Do you want to pursue BDS course after completing 12th Science? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best dental colleges in Rajasthan, India. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right dental college.
The main aim of this post is to educate and inform readers about the present status of dental education in Rajasthan. Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – I’ve covered all these details in this post. This post will help you select the right dental college. It will simplify your dental admission process.
In this post, you will find the names of popular dental colleges in Rajasthan. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of dental courses, their duration, eligibility, scope, admission process and career prospects. You may also check the list of dental colleges in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Odisha.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of dental colleges in Rajasthan 2021
Here are some of the popular dental colleges in Rajasthan –
- AIIMS, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Government Dental College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Jodhpur Dental College and General Hospital, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Jaipur Dental College, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Dental College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Jodhpur National University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Daswani Dental College and Research Centre, Kota, Rajasthan
- Geetanjali University, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Pacific Medical University, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- NIMS University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- OPJS University, Churu, Rajasthan
- Surendra Dental College and Research Institute, Ganganagar, Rajasthan
- Mahatma Gandhi Dental College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Eklavya Dental College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Vyas Dental College and Hospital, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Maharaja Ganga Singh Dental College and Research Centre, Ganganagar, Rajasthan
- Darshan Dental College and Hospital, Udaipur, Rajasthan
The above list consists of both private and government colleges. Come, let us find out more about the different types of dental colleges.
Types of dental colleges
There exists two main types of dental colleges in Rajasthan –
- Government dental colleges
- Private dental colleges
Classification of dental colleges has been carried out on the basis of the entity that owns the college. For example – Govt dental colleges are owned by the State or Central Government. Private dental colleges are owned by private charitable trusts and organizations.
Govt dental colleges charge very low tuition fees. Private colleges, on the other hand, are known to charge relatively higher tuition fees.
Reputed dental institutes rely on merit based admission process. Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of merit marks obtained by them in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Types of dental courses
Here are some of the popular dental education programs in Rajasthan – BDS, MDS, PG Diploma programs, PhD programs etc. Based on the academic level, these courses can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. Based on the format of the course, these programs can be classified into the following types – Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree.
Dentists have access to ample amount of job opportunities. They have access to private sector jobs, Government sector jobs and self-employment opportunities. They are commonly hired by – Government dental hospitals, private dental hospitals, dental clinics, NGOs etc. They may even start their own dental clinic or hospital.