Have you passed 12th standard? Do you want to pursue a job oriented paramedical course after 12th? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve compiled a list of best diploma paramedical colleges in Kerala, India.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – list of popular diploma paramedical colleges in Kerala, courses offered and admission process. Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
Best Government Paramedical Colleges in Kerala 2020
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode
- Government Medical College, Kottayam
- Government Medical College, Thrissur
- Government Medical College, Alappuzha
- Public Health Lab, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Dental College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Dental College, Kozhikode
- Priyadarsini Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Medical College Campus, Thiruvananthapuram
Best Private Paramedical Colleges in Kerala 2020
- Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kannur
- Medical Trust Hospital, Ernakulam
- Ahalia Foundation Eye Hospital, Palakkad
- West Fort Hospital, Thrissur
- AJ Hospital, Kazhakkoottam
- Al Shifa Hospital, Perinthalmanna
- Vijaya Hospital, Kottarakkara, Kollam
- SN Trust Medical Mission, Kollam
- Comtrust Eye Hospital, Kozhikode
- Dr Somervel Memorial CSI Medical Mission, Karakonam
- Sabarigiri Institute of Allied Medical Sciences, Anchal, Kollam
- National Hospital, Kozhikode
- Moulana Hospital, Perinthalmanna
- Kaduvayil Thangal Charitable Trust, Chathanpara, Thiruvananthapuram
- KIMS, Anayara, Thiruvananthapuram
- Lourdes Hospital, Ernakulam
- Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences, Kozhikode
After completing 12th standard, students do have access to different types of paramedical programs. Based on the format of the course, these programs can be classified into the following types –
- Certification programs
- Diploma programs
- Bachelor’s Degree programs
In this post, we will focus on diploma programs and colleges offering such diploma paramedical programs. A diploma (paramedical) course is shorter than the regular Bachelor’s Degree course (in terms of duration). Moreover, the fee is relatively less. As a result, such diploma programs are quite popular among 12th passed candidates. Moreover, these diploma programs are job oriented in nature. They help develop relevant skills among students. As a result, on course completion, a candidate is able to bag an entry level job in the healthcare sector.
Let us take a close look at some of the popular diploma paramedical programs offered by the colleges listed above –
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology: This course is well known by the short name of DMLT. This program deals with medical laboratory techniques and practices. After completing this course, a candidate may work as a technician or assistant at medical labs. You may also check – list of DMLT colleges in Kerala.
Diploma in Radiology Technology: This program is well known by the short name of DRT. It deals with radiology practices, equipment and techniques. After completing this course, you will be able to find an entry level, technician or assistant at imaging centres. You may also check – list of DRT colleges in Kerala.
Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistance: This program deals with eyecare sector. The program will train you in areas such as – basics of ophthalmology practices, relevant equipment and patient care. After completing this program, you will be able to find an entry level job at eyecare institutes/establishments. You may also check – list of DOA colleges in Kerala.
Dental Mechanic Certificate: This course deals with basics of dental care. After completing this course, you will be able to find an entry level job at dental clinics. At dental care center, you will be able to assist a dentist.
Dental Hygienist Certificate: This program is well known by the short name of DHC. This program deals with the basics of dental care and hygiene.
Diploma in Operation Theater Technology: This program is well known by the short name of DOTT. After completing this course, you will be able to become an operation theater technician or assistant. You may also check – list of DOTA colleges in Kerala.
Diploma in Cardiovascular Technician: This program deals with cardiovascular equipment, technology and practices.
Diploma in Dialysis Technology: This program is well known by the short name of DDT. This diploma paramedical course deals with dialysis technology. After completing this course, a candidate may don the role of ‘dialysis technician’ at hospitals or other healthcare institutes. You may also check – list of DDT colleges in Kerala.
Selection process is made on the basis of merit list. Marks scored by a candidate in 12th board examination is taken into consideration while creating the merit list.
Minimum educational qualification required to pursue a diploma paramedical course is – passed 12th standard with PCB subjects. Eligibility criteria may vary slightly from one institute/course to another.
Paramedics form an integral part of the healthcare sector. They are usually hired by healthcare institutes such as – hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, community healthcare centers, dispensaries etc.