After completing 10+2 exam with PCM combination students aspires to become an engineer. If you want to become an engineer then be prepared to sit for engineering exams. The entrance exams are considered to be one of the first prerequisite to join any engineering college. If we look at today’s world we will find a huge competition and if the students want to stay head of this competition then scoring good marks in the engineering entrance exam becomes quite crucial.
Article Overview and Contents
Every year engineering entrance exams are conducted either at state level or national level. One of the main objective of these exams is to choose the most efficient and skilled candidate. So, in order to ensure that you are able to confirm your seat in one of the top engineering colleges it is important to know about the entrance exams that are conducted in India.
List of Top Engineering Entrance Exams in India 2021 –
This article is going to give you complete information regarding the entrance exams that are meant for the engineering students.
1 JEE Main
This is perhaps one of the most popular engineering entrance exams which generally held every year and it is conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Those candidates who have just completed their 12th board exams can get a good opportunity to take admission in the IITs and NIITs. It is considered to be one of the most significant exam for those who intends to sit for the JEE Advanced.
It is not that easy to pass the JEE main and therefore students have to put a lot of hard work for appearing successfully in this exam. Are you planning to appear for JEE Main? If yes, then you need to get the complete details of the exam which include application form, registration details, syllabus and other relevant information.
What is the application procedure?
The first and foremost step towards sitting for this exam is obtaining the application forms. Those candidates who are facing problems in knowing about the complete details of the application procedure can take a look at the below mentioned points.
- Online applications can be found in the official website of JEE. In order to obtain the application forms you need to keep a track on the website.
- All the relevant information regarding the date of issue of forms can be found in the bulletins. Students need to go through it for gaining complete knowledge regarding the exam dates.
- The forms that are available at the website need to be filled up carefully because incomplete form will not be accepted by the authorities.
- The details of the Aadhar card are considered to be mandatory.
- After filling up the application forms the candidates have to upload their scanned photographs.
- It is to be noted that the images should be only in the JPEG or JPG format.
- Applications fees may differ in accordance to categories.
- Fees can be paid through credit or debit cards or one can also make use of e-challan.
- Application fees will not be accepted if it is given via money order or DD or IPO.
Is there any eligibility criteria?
Each and every exam has certain criterion set for filtering out only the eligible candidates. For appearing in JEE Main the candidates are judged based on three criteria which include age, educational background and also on the number of attempts made for participating in this exam.
- Candidates who were born on or after 1/10/1994 an only apply for this exam.
- If a candidate belongs to SC or ST category then he/she will get an extension on age. If their date of birth is on or after 1/10/1989 then they can be termed as eligible.
- Those who have qualified their 12th board in the year 2019 or 2020 are eligible to sit for JEE Main.
- If you have given your 12th exam in the year 2021 then you can also apply for it.
- In order to take admission in the top IITs or NIITs candidates have to score at least 75% in their 10+2. For SC/ST candidates 65% mark is specified.
- If a candidate does not have any of the subjects like Chemistry, English, Physics, Biology, Mathematics or Technical Vocational subject then he/she cannot sit for the exam.
- The maximum limit for appearing for JEE Main is three years.
- This limit is same for all the categories.
Know about the exam pattern
JEE main conducts exam for all the genres of engineering be it software engineering, civil engineering or architectural engineering. So, there are two separate papers for it, one is meant for the B.E or B.Tech candidates and the other paper is for architectural or planning candidates.
- The mode of exam is online.
- There will be only multiple choice questions asked in the JEE main.
- Those candidates who are aspiring for B.Arch have to answer questions on aptitude and mathematics. There will be drawing tests too.
- JEE Main will be conducted for three hours.
- The marks which is allotted for correct answer is 4 and for each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Details of syllabus and subjects
Here is a list of subjects and their syllabus that can allow a JEE main aspirant to prepare accordingly.
- Physics: Rotational motion, Electrostatics, gravitation, kinetic theory of gases, laws of motion, thermodynamics, current electricity, optics etc.
- Mathematics: Trigonometry, vector algebra, quadratic equations, mathematical induction, matrices and determinants etc.
- Organic chemistry: characterization of organic compounds, basic concepts of organic chemistry, nitrogen containing compounds etc.
- Inorganic chemistry: Environmental chemistry, block elements (F and D) block elements belonging from 13-18 groups etc.
- Physical chemistry: Important concepts of chemistry, equilibrium, states of matter, molecular structure, atomic structure, chemical thermodynamics etc.
Important dates to remember
In order to ensure that you are able to get the application forms on time or download your admit cards before its get too late you have to remember some important events and their dates. Here is a list of events that that are considered to be important for the JEE main aspirants.
For April exam (2021) –
|Date of exam||April 2021|
|Issue of application forms||Week 2 of February 2021|
|Last date(application forms)||February 2021|
|Correction of images||February 2021|
|Result||Week 1 of May 2021|
January exam, 2021 –
|Availability of application forms||September 2020|
|Application form-late submission date||September 2020|
|Exam date||January 2021|
|Uploading of correct images||September 2020|
Some frequently asked questions:
Q1) can I get a second chance for amending the errors that I have made in my application form?
Ans Yes, you can correct the mistakes in the correction forms which can be found in the website
Q2) actually Aadhar card details are not matching with my school details, so what will I do?
Ans. Correction request can be made on your Aadhar card and after that you can apply for the exam. However you need to provide 14 digit Aadhar number.
Q3) if an applicant belong from abroad then what identity proof can they give?
Ans. They have to provide their passport details.
Q4) can I submit more than two application form?
