In this article, I’ve provided a list of medical courses and their full forms. Many medical courses are well known by their short forms. Some examples are – MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS etc. Here, you will be reading about the full forms of these medical courses.
Before heading to the list of full forms, make sure that you check out these useful articles – courses after 12th science, courses after 12th commerce, courses after 12th arts and courses after 12th science biology.
Full forms of prominent medical courses (MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, B.V.Sc. & AH, BOT, MLT etc)
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BHMS – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- BUMS – Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- B.V.Sc. & AH – Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- BOT – Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- MLT – Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Pharm. – Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Pharm D – Doctor of Pharmacy
- BPT – Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BASLP – Bachelor of Audiology Speech Language Pathology
- OTT – Operation Theater Technology
- ANM – Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery
- GNM – General Nursing and Midwifery
As you can see, I’ve covered most of the prominent medical courses in the above list. Apart from medical courses, I’ve also covered few notable paramedical courses. Please share these full forms with your friends!