In this article, we will have an in-depth analysis of BBA in Event Management course. It is a job oriented management course. This article covers topics such as – course details, duration, eligibility, admissions, colleges, syllabus, PG courses, careers and salary.
BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Management. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree program.
However, there also exists certain BBA programs, which focus on a particular field/discipline. Such BBA courses are known as specialization programs.
BBA in Event Management is one such specialization course. This program focuses on the domain of event management.
BBA in Event Management course covers general management subjects. Along with them, the course also covers subjects related to the field of event management and planning.
Here’s an overview of BBA in Event Management course –
- Name of the course: BBA in Event Management
- Type of course: Bachelor’s Degree course
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from a recognized board
Come, let us check out some basic details about event management. Here they are –
BBA in Event Management: Basic Details
Event Management is all about using management skills to plan, develop, organize and market events. There are various types of events that students will be trained to deal with, such as- sports events, corporate events, conferences, exhibitions, fairs, concerts, family functions etc. This BBA program trains students to plan and organize such events.
The duties of an event manager includes-
- Getting an idea about the type of event that the client wants
- Use creative prowess and plan the event
- Deal with personnel required to successfully host the event, like- caterers, security personnel, artists, VIPs etc
- Purchase materials that are required to host the event, like- sound system, lighting system, utensils, generators, tent making materials (depends on the event) etc
- Find and fix the ideal place to host the event. It could be at places like- auditoriums, parks, school grounds, indoor stadiums etc
- Keep a check on the expenses and see that the costs do not exceed the budget
- Keep in touch with the client during the planning and execution phase, get their feedback and work on it
- Deal with the legal aspects related to hosting an event, like- obtaining police permission, preparing agreements with caterers, security personnel and other such involved parties, security arrangements, dealing with the Civic bodies and obtaining permission from them etc
Some basic skills imparted as part of the course are- finance and accounting skills, communication skills, human resource management, event marketing, public relations, technical aspects of the event, branding aspects etc.
BBA in Event Management course trains students in the above mentioned areas. The course trains students and turns them into skilled event managers and planners.
Let us take a closer look at the course details. Here they are –
BBA in Event Management: Course Details
Type of course
It is a Bachelor’s Degree course.
The academic program is 3 years long. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. The entire program consists of six semesters.
Passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
BBA in Event Management Colleges
There exists many Government and Private colleges across India offering this course. Government colleges charge relatively lower fees than their private counterparts.
BBA in Event Management Admission
Reputed institutes rely on merit based admission process. Such institutes make use of relevant entrance test to select deserving candidates. Some institutes are also known to conduct their own qualifying test in order to select deserving candidates.
Some other institutes are also known to conduct direct as well as donation based admission process.
BBA in Event Management Syllabus
Here are some of the important subjects present in the curriculum –
- Corporate Communication
- Communication Skills
- Basics of Event Management
- Basics of PR
- Event Planning
- Event Production Process
- Organizational Behaviors
- IT and Computer Education
- Event Advertising
- Event Promotion
- HR Management
- Finance Management
- Staff Management
- Types of major events
- Legal Aspects related to Event Management
- Safety Management
- Hospitality Management
- Brand Management
- Media Management
PG courses and further education
After completing BBA in Event Management course, graduates may go for relevant PG courses such as –
- MBA in Event Management or other relevant MBA program
- PG Diploma courses
- PG Certificate courses
BBA in Event Management Jobs
After the BBA program, Graduates have three options available in front of them- start up own company/venture or join an Event Management firm or go for higher studies (MBA). Qualified event management professionals are in demand these days and are recruited by event management companies big and small.
So, by being part of such a company, Graduates may get opportunity to be a part of the team that manages events like- Corporate Events, Seminars, Fashion Shows, Product Launches, Press Meetings, Concerts, Award Ceremonies, Exhibitions, Weddings, Family events, Birthday parties, Adventure tours and events etc.
Graduates may find job posts such as- Assistant Manager, Manager, Safety Manager, Hospitality Executive, Travel Manager, PR Executive, Marketing Manager, Staff Manager etc in such event management firms. Some common job posts and opportunities available are-
- Event Coordinator
- Celebrity Manager
- Logistics Management Expert
- Creative Director (Events)
- Finance Manager
- Event Planner
- Resource Purchase Manager
- Event Manager/Assistant Manager
- Brand Management Professional
- Marketing Manager
- Hospitality Manager
BBA in Event Management Salary
Starting salary of an event manager or planner depends upon a number of factors. Some of the prominent factors are –
- Institute from which the candidate completed the course
- Level of education (UG, PG etc)
- His/her specialization
- The domain he/she has chosen
- Job location
On an average, starting salary could be anywhere between 10-25K INR per month. In case of a Government job, the salary will be as per the pay scale and grade.