Ans. Those candidates who will take two application forms, their forms will be merged and a single admit card will be issued to them. Application numbers of both the forms are to be mentioned in email to the authorities.
2 JEE Advanced
JEE Advanced is regarded as the national level exam and it is conducted for allowing students to take admission in the masters and bachelor degree programs. It is mainly conducted by a Zonal Coordinating IIT. If you have successfully appeared in your JEE main then you need to go through the details of this exam.
Application forms and registration process
Prior to the issue of application forms the authorities are going to give complete details regarding the form fill up process. At first the candidates have to register their name. Once the candidates are done with the registration they can start filling up their forms.
- Candidates can obtain the form from the official website of JEE. One needs to follow the instruction given in the forms carefully.
- Students are required to provide some documents at the time of registration and they are: Birth certificate or 10h admit card, Mark sheet of 12th exam, Category certificate
- In case of name change in 10th certificate then gazette notification is to be submitted
- For payment of application fees candidates can use debit card or SBI challan.
- It is to be noted that the fees is non-refundable.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Every year large number of candidates applies for JEE Advanced so it is not possible to give chance to each and everyone. In order to make sure that the candidates that are selected are capable enough for this exam, eligibility criteria has been specified. It is recommended that the candidates need to get informed about the eligibility criteria before filling up the application forms.
You can take a look at the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who intend to sit for the exam should meet the age criteria. If he/she is born on 1st October 1994 then they are held as eligible.
- The candidates can sit for this exam twice within a consecutive year.
- There is no bar on the nationality of a candidate. Apart from Indians foreign nationals are also allowed to take part in this exam.
- If candidates have not appeared for JEE Main then he/she cannot sit for JEE Advanced. Candidates have to rank in JEE Main and they should be in the first 24 candidates in the list. Otherwise they won’t get a chance to appear for JEE Advanced.
- Suppose you have been cancelled admission in any IIT then you cannot take part in the JEE Advanced.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to score at least 75% marks (for SC/ST-65%) in the 12th exam.
What is the exam pattern?
Candidates require a proper guideline based on which they can prepare for this exam. The pattern of JEE advanced is almost similar to that of JEE Main. Have a look at the patterns in detail.
- Similar to JEE Main the advanced level is also conducted with the help of online medium.
- The question paper will be in both English and Hindi.
- Questions will solely be based on the subjects like Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- There are two papers for this exam. Candidates have to appear in both the papers for finally qualifying for JEE Advanced.
- Examinees have to answer objective type questions.
- Negative marking is specified in accordance to the papers.
- This exam will be held for three hours.
What is to be covered?
The subjects that are covered for this exam include Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- In Physics student will be asked questions based on modern physics, mechanics, Optics, magnetic, electricity and some basic concept of physics.
- The syllabus of chemistry is same as JEE Main. There will be questions on different genre of Chemistry like organic, physical etc.
- For Mathematics you can prepare algebra, vectors, analytical geometry, trigonometry and integrated calculus.
- If you are going to apply for architectural engineering then you need to appear for freehand drawing test and three-dimensional perceptions. Questions will be asked for checking the candidate’s architectural awareness. It is mainly termed as AAT exam and is meant only for B.Arch students.
Know some important dates
The aspirants who are preparing for giving JEE Advanced need to check out the below mentioned important events along with specific dates and remember them thoroughly.
|Know the events||Dates(2021)|
|Commencement of registration||Week, 1, May|
|Last date for registration||Week, 2, May|
|Issue of admit card||Week, 3, May|
|Exam||Week, 3, May|
|Result||Week, 3, June|
|Registration for AAT||Week, 2, June|
Q1) Do I need to clear JEE Main for appearing in JEE Advanced?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory to appear in JEE Main for taking part in JEE Advanced.
Q2) actually I belong to SC quota and I have got 70% in my 12th board so am I eligible for JEE Advanced?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible.
Q3) Is AAT only meant for architectural students?
Ans. Yes, AAT is Architecture aptitude test and it is conducted by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee.
Q4) I have given two different categories for JEE Main and for JEE Advanced, Is it correct?
Ans. No, you have to provide the same category for both JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced.
BITSAT exam is conducted for allowing candidates to take admission in B.E or B.Pharma courses. This entrance exam is conducted by BITS, Pilani. The exam is computer based and candidates who successfully pass this exam are entitled eligible to take admission in courses offered by different campuses of Pilani. This section of the article is going to focus on the application procedures, exam and syllabus pattern of this exam.
Fill up the application forms
Application form is perhaps the first and foremost prerequisite for a BTSAT aspirant. Candidates who are going to appear in this entrance exam can follow the below mentioned procedures.
- The registration process for the year 2021 will commence from December 2019. Candidates have to keep a close eye on the website so that they do not miss the date.
- Suppose you make some mistakes while filling up the form then you will get a single chance to amend it.
- Candidates cannot take the liberty of making the correction at any point of time rather a fixed correction period will be specified by the authorities.
- Scanned images of the candidates are to be provided and JPEG or JPG format is only to be followed.
- All the examinees should pay their application fees through online payment modes. In case of e-challan candidates can only opt for the ICICI banks.
- Payments through debit as well as credit cards are also accepted by the authorities.
- For male candidates the application fees is rupees 2950 and for females it is 2450.
- In case candidates have chosen Dubai as their exam centre then they need to pay rupees 4500 and it is same for both male as well as female candidates.
Know your eligibility
Candidates need to qualify themselves for this exam. The authorities have set certain criteria for BITSAT. If any of the candidates fails to fulfil the eligibility criteria then he/she will not be able to fill up the application forms. It is better to go through the eligibility criteria prior to starting with the registration procedures.
