GPAT stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. It is a pharmacy entrance test. Do you want to register for GPAT this year? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, we will have an in-depth analysis of GPAT 2021 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details –
- GPAT application form (dates and details)
- Registration process (step by step guide)
- Documents required
- Application fee.
In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about GPAT application process. Come, let us take a quick look at the application process overview –
|Name of entrance exam:||GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
GPAT is a national level entrance examination. The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into M.Pharm. programs in pharmacy colleges across India. Candidates interested in M.Pharm. admission will benefit from this test. This guide has been crafted keeping their needs in mind.
The NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts GPAT each year. They are known to conduct this test once in a year. Eligible candidates may apply for this test online.
First of all, let us check out important dates related to GPAT application process –
|Online application process will start on||1st week of November, 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of November, 2020|
|Admit card will be issued on||4th week of December, 2020|
Let us take a closer look at the application process. The next section will answer the following questions –
- How to register for GPAT 2021?
- How to fill up GPAT 2021 application form?
- How to correct GPAT application form?
GPAT 2021 Application Process
GPAT application process can be divided into the following stages –
- GPAT registration process
- Form-filling process
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Come, let us take a closer look at each stage. Let us begin –
GPAT 2021 Registration Process
- Visit the official website of GPAT (gpat.nta.nic.in).
- Search for ‘fill online application form’ button and click on it.
- If you have not registered for GPAT 2021 yet, you may click on ‘new registration’ button.
- Go through the information bulletin.
- Tick mark on ‘I have downloaded the information bulletin…’ button.
- Click on ‘click here to proceed button’.
- Fill up the registration form by entering the following details – personal details and contact details.
- Enter a strong password. Configure your security question.
- Enter the security pin/captcha code & click on ‘submit’ button.
- Review your registration form and watch out for mistakes.
- Click on ‘edit registration form’ option to go back and edit the registration form.
- Verify the particulars by ticking on each one of them.
- Click on the ‘I agree’ button.
- Click on ‘final submit’ button to submit your registration form.
Once you submit the registration form, the system will generate an application number. Save this number for further use/reference. You may use your application number and password to access GPAT website (to fill up form, download admit card, check result etc).
Once the application number is generated, you will be able to find ‘complete application form button’ below the application number. You may click on it and proceed to form-filling stage. You may even choose to fill the form later. In that case, you may access the website of GPAT, login with your credentials and access the application form.
GPAT 2021 Application Form
A candidate may proceed to form-filling right after submitting the registration form. He/she will be able to find ‘complete application form button’ below the application number.
Let us check out the steps involved in application process –
Steps to fill GPAT application form
- After registration, proceed to complete the application form/Sign in with your credentials (on GPAT website) and access the application form (after completing registration process).
- Enter the following details – nationality, state/UT of residence, category etc.
- Select the test you are applying for (GPAT 2021 in this case).
- Enter your academic details (10th class, 12th class and Bachelor’s Degree) – pass status, name of exam, name of board, year of passing, result mode, marks secured and roll number.
- Enter the security pin/captcha code.
- Click on submit button.
- Upload relevant documents (photograph and signature specimen).
- Enter the security pin/captcha code.
- Click on submit button.
- You will be redirected to application fee payment page. Select preferred mode of payment.
- Select the preferred payment method and pay the application fee.
- After paying application fee, you will be redirected to GPAT website.
- Click on ‘view available capacity of examination city’ option and select examination city.
- Download the confirmation page and take printout for further use/reference.
While filling up the application form, an applicant is supposed to enter the following details –
- Personal details: Candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, Aadhar number etc.
- Contact details: Email id, mobile number, address, city, district, state, pin code etc.
- Academic details (10th class, 12th class and Bachelor’s Degree): Pass status, year of passing, roll number, place of schooling, type of school, result mode, marks secured, name of school, address of school, place of college, name of college etc.
- Preferences: Choice of exam.
GPAT 2021 Application Fee
|General/OBC-NCL||1600 INR for male candidates & 800 INR for female candidates|
|SC/ST/PwD||800 INR (male & female candidates)|
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to enter the following details – personal information, academic information, test preference etc. In order to simplify the form-filling process, applicants may keep the following documents/things ready –
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned documents
Guidelines for scanned documents
While filling up the application form, candidates are supposed to upload the following scanned images –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Upload your latest passport size photograph.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.