This article will be of help to 10th and 12th passed students. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best Diploma in Engineering courses in India.
Here, you will find everything you need to know about Diploma in Engineering courses such as – duration, eligibility, admission and career prospects.
Before heading to meat of the matter – Diploma in Engineering courses – let us check out some basic details about these programs. Here they are –
Diploma in Engineering: Basic Details
In India, Engineering courses are available in different formats. Notable formats are –
- Degree courses (B.E. or B.Tech.)
- Diploma courses
- Integrated courses (B.E./B.Tech. + M.E./M.Tech.)
- Master’s courses (M.E. or M.Tech.)
- PhD programs
Diploma in Engineering programs are job oriented in nature. Let us check out the course duration and eligibility –
Typical Diploma in Engineering course is 3 years long.
The minimum qualification required to pursue this program is – 10th and/or 12th pass.
In India, Diploma in Engineering programs are offered by Polytechnic Colleges. There exists both Government and Self Financed Polytechnic Colleges. These institutes are present in all major districts in each state of India.
Reputed institutes rely on merit marks scored by students in board exam and/or relevant entrance test. Some institutes are also known to conduct direct and donation based admission process.
Also read: Courses after 12th standard
Engineering is a very vast field. There exists many disciplines within this field. It is based on these branches that we have various Diploma in Engineering programs. Some such notable branches are –
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- IT Engineering
- IC Engineering
- EC Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Diploma in Engineering courses in India
Here are some of the notable Diploma in Engineering courses –
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Diploma in IT Engineering
- Diploma in IC Engineering
- Diploma in EC Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Aerospace Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Biotechnology Engineering
- Diploma in Plastics Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- Diploma in Power Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgy Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
After completing Diploma course, one may take up a job or go for higher studies. The best course to pursue after completing Diploma course is B.E. or B.Tech.
Using this admission process, Diploma passed students may secure admission directly into the second academic year of relevant B.E. or B.Tech. program. Admission is carried out on the basis of marks scored by students in Diploma program.