- Examinees are required to score at least 75% marks in either PCB or PCM subjects.
- For those who are going to take admission in pharmacy courses will require 60% marks in all the PCB subjects. For candidate other than pharmacy 60% is to be obtained in PCM subjects.
- Along with qualified mark in PCB or PCM subjects candidates need to score qualifying marks in English.
- Those students who have appeared for their 10+2 in the year 2021 and are waiting for their result are also eligible.
Know the exam pattern
BITSAT is basically conducted through online mode. Examinees will be given objective type questions. The total hour given to the students to complete their papers is three hours. The question paper is divided into four sections and these sections will deal with subject like English, Mathematics, Biology, Logical Reasoning, Physics and Chemistry.
For selecting correct answer students will be allotted three marks and there will be negative marking scheme. One mark will be deducted for wrong answers.
You can take a look at the number of questions allotted for each subject for getting a better understanding of the exam paper.
What is the syllabus?
Syllabus of BITSAT is based on the PCB or PCM subjects. Those who have covered the syllabus set by N.C.E.R.T will not face any difficulties in preparing for this exam. This is because syllabus is same like that of N.C.E.R.T.
Chemistry: Block elements(s and hydrogen), chemical bonding, thermodynamics, electrochemistry, surface chemistry, Chemical Equilibria etc.
Mathematics: Trigonometry, Probability, Linear programming, statistics, algebra, integral calculus, Three Dimensional Coordinate Geometry etc.
Physics: Kinematics, Rotational Motion, Thermodynamics, Oscillations, heat, Units and measurement etc.
English: Verbal reasoning, classifying words, grammar, vocabulary, missing links etc.
Biology: Biotechnology, evolution, genetics, reproduction, function and structure of animals and plants, development process in the human beings etc.
Some important dates
You need to remind yourself regarding some important dates related to the exam date, admit card issue, registration and other relevant details.
|Publication of application forms||Week, 3,December 2020|
|Date of exam||Week,3 till last week of May 2021|
|Correction form of application||Week 2to 3, March 2021|
|Admit card||Week 2 April to Week 2 May 2021|
|Last date of form submission||December 2020|
Frequently asked questions
Q1) I am reappearing for my chemistry paper in 12th as I was unable score qualifying marks in this subject. Can I sit for BITSAT?
Ans. No, you cannot apply for the exam.
Q2) I have completed my 10+2 in the year 2019 so can I appear for the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can apply.
Q3) is BITSAT exam conducted via offline mode?
Ans. No, this exam is only conducted through online mode.
Q4) can I get refund as I have paid multiple fees?
Ans you need to fill up all your bank details and apply for a refund.
COMEDK is another significant exam for taking admission in engineering courses. The full form of this exam is Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. This entrance exam is mainly organised on state level.
If you are one of them who want to try your future in the engineering field then get the complete details regarding COMEDK UGET.
How to apply?
This is perhaps your question and the answer is discussed below:
- At first registration is to be conducted for applying for the exam. You have to apply online.
- The publication of the application forms for the exam will begin from January’s third week.
- Candidates have to fill up all the details carefully.
- After filling up relevant details they need to upload their photographs and also get it signed by their parents.
- Candidates can print the applications forms.
- The application fee is rupees 1300 and GST of 18% is added with it. There will also some convenience costs levied on you.
- Payments are to be made through credit cards or through internet banking.
Want to know eligibility criteria?
The eligibility criterion of COMEDK UGET has been given below for your reference. It might help the aspirants to get adequate information regarding their eligibility status. In case they find that their eligibility is not matching with that of the given criteria then they should not waste their money on filling up application forms.
- The first and foremost criterion for appearing for this exam is that the candidate should be Indian.
- If the candidate has applied for the UG programme then he/she needs to pass their 12th board exam.
- Candidates should have PCM combination of subjects in their 10+2 for sitting for the exam.
- The minimum marks that might entitle one as eligible for COMEDK is 45% and 40% for the SC/ST candidates.
- For those who are going to take admission in architectural courses they need to appear for 10+2 along with a diploma course.
- The candidates have to score 50% in the exams and for the SC/ST candidates it should be 45%.
- If the candidates have given NATA then that score will also be added.
Pattern of the exam
It is better to get a thorough check on the pattern of the exam for ensuring that your preparation is able to place you at a good position. The mode of exam is computer based and it will commence from 10 am and continued till 1pm. The total number of questions that will be asked in the question paper is 180. The question pattern will be multiple choice.
The mark for each of the question is 1. The medium of the question paper will be only in English. Students need not to worry about wrong answers because there is no such rule of negative marking.
Students are required to take help from references books that are available for the exam. It can be said that question patterns can help students to get an idea regarding the question type and their marks thereby helping them to get good score.
What is the syllabus?
Well, syllabus is one of the pre-requisite of any examination. One has to prepare their lessons as per the given syllabus. If you ask about the syllabus for COMEDK then it is basically based on the syllabus prescribed in 10+2 standard. Generally, questions will be given from Physics, Mathematic and Chemistry.
Students will not face any sort of problem in solving the questions as it easier for the students because they have already covered it in their 12th boards. You can get the detail of each subjects by going through the below mentioned section.
Chemistry: Nuclear reactions, radio carbon dating, chemical kinetics, coordination chemistry, bio molecules, polymers, environmental chemistry etc.
Physics: Thermodynamics, laws of electrolysis, thermal expansion of the solids, motion in there or two dimensions, oscillations, electrostatics etc.
Mathematics: Trigonometry, implicit and composite function, determinants, matrices, section formula, three dimensional geometry and probability.
