Do you want to become a dentist? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best dental colleges in Madhya Pradesh, India. Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right dental college.
In this post, you will find the names of popular dental colleges in MP, India. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of dental courses, their duration, eligibility, scope, admission process and career prospects.
Dental education is a popular choice among 12th Science PCB group students. It is not uncommon to see 12th pass students applying for BDS admission. MBBS is the most popular choice among 12th Science Biology group students. This course is followed by BDS.
Choosing the right dental college is an important task. The type of college you choose will have an impact on the path and shape of your career.
A good dental college must fare well in areas such as – infrastructure, amenities, faculty, ratings and reviews. The colleges mentioned in this post perform well in these areas.
In short, this guide will help you choose the right dental college. It will simplify your BDS or MDS admission process. You may also check – dental colleges in South India.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of dental colleges in Madhya Pradesh 2019
Here are some of the popular dental colleges in MP –
- Government College of Dentistry, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- College of Dental Science and Hospital, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Hitkarini Dental College and Hospital, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Mansarovar Dental College Hospital and Research Centre, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Modern Dental College and Research Centre, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- RKDF Dental College and Research Centre, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- LNCT Group of Colleges, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Malwanchal University, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Sri Satya Sai University of Technology and Medical Sciences, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Index Institute of Dental Sciences, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Sri Aurobindo College of Dentistry, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Rishiraj College of Dental Sciences, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- People’s University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Guru Gobind Singh College of Dental Science and Research Centre, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
The above list consists of different types of dental colleges. Come, let us find out more details about the classification of dental colleges. Here’s everything you need to know –
Types of dental colleges
Based on the entity that owns the college, dental colleges in MP can be broadly classified into the following types –
- Government dental colleges
- Private dental colleges
Govt colleges are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. These colleges charge very low tuition fees. Private colleges are managed and funded by private charitable trusts and organizations.
Let us take a closer look at the admission process now. Here’s everything you need to know –
Reputed institutes rely on merit based admission process. Under this system, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Types of dental courses
Here are some of the popular dental courses in MP – BDS, MDS and PhD programs.
The above mentioned programs fall under the following academic levels – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. Based on the course format, these courses can be classified into the following types – Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree programs.
Dentists are commonly hired by healthcare institutes such as – hospitals, dental clinics and hospitals, NGOs, nursing homes etc. They may even open their own dental clinic or dental care center.