GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national level engineering entrance exam. In this post, we will have an in-depth analysis of GATE 2021 registration process.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – GATE application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about GATE application process.
Come, let us take a closer look at GATE registration-overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
As discussed before, GATE is a national level entrance examination. IIT Bombay (IIT-B) is all set to conduct GATE 2021. Eligible candidates may register for GATE through GOAPS (Gate Online Application Processing System).
The main aim of GATE exam is to facilitate admission of eligible candidates into PG level engineering and integrated programs (like M.E./M.Tech. and other PG programs) in IITs, NITs and other institutes that are known to accept GATE score.
GATE is a popular competitive exam in India. Each year, hundreds of thousands of candidates are known to register for this test. A good score in GATE can help you bag a seat in IITs/NITs/prominent engineering colleges. It can also help you obtain a job in PSUs!
Our guide has been crafted keeping the needs of GATE aspirants in mind. This guide will answer the following questions –
- How to register for GATE?
- How to fill up GATE registration form?
- How to correct my GATE application form?
- And more…
Our GATE registration guide deals with the following topics –
- Important dates
- Registration process
- Application fee
- General instructions
|Online registration process will start on||4th week of August, 2020|
|Last date to register online||3rd or 4th week of September, 2020|
|Correction window will open on||2nd week of October, 2020|
|Last day to register after paying late fee||1st week of October, 2020|
What is GATE registration process like, some of you may ask. Let us take a closer look at this process –
GATE 2021 Application Process
GOAPS has been designed to help candidates register for GATE seamlessly. It stands for Gate Online Application Processing System.
GATE application process consists of the following main stages –
- GATE registration (GOAPS)
- Uploading relevant documents
- Pay the application fee
Let us take a closer look at each stage. Let us begin –
GATE 2021 Registration
- Visit the official website of GOAPS.
- Register by providing details such as – first name, middle name, last name, email id, country of residence and mobile number.
- Set a strong password.
- Enter the captcha code/puzzle/security pin.
- Click on submit button.
Registration process is complete! On submitting registration form, a candidate will obtain his/her GOAPS enrollment ID via email. In order to obtain the enrollment id, you must enter a valid/your best email id.
Note down your GOAPS enrollment ID. This ID will be used for further steps such as – form filling, downloading admit card, making corrections, checking result etc. After wrapping up registration process and obtaining GOAPS enrollment ID, a candidate may move to the next step – application form-filling.
GATE 2021 Application Form
After completing registration process, you may use the login section on GOAPS. On logging in, a candidate will be able to find the application form.
GATE application form consists of the following important sections –
- Exam details
- Applicant’s personal details
- Qualifying Degree details
- Section for uploading documents
Let us take a closer look at each stage and check out the steps involved in form-filling process –
Steps to fill GATE 2021 Application Form
- Visit the official website of GOAPS.
- Login with your enrollment ID and password.
- Access the application form and enter your exam details (choice of paper, choice of examination country and choice of examination city).
- Enter your personal details (enrollment ID, name of the candidate, date of birth, email id, gender, nationality, category, country of residence, state, type of ID proof, ID proof number, name of parent/guardian, country of residence of parent/guardian, mobile number of parent/guardian, address etc).
- Enter details about your qualifying degree (institute registration/roll number, qualifying degree, academic discipline, academic status, year of qualifying degree, name of university/college, country of college/university etc).
- Upload relevant documents of the candidate (passport size photograph, signature specimen and academic certificate).
- Go through the declaration text and click on the tab to accept it.
- Click on save and view application to review your application form. Make sure that it is error-free.
- Click on submit and proceed to payment button to pay the application fee.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment and pay the application fee.
- After paying the exam fee, you will be redirected to GOAPS website. Save the application form and take its printout for further use/reference.
While filling up GATE application form, candidates are supposed to enter/provide the following details –
Important details required
- For filling the registration form: First name, middle name, last name, email id, country of residence and mobile number.
- Personal details: Enrollment ID, name of the candidate, date of birth, email id, gender, nationality, category, country of residence, state, type of ID proof, ID proof number, name of parent/guardian, country of residence of parent/guardian, mobile number of parent/guardian, address etc).
- Academic details: Institute registration/roll number, qualifying degree, academic discipline, academic status, year of qualifying degree, name of university/college, country of college/university etc).
GATE 2021 Application Fee
Here’s the category-wise application fee –
|Female candidates||750 INR|
|SC/ST/PwD (Male & Female) candidates||750 INR|
|Male (General) candidates||1500 INR|
Late payment fee is 500 INR (for all categories and genders).
Application fee for a candidate who chooses foreign exam center is 50 USD. Late payment fee in his/her case is 20 USD.
A candidate may pay his/her application fee online. They have multiple payment methods to choose from –
- Net banking
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- Foreign cards
- And more…
Important documents required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- ID card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned documents
Guidelines for scanned documents
- While filling up the application form, candidates are requested to upload the following scanned images –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature specimen of the candidate
- Eligibility document/certificate (Degree certificate/provisional passing certificate/course completion certificate/consolidated marksheet/final year marksheet)
Scanned images must satisfy the following conditions –
- All scanned images must be clear, not blurry.
- Maximum pixel resolution for photograph is 480 x 640 px and minimum resolution is 240 x 320 px.
- Maximum pixel resolution for signature is 160 x 560 px and minimum resolution is 80 x 280 px.
- Signature specimen must be on white paper.
Let us check out the set of general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Take printout of the form/confirmation page.