Some dates to memorize
|Exam date||Week 2nd , May 2021|
|Application form issue||Week, 3rd , January 2021|
|Admit card distribution||Week, 1st , May 2021|
|Result||Last Week, May 2021|
|Issuing of application form(last day)||Week, 3rd , April 2021|
Know the FAQs
Q1) Is there any limits to registration?
Ans. No, there is no limit of registration and a student can apply multiple numbers of times, provided that they use different email ids.
Q2) Are the question papers published only in English?
Q3) I am not a resident of Karnataka so am I eligible to get benefit of low qualifying mark?
Ans. No, low qualifying marks is only meant for the Karnataka residents who belong from SC/ST category.
Q4) can I get back the form as I have made some mistakes?
Ans. No, you cannot get it back but you will get one chance of correcting it after submission of application forms.
5 Karnataka CET
Karnataka CET as the name suggest is conducted by the state of Karnataka. The purpose of this entrance exam is to allow the students to get admitted in bachelor degree courses of pharmacy, engineering, agriculture and other courses. Students are able to get admission in different universities or colleges of the state with the help of this exam. If you are an engineering aspirant then you can sit for this exam.
The candidates who do not have any knowledge regarding this exam can get the detail which is given in this section.
What is the application procedure?
The application forms can be collected from the official website. The candidates can check the procedures for application form from the given below points:
- At first visit the official website of KCET and start with the registration process.
- Candidates have to provide a password for login.
- For registration you need to fill up personal details.
- After filling up the form candidates are required to upload their scanned photographs along with signature.
- The application forms need to be printed.
- The forms should be signed by the principal of your school from where you have passed out 12th board.
- The fees for application forms will have to be paid via offline mode only.
- Fee structure may differ in accordance to the caste category and also on the residential status.
|Different categories||Total fees|
|Candidates residing outside India||5000|
|Non-resident of Karnataka||750|
What is the eligibility criteria?
The candidates can have a look at the eligibility status so that their forms do not get rejected at the last moment. The eligibility criterion is specified for ensuring whether candidates are selected on a neutral basis or not.
- The first criterion is that the candidate should have qualified their 10+2 exams with PCM subject combination.
- Make sure that you had English as a compulsory subject along with PCM combination.
- The minimum marks that is to be obtained in 12th board is 45% and in case you belong from reserved categories then 40% is the minimum marks.
- For the candidates who want to get admission in architectural courses have to first appear in the JEE paper 2 otherwise they will not be found eligible for sitting for KCET.
Clear your doubts on exam patterns
Students often face difficulties while studying for the exam. Exam pattern can be considered as the blue pint of question papers. It might allow one to get clear understanding regarding the total number of questions that will be asked and the allotted marks for each question. One can even go through the previous year’s question paper for knowing the pattern. However, in case you do not have sample of previous year’s question paper then have a look at this section.
KCET is generally conducted through offline mode and this feature differentiates it from other engineering entrance tests. Nonetheless, the question pattern will be same as it is for other engineering tests that is objective type. It is mandatory to use either black or blue ball point pens while ticking on the OMR sheets.
The examinees will obtain one mark for the correct answers and if any of the candidates try to mark two answers for a single question then their mark will be deducted. Nevertheless for wrong answers negative marking is not given.
Syllabus for KCET
The syllabus can help the students to get a thorough knowledge about the topics that they are required to prepare for scoring good marks. Syllabus is going to contain list of the subjects and the areas that are to be read with special attention in a particular subject. Basically, candidates will be given questions on Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Although syllabus will be similar to that of 10+2, however candidates are required to keep a watch on the KCET official site because changes can be incorporated in the syllabus.
Syllabus of KCET has been categorised into first and second year PUC.
1st Year (PUC):
- Physics: Mechanical characteristics of solid, oscillation, thermal features of matter, rotational motion, laws of motion etc.
- Chemistry: Preliminary concepts of organic chemistry, molecular structure, classification of elements, states of liquid and gases, block elements (p) etc.
- Mathematics: Probability, series, binomial theorem, conic sections, mathematical induction, reasoning, trigonometry etc.
2nd year (PUC)
- Chemistry: Surface chemistry, organic compounds, chemical kinetics, carboxylic acids, ethers, coordination compounds etc.
- Mathematics: Differential equations, derivatives, inverse trigonometric function, determinants, continuity, matrices etc.
- Physics: Electrostatic potential, ray optics, dual nature of the radiation, semiconductor electronics, current electricity, alternating current etc.
- The total mark for each of these subjects is 60 and hence the aspirants have to prepare accordingly. If you intend to know the detailed syllabus then you need to wait for some time as the complete syllabus is yet to be published by the website.
Know some significant dates
The KCET aspirants are required to memorize certain dates that are regarded a quite significant in the life of an examinees that are going to appear for KCET.
|Application forms||Week, 4th , January 2021|
|Issue of admit cards||Week, 2nd , April 2021|
|Last date for application form submission||Week, 1st , week, March 2021|
|Date of exam||Week, 3rd ,April 2021|
|Result||Last week, May 2021|
Frequently asked questions:
Q1) Are the application forms available offline ?
Ans. No, application forms are to be filled via online mode only.
Q2) Are candidates who are appearing for the 2nd year of PUC eligible for KCET?
Ans. Yes, they are eligible.
Q3) Which is the mode for paying application fees?
Ans. Candidates are required to pay their application fees through bank challan.
Q4) I am applying for medical courses so do I need to fill up any separate form?
Ans. Application forms are same for both engineering as well as medical courses.
