Have you passed 12th Science? Are you all set to take part in Engineering admission process for the year 2020? If yes, this article will be of help to you! Here, I’ve listed down some of the popular University/Institute held Engineering entrance exams conducted in India.
Engineering is the most popular choice among Science stream students. Students who have passed 10+2 Science stream with relevant subjects (PCM mostly) are eligible to take part in engineering admission process.
There are two main types of engineering colleges in India –
- Government Colleges
- Self Financed Colleges
Government colleges can further be classified into two types –
- Colleges functioning under Central Government
- Colleges functioning under State Government
Self Financed colleges are usually run by trusts, education societies etc. Some SF colleges have the status of ‘Deemed University’.
Based on the above mentioned types of colleges, engineering entrance exams in India can be classified into the following types –
- National level exams
- State level exams
- Institute-Wise exams
National level exams are conducted at All-India level. These tests are used for admission into Central Government Operated colleges and/or state & private colleges.
State level exams are conducted for facilitating admission into State Government operated colleges and/or private colleges.
Some Self Financed Engineering colleges and universities are known to conduct their own entrance exam and interview. They are known as institute-wise tests. In this article, we will focus solely on these type of tests.
In order to secure admission into reputed engineering colleges, a student must crack relevant entrance test. Here are the prominent Institute-Wise engineering entrance exams in India –
Institute-Wise Exams 2020
Here are some of the most popular Institute-Wise exams in India –
- BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test)
- VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Exam)
- AEEE (Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam)
- SRM JEE (SRM Joint Entrance Examination)
- LPU NEST (Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test)
- UPES EAT (UPES Engineering Aptitude Test)
- MUOET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test)
- VITMEE (VIT Master’s Entrance Examination)
- SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- BVP CET (Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University Common Entrance Test)
- CUSAT CAT (CUSAT Common Admission Test)
- AMU (Aligarh Muslim University entrance exam)
- JNUEE (JNU Entrance Exam)
- IMU CET (Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test)
- GITAM Admission Test (GAT)
- DTU (Delhi Technological University) exam
- IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test)
- NSIT (Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology)
- NSIT (Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology) M.Tech. exam
- IIIT (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology) Delhi exam
- KEE (Karunya Entrance Examination)
- VEE (Vels Entrance Exam)
- UUEE (Uttaranchal University Entrance Examination)
- Pondicherry University exam
- NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) entrance
- PES SAT (PES Scholastic Aptitude Test)
- KIITEE (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam)
- AUEEE (Andhra University Engineering Entrance Examination)
- TMIS AT (Tolani Maritime Institute of Science Aptitude Test)
- VMU EEE (Vinayaka Mission University Engineering Entrance Examination)
- VSAT (Vignan’s Scholastic Aptitude Test)
You may also check – list of engineering entrance exams in India.