Do you want to become a Doctor (Ayurveda)? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best ayurveda colleges in Uttar Pradesh. This post will be of help to BAMS aspirants.
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery. It is the most popular ayurveda education program in UP. In this post, you will find the names of popular BAMS colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional details such as – list of ayurveda courses, their duration, eligibility, admission process, scope and career prospects. In short, you will find almost all the important details that you need to know about ayurveda education in this post. Colleges, courses, career prospects – I’ve covered everything in this post.
Both students and parents may use this guide to find the right ayurveda college. This post will simplify your BAMS admission and college selection process.
Let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of ayurveda colleges in Uttar Pradesh 2020
Here are some of the popular ayurveda colleges in Uttar Pradesh –
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
- State Ayurvedic College and Hospital, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Ayurvedic College and Hospital, Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwa Vidyalaya, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Vaidya Yagya Dutt Sharma Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Khurja, Uttar Pradesh
- Major SD Singh PG Ayurvedic Medical College, Farrukhabad, Uttar Pradesh
- JD Ayurvedic PG Medical College and Hospital, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Santushti College of Medical and Higher Studies, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Aligarh Unani PG and Ayurvedic Medical College, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic Medical College, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
The above list consists of different types of ayurveda colleges. Let us take a closer look at the classification of colleges.
Types of ayurveda colleges
There exists two main types of ayurveda colleges in Uttar Pradesh –
- Government ayurveda colleges
- Private ayurveda colleges
Government colleges, as the name suggests, are managed and funded by the State Government. The Government takes care of aspects such as – administration, funding, recruitment and admission. These colleges charge low tuition fees.
Private colleges are also known as self-financing institutes. They are managed by private charitable trusts and organizations. These colleges charge relatively higher tuition fees.
In order to obtain a Government or merit seat, you must crack relevant entrance exam. Under merit based admission process, a merit list of formed by the authorities. This list is prepared on the basis of merit marks scored by students in relevant entrance exam and/or board exam.
Seats are allotted to deserving candidates on the basis of their position in merit list. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
List of ayurveda courses
Here are some of the popular ayurveda courses available in Uttar Pradesh –
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree course. The academic program is 5½ years long. One year of the academic program is dedicated towards compulsory internship stint.
After completing BAMS, graduates may go for Master’s Degree in Ayurveda. Apart from that, they may also go for PG Diploma and PG Certificate programs related to ayurveda.
Career prospects and scope
Ayurveda Doctors have access to different types of job profiles and opportunities. They have access to Government and private sector jobs. They may even choose the path of self-employment.
Ayurveda hospitals, clinics, ayurveda treatment centers, ayurveda vaidyashalas – these are some of the prime recruiters. One may even start his/her own ayurveda practice. You may also check the list of ayurveda colleges in Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha and Gujarat.