VITEEE is an engineering entrance exam which is organised by the Vellore Institute of Technology. Candidates who are able to successfully appear in this exam can take admission in any of the campuses of Vellore or Chennai. Students who have passed out 12th from a recognised board can sit for the exam. As there is a huge competition in the engineering colleges so, candidates might be under the spell of extra pressure. If you have recently given your 10+2 or already appeared in the boards then you can get complete details of VITEEE from this section of the study.
Ways to apply for VITEEE
In order to apply for this exam you need to obtain the application forms which are available both in the offline as well as online mode. The forms that are available on the website of VITEEE can be obtained by paying 1150 rupees. If you are not a resident of India then you have to pay the money through a demand draft.
If candidate finds it difficult to fill up online application forms then offline modes are also available. For getting offline application forms post offices are specified by the university and an amount of rupees 1200 is to be given. One can also find the forms at the Vellore University and it can be obtained by gibing 1200 via demand draft.
How to submit offline application?
Candidates will be provided an application form in the structure of OMR and there will be a brochure given along with the forms that will contain all the relevant details of filling up the application forms. One needs to go through the information thoroughly. Candidates have to ensure that they are able to complete the forms because in case you submit incomplete form it will immediately be rejected.
There will be spaces for pasting your photographs and make sure that you paste coloured photos. Once you complete filling up the details you need to put t in an envelope and sent it to the authorities.
Know online form fill up process
For filling up online application forms candidates have to register their name and other details in the official website. After registration they can log in with their mail id and passwords that they have received after registration.
Once you enter your email and password you can get the form. After putting relevant details you have to submit it at the website. Once you submit the form you will receive an application number and it is recommended to note it down for future reference.
What is slot booking in VITEEE?
All those who are going to sit for VITEE 2021 should know about the slot booking procedure. Well, you might be thinking about the concept of slot booking. Slot booking simply means confirming your exam centre. It is to be remembered that slot booking are provided on the basis of first come first serve policy.
The slots are booked in accordance to the seat availability in a particular exam centre. For those who are completely unaware of this slot booking procedure can have a look at the below mentioned points:
- Firstly, candidates are required to login to the website of VITEEE and put application number along with your password.
- Next the applicants need to select their exam center and select time and date of exam that they have already mentioned in their application forms.
- In case a student forgets to book their slots then lots will be automatically booked on the basis of the information proved but the candidate in the forms.
- Admit cards are issued after the completion of the slot booking process.
Check the eligibility status
Before proceeding with the form fill up procedures candidates are required to check the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. Eligibility criteria have been formulated with the help of educational qualification, nationality and age.
- Age: Candidates who were born on or after 1/7/1997 can be held as eligible for appearing in the VITEEE exam. The age for applying should only be 17 years.
- Nationality: There is no such bar in the nationality status as both residents as well as non-residents of India can apply. If a OCI/PIO candidate has been received education in a institution that are located in India for at least two year can also be given the eligibility status.
- Qualification: The standard qualification which a candidate should require is successful completion of 10+2.
How is the exam pattern?
The exam pattern can give a clear idea about the questions that are to be asked in the question paper. This exam will be conducted for two and a half hour. Exam paper is framed as per four PCM/PCB subject section. Questions will be in the form of multiple choices. The four sections will contain forty questions except the language section because it will comprise of five questions.
Examinees will be given one mark for the correct answers and no mark will be deducted for choosing incorrect options. The students are required to ensure that they are able to make preparations accordingly. Mock test are also available that might allow the students to know about the number of question that they will be dealing on the day of exam.
Syllabus of VITEEE
The Vellore Institute of Technology is going to publish the syllabus on website in the month of November. Syllabus is quite essential for the VITEEE aspirants because it can allow them to make a study plan so that they do not face any problem while solving them in the exam.
However, students should not be afraid or nervous as the syllabus is similar to that of 12th board. If you have recently appeared for 12th boards then it will be quite easier for you to prepare for VITEEE.
In case the applicants are finding it difficult to wait till November can get some idea about the topics that are covered and hence start with their preparation.
Mathematics: In Mathematics questions will be asked from probability, equations and number systems. Mostly determinants, matrices, vector etc are covered. Candidates have to solve problems on derivatives, calculus or definite integration.
Physics: Physics syllabus will mainly comprise of modern physics, electrostatics and oscillations. Examinees need to put focus on simple harmonic motion, mechanics, thermodynamics etc.
Chemistry: Chemistry is basically divided into organic, inorganic and physical. In organic part you have to learn about those organic compounds that contain oxygen and also some basic concepts of organic chemistry also need to be prepared. For physical chemistry students can read about the redox reactions, atomic structure, equilibrium and chemical kinetics.
|Know the events||Dates|
|Availability of forms||1st week. November,2020|
|Issue of offline forms||2nd Week, November,2020|
|Late form submission||2nd Week, March, 2021|
|Slot booking||3rd Week, March, 2021|
|Distribution of admit cards||3rd Week, March,2021|
|Result||4th Week, April, 2021|
Frequently asked question for VITEEE
Q1) what are the modes of applications forms?
Ans. Application forms are available both online as well as online.
Q2) are different dates given for online and offline form fill up?
Ans. Yes, different dates have been assigned for the publication of offline and online forms.
Q3) are correction forms available?
Ans. If candidates makes mistake in their forms then they can enter their application number and make amendments. However, they cannot make changes in the email address, permanent address or contact number.
Q4) can I download my admit card without booking slot?
Ans. No, you have to first book your slot after that you can download your admit cards.
7 PTU CET
Punjab Technical University is regarded as one of the most renowned universities where students can get a chance to get admission in different courses like management, engineering, IT and medical science. PTU every year organises exam which is popularly known as PTU CET. It is an institution level examination. Those students who are able to good ranking in the examination can become eligible to take admission in the affiliated colleges of Punjab Technical University.
