Do you want to become an engineer? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best engineering colleges in Bihar, India. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right college.
In this post, you will find the names of popular engineering colleges in Bihar. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of engineering courses, their duration, eligibility criteria, admission process and career prospects.
Why choose engineering, you may ask. Skilled engineers are in huge demand these days. Depending upon the branch they choose to specialize in, they have access to Government jobs, private sector jobs and self-employment opportunities.
Yes, engineering job market has become quite saturated these days. There has been a surge in the number of engineering graduates passing out from Indian colleges in the recent years.
This trend has been a result of the increase in the number of engineering colleges across India. In short, the number of engineering graduates exceeds the number of job vacancies by a large margin.
As a result, the job market has become highly saturated. Freshers are struggling to find a job. Many of them are forced to take up low-paying jobs.
Still, graduates passing from premier engineering institutes usually have a good time. They manage to bag jobs that offer decent pay-packages.
In short, choosing the right engineering college is an important task. The type of college you choose will play an integral role in shaping your career and life.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of engineering colleges in Bihar 2020
Here are some of the best engineering colleges in Bihar –
- IIT, Patna, Bihar
- IIIT, Bhagalpur, Bihar
- NIT, Patna, Bihar
- Patna University, Patna, Bihar
- Darbhanga College of Engineering, Darbhanga, Bihar
- Bihar Agricultural University, Bhagalpur, Bihar
- CIPET, Hajipur, Bihar
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Motihari, Bihar
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna, Bihar
- Motihari College of Engineering, Motihari, Bihar
- DRPCAU, Samastipur, Bihar
- Nalanda College of Engineering, Nalanda, Bihar
- Dr CV Raman University, Patna, Bihar
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering, Bhagalpur, Bihar
- LNJPIT, Chhapra Saran, Bihar
- MIT, Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- WIT, Darbhanga, Bihar
- Bihar Institute of Silk and Textiles, Bhagalpur, Bihar
- Gaya College of Engineering, Gaya, Bihar
- College of Home Science, Samastipur, Bihar
- Birla Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
- Tirhut College of Agriculture, Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- MACET, Patna, Bihar
- Central University of South Bihar, Patna, Bihar
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
- RP Sharma Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
- Adwaita Mission Institute of Technology, Banka, Bihar
- Amity University, Patna, Bihar
- Vidya Mandir Institute of Technology, Purnea, Bihar
- Buddha Institute of Technology, Gaya, Bihar
- Patna Sahib Group of College, Vaishali, Bihar
- Moti Babu Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
- Millia Institute of Technology, Purnea, Bihar
- Sityog Institute of Technology, Aurangabad, Bihar
- CM Science College, Darbhanga, Bihar
- Vidyadaan Institute of Technology and Management, Patna, Bihar
- Shershah College of Engineering, Sasaram, Bihar
- Azmet Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar
The above list consists of both Government and private engineering colleges. These are the two main types of engineering colleges in Bihar. Govt institutes are owned and managed by the State or Central Government. Private institutes are also known as self-financing colleges. They are owned and managed by private charitable trusts and organizations.
If you want to secure admission into a good college, you must crack relevant entrance exam. For example, for securing admission into an IIT, you must crack JEE entrance exam.
Engineering entrance exams are conducted at State, College and National levels. These exams are conducted to facilitate merit based admission process.
Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam.
The colleges mentioned in this post are known to offer courses belonging to different academic levels such as – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. UG stands for undergraduate level. PG stands for postgraduate level. Doctoral Degree courses are research based programs.
Here are some of the popular engineering courses available in Bihar – B.E. or B.Tech., M.E. or M.Tech., Diploma in Engineering, PG Diploma programs, PhD programs etc.
Engineers usually have access to different types of job profiles and opportunities. Broadly speaking, they have access to Govt sector jobs, private sector jobs and self-employment opportunities.
The nature/type of job one gets depends upon the branch/area of specialization that he/she chooses. For example, civil engineers are usually hired by construction firms, infrastructure developers, NHAI, housing department (Govt) etc.