Have you passed 12th class (Arts, Commerce or Science)? Do you want to pursue a job oriented vocational training course? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the bets B.Voc. colleges in Punjab. Students from Punjab and its neighboring states will benefit from this post. This post will help you choose the right college.
Why is choosing the right college such an important task, you may ask. The quality of the college you choose will have a telling impact on the path of your career. Studying in reputed colleges will help you in many ways.
A good college can be identified by looking at factors such as – infrastructure, faculty, other amenities, rating, reviews etc. Before securing admission into any B.Voc. college, you must give attention to these factors.
In this post, you will find the names of popular B.Voc. colleges in Punjab. Apart from that, you will also find the list of B.Voc. courses, their duration, eligibility, entry options, exit options and admission process.
What is B.Voc. course all about? What is it like to pursue this course? Will I get a good job after completing this course? You will find answers to these questions in the next section –
What is B.Voc. course all about?
B.Voc. stands for Bachelor of Vocation. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree course. Technically, it is a vocational training program. Here’s a quick overview of the academic program –
|Name of the course||B.Voc. (Bachelor of Vocation)|
|Type of course||Vocational training course|
|Eligibility||12th pass or equivalent qualification|
The academic program is three years long. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. Each semester is six months long. The entire program thus consists of six semesters.
Since it is an undergraduate level course, 12th pass students are eligible to pursue this course. This program offers multiple entry and exit options for its students. For example – ITI qualification holders, technicians and professionals with adequate work experience may choose to join the program at a later stage through relaxed entry options.
Similarly, candidates may choose to quit the program in between and still walk away with a qualification/certificate! If a student chooses to quit the program after completing one year, he/she will obtain a Diploma certificate. If a student chooses to quit the program after completing two years, he/she will obtain an Advanced Diploma certificate.
At its core, B.Voc. is a vocational training program. The main aim of this course is to develop industry-specific skills in students. Skill development can’t just be achieved through classroom lectures. Practical knowledge and training is necessary to acquire these skills. This is the main reason why the B.Voc. curriculum incorporates ample amount of practical training sessions.
This program was introduced by the UGC. It was done with the aim of improving vocational education system in India.
List of B.Voc. Colleges in Punjab 2020
Here are some of the popular B.Voc. Colleges in Punjab –
- AS College, Ludhiana, Punjab
- Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, Punjab
- BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar, Punjab
- Doaba College, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Guru Nanak College, Mansa, Punjab
- Duru Nanak Dev University, Tarn Taran, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Dev University College, Amritsar, Punjab
- Hans Raj Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Kamala Nehru College for Women, Kapurthala, Punjab
- Khalsa College for Women, Amritsar, Punjab
- Lyallpur Khalsa College, Jalandhar, Punjab
- Mata Gujri College, Punjab
- Amar Shaheed Baba Ajit Singh Jujhar Singh Memorial College, Ropar, Punjab
- GHG Khalsa College, Ludhiana, Punjab
- MM Modi College, Patiala, Punjab
- SD Arya Mahila College, Gurdaspur, Punjab
- Shri Guru Tegbahadur Khalsa College, Anandpur Sahib, Punjab
Admission process may vary from one institute to another. Most colleges prefer merit based admission process. Under this system, a candidate’s performance in board exam and/or relevant selection exam is taken into consideration. Some other colleges are known to conduct direct as well as donation based admission process.
List of B.Voc. courses
- B.Voc. Apparel Design
- B.Voc. Automobile
- B.Voc. Food Processing
- B.Voc. Dairy Technology
- B.Voc. Renewable Energy
- B.Voc. Healthcare Management
- B.Voc. Fashion Design
- B.Voc. Digital Media & Animation
- B.Voc. Textile Design
- B.Voc. Interior Design
- B.Voc. Travel & Tourism
- B.Voc. Software Development
- B.Voc. Agriculture
- B.Voc. Visual Media & Filmmaking
- B.Voc. Rubber Technology
- B.Voc. Retail Management
- B.Voc. Product Design
- B.Voc. Jewellery Design
- B.Voc. Beauty Therapy & Aesthetics
- B.Voc. Hotel Management
- B.Voc. Banking & Finance
- B.Voc. Medical Lab Technology
- B.Voc. Journalism & Mass Communication
- B.Voc. Photography
- B.Voc. Patient Care Management
- B.Voc. Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Voc. Hardware & Networking
- B.Voc. Information Technology
- B.Voc. Modern Office Practice
- B.Voc. Import & Export Management
- B.Voc. E-Commerce & Digital Marketing
- B.Voc. Radio Production
- B.Voc. Sales & Marketing
PG courses and further studies
After completing B.Voc., graduates may go for relevant M.Voc. program. Apart from that, they also have access to advanced diploma and certification programs.
After completing B.Voc. course, you will be able to find a job belonging to that particular sector/industry/domain. For example, after completing B.Voc. Web Design course, you will be hired by web design firms, digital marketing agencies, IT firms etc. In short, the course you choose will play an integral role in determining the path of your career.