For getting an opportunity to begin you career as an engineer you need to fill up the application forms.
Details regarding application forms
Similar to other engineering entrance test the application forms for this examination is also published on the university website. Are you going to take admission in B.Tech courses offered university then you need to go through the below sections.
- Candidates who want to sit for the exam need to keep a check on the official website of PTU as application forms are circulated on the site.
- After you log in into the website you will find forms which you need to fill up.
- The forms should contain areas where you can upload your photographs. Both the photographs as well as signature should meet the requirements.
- Once you complete with the form fill up procedure next you have to pay the fees via online medium or also by DD.
- If you are making payments via online then you have to pay an amount of rupees 550 and for DD payers it will be 600.
- Candidates should make sure that the amount should be paid to the registrar of PTU.
- It is mandatory to take out the printed copy of the form as it is important to be presented before the university for cross checking.
What are the eligibility criteria?
A set of eligibility criteria has been specified for the candidates who are aspiring for course in the Punjab Technical University. Eligibility criteria are formulated for selecting only the eligible ones. You can check the eligibility criteria for knowing whether you can take part in this exam or not.
- The first criterion is that the student has to successfully appear in their 10+2 exam from a renowned board.
- If you have successfully appeared in your 10+2 still you cannot get admission until and unless you have appeared in JEE Main.
- Application is liable to be cancelled in case a candidate has not given JEE Main.
- For those who resides in Punjab will have greater chances as 85% seat is booked for them.
- Mathematics and Physics should be compulsory subject in 10+2 otherwise a student cannot sit for the exam.
- Alongside Physics and Mathematics, Chemistry or Biotechnology or Computer Science should be optional subjects.
- Candidates who have already completed their diploma in engineering for a recognised university are also found to be eligible for this exam.
Structure of the question paper
The question paper pattern needs to be checked by the aspirants so that they are able to gain adequate knowledge regarding the questions that are to be asked in the PTU CET. Students need not to worry as pattern are same as that of JEE Main.
The syllabus which is specified for PTU CET is completely based on N.C.E.R.T syllabus. Mode of exam will be online and students have to answer objective type questions. For each question four options will be given. The question papers will be in a single language which is English.
In fact applicant will be given a chance to get directly admitted in B.Tech or B.Pharma courses if they are able to get good score in JEE Main.
Have a look at the below mentioned dates that are related to the issue of application forms, admit cards, exam dates and other significant dates that are considered to be essential in the life of a PTU CET aspirant.
|Application forms||April 2021|
|Last day of form submission||May 2021|
Some frequently asked questions:
Q1) I am facing problems while submitting fees online so what shall I do?
Ans. If you are facing problems while submitting online fees then you can drop an email on [email protected]
Q2) How much seat is allotted to the candidates who belong to Punjab?
Ans. The candidates belonging from Punjab will be given 85% seat.
Q3) Actually I have failed in chemistry in my 12th board but I have score good marks in mathematics so am I eligible for PTU CET?
Ans. No, you are not eligible.
GATE is a national level engineering entrance test which is organised by the IIT Madras. There are certain changes made in the paper of the exam as a new paper on statistics has been introduced. Those who have competed their graduation in engineering can sit for this exam because GATE can sure to open new avenues for you. It is only meant for obtaining post graduation degree.
The scores that will be given to you have a validity of 3 years. This indicates towards the fact that one can get scope of getting admission in masters program within the period of three years.
If you have successfully completed your B.Tech then you can appear for GATE. For getting complete information about the exam you can check out this section of the study.
Applying for GATE
Those who are going to sit for the GATE 2021 can get their application forms online from September, 2019. The GATE application processing system is the body which handles the application procedures. There are basically three steps for filling up and submission of application and these are specified below:
- At first the examinees are required to register for the exam with the help of GOAP. Registration can be done by filling up personal details.
- As soon as the registration process gets completed you will receive an enrolment number. You have to give a password for future purposes.
- Next, the candidates have to fill up the application form by giving relevant details.
- Candidates are required to specify name of paper and also the exam centre.
- Scanned signature and images are to be uploaded. In case you belong from SC/ST categories then you need to upload adequate certificates.
- Students have to pay their application fees through debit or credit card.
- After making payments the forms are to be submitted.
The fee structure has been specified on the basis of certain categories. You can check it out in the section given in tabular format below:
|Different categories||Fees(within September, 21, 2019)||Fees(22september-31october , 2019)|
|Female or SC/ST or PwD||750||1250|
|Students belonging from Singapore or Dubai||US$100||US$120|
|International students(Dhaka, Colombo, Addis)||US$50||US$70|
Details regarding Eligibility criteria
The applicants have to fulfil eligibility criteria for appearing for GATE. The criteria have been based on three parameters which include nationality, age and educational qualification.
- There is no such age bar pertaining to the candidates of GATE.
- Along with age there are no restrictions on nationality too. Students who belong from Singapore, Nepal, Bangladesh or any other international location are held as eligible.
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s degree from a reputed university with science subject.
- GATE has no specific marks limit and so whosoever has completed their B.Tech can apply for GATE.
Know the exam pattern
If you want to prepare yourself for GATE then it is quite important to get a clear cut view of the question patterns. This might help you to obtain good marks. As there is a huge competition in this entrance test so you need to work hard.
The exam pattern gives you a clear understanding about the nature of question, number of question and other details. GATE like any other engineering exam is conducted online and it is for three hours. There are almost 24 papers in the exam. Questions will have two sections and these sections include general aptitude and the other section is purely based on your choice.
