microbiology, Microbiology, Seed Technology, Genetic resource.
Concepts of Horticulture, Vegetable crops, and its Sciences, Pomology, Fruit Science, Technology of horticulture, Horticulture, Post-harvest technology, Plantation, Medicinal Crops, Aromatic Crops, Planting Architecture, Landscaping, Floriculture.
Biotechnology for Plants:
Biochemistry, Plant Biotechnology, Crop Physiology, Biochemistry.
Husbandry, Dairy, Genetics of Animals, Breeding, Nutrition, Physiology of Animals, Production, Management, Poultry Science, Vet, Economics of Animal Husbandry, Bio Stats.
Vet Anatomy, Histology, Reproduction, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Parasitology, Medicine, Vet Pathology, Wildlife, Wildlife Management and Welfare, Immunology, Bacteriology, Vet Surgery and Radiology, Vet Pharmacology, Vet Virology, Public Health, Vet Epidemiology, Preventive Medicine.
So, by the above segment, the total syllabus that should be covered while sitting for the entrance exam can be seen at a glance. The students are expected to cover up the above-mentioned topics thoroughly as per their curriculum.
ICAR AIEEA Books
All candidates are expected to study the following Reference books so that they get a good grasp of the syllabus of the ICAR AIEEA Exam. The names of the book and the Authors are given below:
- ICAR AIEE UG (Guide), R. Gupta
- ICAR AIEEA PG (Guide), R. Gupta, B.B Singh
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry, OP Tandon, AS Singh
- Objective Biology
- Mathematics, R D Sharma
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Exam Pattern
In the following segment, a detail about the exam pattern of the AIEEA Exam is given. As the exam is having two variants, UG and PG, part by part description are given below:
AIEEA UG Exam:
- Mode of Exam: The AIEEA Exam will be held in offline mode through OMR
- Duration: The exam will be of 150 minutes. The visually challenged students will be given an added time of 50 minutes
- Language: The exam will have a bi-lingual setup. English and Hindi will be the languages that the question papers will be set.
- Questions: Questions will be MCQ type, there will be a number of 60 question in each subject
- Marking Technique: A sum of 4 marks will be awarded to the students for each right answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Each subject will have two streams. The candidates are needed to attempt both the streams so that the no. of questions attempted would reach to 60. The maximum marks should be 240 for each of the subjects. Where two mandatory subjects will be Physics and Chemistry, The 3rd subject will be an option between Biology/Agriculture and Mathematics. Thus the total number of the whole exam will be 720 while attempting a total number of 180 questions.
AIEEA PG Exam:
- Mode of Exam: The AIEEA Exam will be held in offline mode through OMR
- Duration: The total duration of the AIEEA PG Exam will be 2.5 hours.
- Language: It will be a mono-lingual examination where the questions will be asked only in the English language.
- Questions: There will be multiple choice and Objective type questions.
- Marking technique: Each correct MCQ would fetch the candidate, a sum of 4 marks and for each correct answer of the cross-matching question, 5 marks will be awarded to the students. For each wrong answer for MCQ question, 1 mark will be deducted, for each incorrect answer in the cross-matching question 0.2 marks will be reduced.
- The AIEEA PG Exam is having two sections. Section A and B. The section A of the question paper will have 150 questions and section B, 10 questions. The maximum marks are 600 for section A and 50 for section B.
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Admit Cards
The admit cards of the ICAR AIEEA Exam will be released and be available during the 2nd week of May 2021. It will be an e-admit card. Admit Cards can be accessed by the candidates by providing the application no. and the date of birth.
Within a specified period, the admit cards of the examination will be uploaded on the ICAR website. Candidates are expected to do a self-attest on the admit card. The cardholders whose admits cards will not contain attested photos, signature, and left-thumb impression, will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Result
Online declaration of the results of the ICAR AIEEA Exams is expected to be done online during the 1st week of June. Candidates will be able to get access to their results by using the details of their login accounts. Both the results of the UG and PG courses are expected to be released at the same time.
The hard copies of the results will be displayed at the ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan II, Pusa New Delhi. The merit list will strictly be published by the authority according to the results of the candidates.
The merit rank secured by the candidate will denote the result of the candidate.
ICAR AIEEA 2021 Counseling
From the 1st week of July 2021, the online process of counseling will start for the ICAR AIEEA. Registration of each candidate in the ICAR website is a must after the counseling process.
The candidates will be called for the counseling on the account of the overall rank that they have got. Every candidate is expected to download the call letter. They should bring the call letter print-out while participating in the counseling. Seats will be allotted to the candidates according to the choice of the selected candidate and the seats available.
How to Prepare for the ICAR AIEEA
For any examination to prepare for, the candidates need to remember some points on how to deal with the situation of pressure. Here are some tips available for the aspiring students which would surely help them in dealing with the examination.
- Planning: Proper planning makes any student perfect. If a student is keen towards planning a balanced work schedule, it will prove better. As a candidate, you should plan to manage your time and study accordingly.
- Studying: A smart student should always study smartly. Covering up all the topics is one of the main aspects of preparation a student should always do. To achieve what you dream of, confidence is a must and covering up everything in your syllabus will fetch you that confidence.
- Revisions and Practices: Timely revisions are a must when a student is preparing for the entrance exam. There will be no point in studying if a student studies everything and forgets too.
- Making strategies: A candidate should always make a certain strategy for giving any particular exam. Unique strategies help the candidates make their way to success in any exam.
- Staying Fit: It must for a student to stay fit during the time of an exam. With the bad condition of health, no student can succeed in an exam.
Q) I am currently of 20 years of age and I have passed my 10+2 in the year 2018. Do my criteria meet with the needful criteria to apply?
Answer: Yes, Your criteria meet the required criteria. You may apply.
Q) In case of mistake, how many application forms may I fill?
Answer: You are allowed to feel only one application form. Multiple forms are subject to cancellation.
Q) Is there any direct admission process?
Answer: No, There is no direct admission process. Everyone needs to crack the entrance test.
Q) Will admit cards be posted?
Answer: No, no post facility available for sending the admit cards. Online generation is the only process.