Gwalior is a major city in the state of Madhya Pradesh. In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best engineering colleges in Gwalior. Students and parents from and around this city may make use of this guide to find the right college!
Students from Gwalior have access to three main types of engineering colleges. This classification of colleges is done on the basis of who owns and funds the college. Based on this, engineering colleges can be broadly classified into three categories –
- Government Engineering Colleges
- Aided Engineering Colleges
- Self Financed Engineering Colleges
Government colleges are very popular among students of Gwalior. Government colleges provide subsidized education to its students. How do they manage this, you may ask. Government colleges are managed and funded by the state Government. This is the main reason why they can afford to provide subsidized education to its students.
Aided colleges receive partial funding from the Government. But aided colleges are not entirely owned by the Government though. Self Financing colleges are also known as Private colleges. They are funded and operated by private charitable trusts and organizations.
In the recent past, many new colleges have spring up in the city of Gwalior. On one hand, this is a good event. Now more and more students can realize their dream of pursuing engineering course.
On the other hand, this has also eroded the quality of engineering education in the city. Many new colleges don’t satisfy certain parameters (infrastructure, faculty, placement etc). This adversely affects the career and life of students who secure admission in such colleges.
In short, you must choose your college wisely. While choosing a college, you must keep an eye on various parameters. One must secure admission only after ensuring that the college satisfies all the required parameters.
What are these parameters, you may ask. Well, there are certain factors and parameters, which can be used to gauge the quality of a college. Here are some of those notable factors and parameters –
- Quality of faculty
- Placement assistance
- Adequate infrastructure
- Accreditation and recognition
- Availability of scholarship
- Availability of amenities (lodging, canteen, internet, library etc)
- Rating and Reputation
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here they are –
List of engineering colleges in Gwalior 2021
Here are some of the popular engineering colleges in Gwalior –
- Bathesda Institute of Technology and Sciences, Gwalior
- BVM College of Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Gwalior Institute of Technology and Science, Gwalior
- Gwalior Engineering College, Gwalior
- Gwalior Institute of Information Technology, Gwalior
- Hindustan Institute of Technology, Science and Management, Gwalior
- IMT Group of Institutions, Gwalior
- Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Integral Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior
- IPS College of Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Kamalkant Institute of Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Lakshmi Narain Academy of Technology, Gwalior
- Maa Kaila Devi Institute of Information Technology, Gwalior
- Madhav Institute of Technology and Science, Gwalior
- Maharana Pratap College of Technology, Gwalior
- Malwa Institute of Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Nagaji Institute of Technology and Management, Gwalior
- NRI College of Engineering and Management, Gwalior
- Rustomji Institute of Technology, Gwalior
- Shri Krishna Institute of Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Shri Ram Institute of Information Technology, Gwalior
- Vikrant Institute of Technology and Management, Gwalior
Courses offered by engineering colleges
Most of the engineering colleges in Gwalior offer UG and PG level courses. UG stands for undergraduate and PG stands for postgraduate.
B.E. or B.Tech. course belongs to undergraduate level. Students who have passed 12th science (with specific subjects) are eligible to pursue these courses. The academic program is 4 years long.
M.E. or M.Tech. course belongs to postgraduate level. Students who have completed relevant B.E. or B.Tech. program are eligible to pursue this course. The academic program is 2 years long.
You may also check – top engineering branches in India
Here are some of the prominent branches/disciplines covered by B.E., B.Tech., M.E., and M.Tech. programs –
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- IT Engineering
- IC Engineering
- EC Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Plastics Engineering
- Food Processing and Technology
- Agricultural Engineering