The questions will be in the form of numerical answer type as well as in the form of multiple choices. If you ask that what will be the main aspect of these questions then the answer will be to check comprehension, recall, analysis, and application and synthesize capabilities in a students.
What about the syllabus?
This is perhaps the question hovering around a GATE aspirant’s mind. GATE is a post graduate level exam so the syllabus will be same as bachelor’s course. Students can check out the website for gathering information about the topics that are covered in the syllabus.
As there will be papers for varied group of master’s program so it is not possible to mention about each of the course in this study. However, one need to go through the official website for getting complete detail regarding the paper which a student has applied for. The section which is given on general aptitude will be same for all the papers.
Significant events to be remembered
Candidates who are going to appear for the GATE 2021 can have a look at the given below list of important events like date of issue of admit cards, form fill up, exam day and other important dates that are strictly to be memorized.
|Commencement of registration||September,2020|
|Issue of notification of GATE||July, 2020|
|Examination day||February, 2021|
|Admit card publication||January 2021|
Know some frequently asked questions
Q1) Do I need to upload any degree certificate?
Ans. Yes you have to upload any of the certificates like professional certificate, degree certificate, provisional certificate or course completion certificate.
Q2) What is the minimum age limit or percentage that will qualify me for GATE?
Ans. There is no such qualifying marks or age required to sit for GATE.
Q3) Can I fill multiple application forms for GATE?
Ans. No, a candidate can only fill up single form for the exam paper.
Q4) How can I check about my application status?
Ans. You need to find out the status of your application by login to GOAPS. There will be status mentioned like has defects or under scrutiny or accepted.
9 MH CET
MH CET is organised by the government of state of Maharashtra for allowing student to get admitted in the engineering courses. Candidates who are able to clear this exam can become eligible to take admissions in the top engineering institutes of Maharashtra. This section of the study will give you wide range knowledge on the details of application forms, exam pattern, syllabus and other details that can sound helpful for the MH CET aspirants.
Ways to apply
If you are an engineering aspirant then you need to know about the ways to apply for the MH CET. The first step towards applying for the exam is filling up of the application forms. Candidates have to first obtain the application forms that are available at the official website of MH CET.
The aspirants can take a look at the below mentioned section for getting adequate details regarding the procedures for filling up of the application forms.
- Application forms will be generated by the authorities on the website and students have to login to the home page for obtaining the application form.
- At first the candidates are required to register their name and try to get confirmation by visiting the website.
- In case your registration is not confirmed you will not be able to fill up the form.
- Aspirants have to keep a close eye on the website for getting information about the issue of the forms.
- Most probably the forms will be generated from 2nd week of February.
- One can get a chance of filling up the forms till 4th week of March.
- It is to be ensured by the candidates that they are able to give proper details in the forms.
- After completing form fill up process the aspirants have to upload their scanned photographs along with signatures.
How much is the application fee?
The application fee has to be paid to the authorities after completing form fill up and uploading photographs. Until and unless you submit your fees you cannot get confirmation for your forms. Candidates can check out the fees structure for application forms in the below mentioned points.
- Fee is to be paid only via online medium.
- Those who try to send offline fees it will not be accepted.
- Candidates cannot get any refund for the fees.
- There is a categorical division of the application fees and it is mentioned below in a tabular format.
|Candidates who belong to backward classes like SC/ST||600|
|For the migrant candidates or candidates who are from Maharashtra, outside the state or J and K migrant||800|
Know the eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria can enable a student to get confirmation for their seats in a particular exam. An aspirant should not begin with the form fill up processes until and unless they go through the eligibility criteria. If you ask that how this criteria is set? Well, there are no such strict guidelines for setting up of eligibility criteria, however, there are some common parameters established and these include nationality, educational qualification and age.
Have a look at the following eligibility parameters.
- Candidate should belong from any state of India.
- An aspirant can belong from any age group as there is no such restriction put on age.
- Those who have passed out their 12th exam with Mathematics and Physics and Had Chemistry or Biology or any vocational subjects are considered to be eligible for appearing in MH CET.
- The last qualifying exam should be 10+2 and that to from a recognized board.
Outline of the exam paper
One of the major reasons for the failure of students in cracking an exam is because they are unable to get a clear cut outline of the exam pattern in advance. Are you going to sit for MH CET? Probably, you do not have any idea about the question patterns. If yes, then don’t worry because you can get complete knowledge of the exam pattern in a nutshell.
- MH CET unlike other engineering entrance test will be conducted via offline mode.
- Student will get almost 90 minutes to complete the paper.
- The question paper will be divided into three sections and all these three sections will carry 100 marks.
- Questions will be published in three languages which include Marathi, English and Urdu.
- There will be total 10 questions based on class 12th syllabus and 40 questions will be from 11th syllabus.
- There will be negative marking and so one mark will be deducted for the incorrect answers whereas one mark will be allotted or each of the correct answers.
- Syllabus is completely based on the one specified by the Maharashtra board of secondary education.
Get informed regarding the syllabus
Those who have appeared for their 10+2 from Maharashtra board will find it quite easier to complete the syllabus. The reason being the syllabus of the exam will be completely based on the state board only. Questions will be based on both 11th and 12th syllabus.
There are certain segregation made in the syllabus by the authorities and this is in the form of question that is to be asked from 12th and 11th standard. Students can confirm to get at least 20% of their syllabus on their 11th class and 80% on their 12th standard. So, it can be discerned that examinees have to put maximum focus on their 12th syllabus. If you ask about the difficulty levels then it can be said that it is equivalent to that of NEET or JEE Main.
