CMAT stands for Common Management Admission Test. The NTA conducts this exam each year. In this post, we will have an in-depth analysis of CMAT 2021 application process.
Article Overview and Contents
In this post, readers will find the following details – CMAT application form (dates and details), registration process (step by step guide), documents required and application fee. In short, this post contains all the important details that you need to know about CMAT application process.
Come, let us take a quick look at CMA application process overview:
|Name of entrance exam:||CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)|
|Level:||National (conducted by the NTA)|
|Mode of application process:||Online|
CMAT is a popular management entrance test in India. The main aim of this test is to facilitate admission into PG level management programs (such as – MBA). The NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts this test each year.
Our guide consists of the following sections –
- Section 1: Important dates related to the application process
- Section 2: Documents required
- Section 3: Step by step registration process
- Section 4: Application fee
- Section 5: General instructions
Come, let us check out section 1 –
|Application form to be issued on:||1st week of November, 2020|
|Last date to apply online:||4th week of November or 1st week of December, 2020|
|Admit card to be issued on:||4th week of December, 2020|
As soon as the online application process begins, candidates will be able to find the link on the official website of the NTA. They may access the website and fill up the application form online. Application fee can be paid online too!
While filling up the form online, candidates are required to provide the following details – personal details, academic details and upload relevant documents. Only application forms from eligible candidates will be entertained by the NTA.
CMAT application process can be divided into the following sections –
- Registration process: Obtain application number and password
- Form-filling: Fill up the application form
- Uploading relevant documents
- Payment of application fee
Once the above stages are dealt with, candidates may submit the filled application form and obtain a printout of the same! Come, let us take a closer look at the entire application process –
CMAT 2021 Application Process
The first step is – registration. If you have not registered for CMAT 2021, you may register as a new user. If you have already registered, you may login using your credentials and fill up the application form. Let us check out the registration process –
CMAT 2021 Registration
- Visit the official website of CMAT (cmat.nta.ac.in).
- Search for new registration link and click on it.
- Register by providing details such as – name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, email id, mobile number, address, date of birth etc.
- Enter a strong password and security question.
- Enter the security pin and click on submit button.
- The system will generate your application number.
CMAT 2021 Form-Filling
- Access the website and login using your credentials (application number and password).
- Open the application form and fill it up (enter details like personal details, academic details, exam center etc).
- Enter the security pin/captcha code and click on submit button.
- Preview your application form and check for mistakes.
- Click on ‘I agree’ button and submit the application form.
- Upload scanned image of candidate’s passport size photograph and signature specimen.
- Pay the application fee online (through credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI or payment gateways).
- Download the conformation page and take printout for further use/reference.
While filling up the application form, candidates are required to enter the following details –
- Personal details (name of the candidate, DoB, address, contact details etc).
- Academic details
- Category details
- Scanned documents
- And more…
In order to simplify form-filling process, candidates may keep certain documents ready. Having these documents ready will help you enter details quickly and accurately. Come, let us check out the list of documents required –
Important documents/certificates/things required
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Academic certificates
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned documents
Guidelines for scanned images
Upload your lates passport size photograph. Color/black and white – you may upload any one of these. The photo must be clear though. Signature has to be done on white paper. The scanned signature specimen must be clear and legible.
CMAT 2021 Application Fee
|General||1600 INR for male applicants & 1000 INR for female applicants|
|General – EWS & OBC||1000 INR for male and female applicants|
|SC/ST/PwD||800 INR for male candidates and 700 INR for female candidates|
Here are some general instructions for applicants –
- Make sure that you are eligible to apply (before filling the application form).
- Fill up and submit the application form before the deadline.
- Fill up the application for correctly. Revise it before submitting.
- Enter a valid email id while registering.
- Enter a working mobile number while registering.
- Keep necessary documents ready while filling up the form.
- Make sure that scanned documents adhere to the guidelines set by the authorities.
- Download and save the confirmation page.
- Take printout of the confirmation page for further use/reference.