B.Arch. is the most popular architecture course in Uttar Pradesh. Are you interested in B.Arch. admission process? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best architecture colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
In this post, you will find the names of popular architecture colleges in UP. Other than that, you will also find other details such as – list of architecture courses, duration, eligibility, admission process and more.
You will find almost all the important details that you need to know about architecture education in this post. This post will help you find the right college. It will simplify your B.Arch. admission process.
Architecture is a popular choice among 12th Science PCM students. When it comes to admission statistics, engineering (B.E./B.Tech.) is the academic program that attracts most applications. After engineering comes courses such as architecture, pharmacy, B.Sc. etc.
Architecture colleges, courses, admission process, career prospects – I’ve covered all these topics in this post. Come, let us check out the different types of architecture colleges in UP. Here it is –
Types of architecture colleges in UP
Architecture colleges in UP can be classified into three main types. This classification is done on the basis of the body that governs the college/institute. Here are the different types of architecture colleges in Uttar Pradesh –
- Government architecture colleges
- Private architecture colleges
- Aided architecture colleges
Government colleges are looked after by the State Government or Central Government. They charge low tuition fees. Due to this reason, Govt institutes are popular among applicants.
Private architecture colleges are run by private charitable trusts and organizations. Aided colleges are private institutes. But they receive partial funding and support from the Government.
Let us check out the list of colleges. Here it is –
List of architecture colleges in Uttar Pradesh 2021
Here are some of the popular architecture colleges in Uttar Pradesh –
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
- Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Amity University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Zakir Hussain College of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Axis Institute of Architecture, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- GL Bajaj School of Architecture, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- Monad University, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh
- Babu Banarasi Das University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- MET Faculty of Architecture, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Sunder Deep College of Architecture, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Integral University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Anand Engineering College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Ideal Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Teerthankar Mahaveer University, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Sharda University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Brahmanand Group of Institutions, Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh
- Ishan Institute of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- SRMU, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Sanskar Educational Group, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- IIMT University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Noida International University, Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh
- RR Institute of Modern Technology, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Purvanchal Institute of Architecture and Design, Jhunjhunu, Uttar Pradesh
- Raja Balwant Singh Technical Campus, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Apeejay Institute of Technology, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Axis Colleges, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Ram Group of Colleges, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh
- NCR Technical Campus, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- SBBIA, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Invertis University Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Khandelwal College of Management Science and Technology, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
- Accurate Institute of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- FDCA, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- JMS Group of Institutions, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh
Let us check out the admission process now. Here’s everything you need to know about it –
Architecture entrance exams and conducted at State, College and National levels each year. Reputed institutes follow merit based admission process. If you want to bag a merit or Govt seat, you must crack relevant architecture entrance exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based admission process.
Popular architecture courses
Here are some of the popular architecture courses in UP –
Diploma in Architectural Assistantship is a Diploma certificate program. Students who have passed 10th class are eligible to pursue this course. The training program is 3 years long.
B.Arch. is the most popular architecture course in India. It stands for Bachelor of Architecture. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree course. Students who have passed 12th class with PCM subjects are eligible to apply for admission.
M.Arch. is a Master’s Degree course. Students who have completed B.Arch. are eligible to apply for admission. The academic program is 2 years long. It is a PG level course. M.Arch. and PG Diploma programs can help you specialize in sub-branches of architecture. For example, after completing M.Arch. Landscape Design course, you may specialize in that area of architecture.
Yes, B.Arch. may be the most popular architecture course in UP. But there exists other architecture programs too! These academic programs can be classified into different types.
Based on the academic level, these courses can be categorized into the following types –
- Doctoral Degree
Based on the course format, these courses can be classified into the following types –
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- PG Diploma
- Master of Design
- PG Certification
Career Prospects and Scope
Architects have access to Government sector jobs and private sector jobs. They even have access to self-employment opportunities. Government sector recruiters include – urban planning bodies, town planning bodies, housing boards, municipal corporations etc. You may also check the list of relevant institutes in Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
Private sector recruiters include – architecture firms, design studios, architecture consultancies, real estate consultancies, construction firms etc. If you are interested in self-employment, you may start your own architecture studio, consultancy or firm.