Note down some events
There are some events which hold immense importance in the life of an examinee because these events can help the examinees to appear in the exam successfully. The aspirants can check out the dates and the events and try to memorize it.
|Know the events||Dates|
|Issue of Application forms||February 2021|
|Exam||Week, 2, May 2021|
|Application forms(last day)||Week, 4, March 2021|
|Release of admit cards||Week, 4, April 2021|
|Result declaration||Week, 1, June 2021|
One should confirm these dates before appearing for the exam. These dates are tentative and may subject to change. So, students need to go through the websites once for rechecking any change in the schedule.
Some frequently asked questions:
Q1) I have made some mistakes in my application form so can I get a chance to edit it?
Ans. If the authority circulates correction forms then only you can get a chance of editing.
Q2) Are offline modes available for paying application fees?
Ans. No, you have to use online payment mode only.
Q3) I am not a resident of Maharashtra so can I get a chance to appear in this exam?
Ans. Yes, you can get a chance for appearing in the exam.
Q4) What are the courses that I can opt for after successfully appearing in MH CET?
Ans. After passing MH CET you can get admission in pharmacy as well as engineering courses.
10 CUSAT CAT
CUSAT CAT is a university level exam and it is conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. Candidates who have recently appeared in their 12th board with PCM subject combination and are looking for engineering courses can take part in this exam. In fact candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in engineering can take admission in master courses.
If you see your future as an eminent engineer then you can sit for this exam. Before applying you can get an idea about this exam in detail in this section.
Get registered for CUSAT CAT
There are certain steps that will finally take you closer to the exam. The university has set certain criteria for conducting the pre-exam procedures in a more efficient manner. There are mainly three steps that are to be completed which include registration, form fill up and fee submission.
- The first step that is to be taken is registering name and other relevant details for the exam.
- Once you register your name in the official website you will obtain a user id and password. After completion of the registration process the candidates will receive an OTP.
- Next, a candidate has to begin with the filling up of forms. For obtaining the application forms a candidate is required to login to the website by using the user id which is received at the time of registration.
- Once you get the form start filling it up. One needs to complete the forms and check it thoroughly so that any inadequacies can be eliminated.
- The application form will contain simple detail like personal detail, educational qualification and the communication specifications.
- After filling up the forms the applicants should upload their recent passport size coloured photographs.
- The photographs and signatures should be uploaded based on the specifications provided in the application forms.
- Application procedure will not get completed until and unless you pay the application fees. Fee structure has been set as per categories and you can have a look at the below mentioned table.
Guidelines for eligibility levels
The eligibility criteria have been confirmed by the university so that they are able to admit only the quality candidates. Every year thousands and thousands of students appear for the exam and therefore criteria can able to filter out the ineligible ones.
Students who are about to proceed with the application procedure should look at the eligibility criteria before completing further procedures. This is because in case your edibility criteria does not matches with that of the criteria set by the university your application forms will be cancelled.
Criteria for UG courses:
- The students who are going to fill up their forms for participating in graduation programs need to complete their 12th board.
- Students need to secure at least 45% marks in their PCM subjects.
- For those who have applied for B.Com LLB have to obtain 60% marks in their 12th exam with science stream. In case students have commerce or arts stream then the minimum passing criteria will be 55%.
- The aspirant should belong from the age group of 20 for getting qualified as an examinee of CUSAT CAT.
Criteria for the Keralites:
- If a candidate belongs from the backward communities of Kerala like SC or ST then they are held eligible for the exam.
- Those who are SEBC candidate and come from non-creamy layer are going to get some relaxation of about 5% while qualifying for the qualifying marks.
PG course applicants:
- All the post graduate candidates need to have mathematics along with any science subject in their graduation level.
- The total mark that is to be obtained by them should not be lesser than 55%.
- If you are applying for this exam through GATE score then you are likely to get relaxation of at least 5%.
- The minimum mark is lower for the law students. It is 45% as specified by the university.
Details of the exam pattern
It is quite important to get a clear understanding regarding the pattern of the exam. The aspirants should keep a close eye on the patterns of the exam. Exam pattern is like a blue print which can open gates to engineering campuses of the university for you.
This section can introduce you with the question paper outlines that might allow the students to prepare for the exam accordingly.
- The exam will be taken with the help of online mode.
- The total time given to the examinees for completing their exam paper is of 3 hours.
- Similar to any other engineering exam the questions will be in the form of objective type.
- The total marks that will be obtained by the candidates for providing correct answers will be 3.
- There will be deduction of about one mark if the candidates give any wrong answer.
Syllabus for CUSAT
The candidates who are appearing for their B.Tech programs will have to go through their syllabus that was specified for the 12th boards. There will be question asked from the subjects like Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. As there will be large number of courses is availed by the students and so it is not possible to specify the syllabus for each and every PG courses. It is advised to the candidates to go through the official website of the university and get complete details regarding the syllabus.
Some important dates:
Here is a list of important events along with their dates for the aspirants.
|Registration||Week, 2, February 2021|
|Exam||April’s last week 2021|
|Last day for form submission||February’s last week 2021|
|Admit card||Week, 3, April 2021|
|Result||Week, 3, May 2021|
Know the FAQs:
Q1) Can I check status of my application?
An. Yes, you can check your application status by checking the application status section of the website.
Q2) How many times is the exam conducted?
Ans. The exam is organized only one time within a year.
Q3) Will I receive admit card by post?
Ans. No, you have to download the admit cards from the website only.
Thus, all the engineering aspirants out there might have got sufficient information regarding the engineering entrance exams that are conducted at national, state and institutional level. It is the students who have to choose an exam based on their eligibility criteria and preferred niche.