Hi readers! In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best engineering colleges in Jammu and Kashmir. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right engineering college.
A good engineering college must fare well in areas and parameters such as – quality of infrastructure, amenities, quality of faculty, rating, reviews etc. The colleges mentioned in this post fare decently in the above mentioned areas.
In this post, you will find the names of popular engineering colleges in J&K, India. Apart from the names of colleges, I’ve also covered additional details such as – list of engineering courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – all these details have been included in this post. In short, this is your one-stop-shop to know anything and everything about the present status of engineering education in Jammu and Kashmir. You may also check – list of engineering colleges in Punjab and courses other than engineering after 12th science.
Come, let us check out the list of engineering colleges in J&K now. Here it is –
List of engineering colleges in Jammu and Kashmir 2020
Here are some of the popular engineering colleges in J&K –
- IIT, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
- NIT, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- University of Kashmir, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
- Central University of Jammu, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
- Central University of Kashmir, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir
- SKUAST, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- SSM College of Engineering and Technology, Baramulla, Jammu and Kashmir
- MBS College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
- BGSBU, Rajauri, Jammu and Kashmir
- Model Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
- Islamic University of Science and Technology, Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir
Do you want to secure admission into any of the above mentioned college? If yes, here is everything you need to know about the admission process –
If you want to secure admission into a good college, you must crack relevant entrance exam. These entrance exams are carried out at State, College and National levels to facilitate merit based admission process.
Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to carry out direct or donation based admission process.
Popular engineering courses
Here are some of the popular engineering course formats in J&K –
- Diploma in Engineering
- B.E. or B.Tech.
- M.E. or M.Tech.
- PG Diploma programs
- PhD programs
Based on the academic level, the above mentioned courses can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. Based on the format of the course, the above mentioned courses can be classified into the following types – Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree.
Skilled engineers are in huge demand these days. Your academic performance, the branch you choose and the college from which you pass out – these factors too play a huge role in determining the path of your career. For example – IIT and NIT tags can help you obtain high-flying jobs.