Architecture is a very popular choice among 12th Science pass students. In this post, I’ve listed down some of the best Architecture colleges in Karnataka.
In this post, you will find the names of popular, reputed and highly rated architecture colleges in Karnataka. Apart from that, I’ve also provided relevant information such as – list of architecture courses, academic levels associated with architecture education, types of architecture colleges and admission process.
Architecture: More about this profession
Architecture is a well rewarding profession. Skilled architects are in huge demand in India.
In order to become an architect in India, you must possess certain academic qualifications and certifications. If you want to become an architect, you must pursue and complete relevant architecture course.
Creativity is a huge asset in this profession. If you have a creative mind, you may thrive in this field and earn respect and monetary rewards. Apart from creativity, one must also possess sound technical knowledge, planning skills, communication skills and project management skills, in order to succeed in this field.
Architects have access to different job profiles and setups. They may find work at a regular office setup or start their own venture. In short, this profession offers ample amount of job and self-employment opportunities.
Architecture studios, agencies, consultancies, construction firms – these are the prime recruiters. If you are interested in self-employment, you may start your own architecture agency, design studio or consultancy.
Before heading to the meat of the matter – list of architecture colleges in Karnataka – let us check out some basic details about architecture courses available in India –
Architecture courses: Basic details
Architecture courses available in India can be classified on the basis of academic levels as well as course format. Let us check out the different academic levels first. Here they are –
UG level stands for undergraduate level. Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree courses fall under this category.
PG level stands for postgraduate level. Master’s Degree, PG Diploma and PG Certificate courses fall under this category.
Doctoral Degree level
This is an advanced level. Research oriented programs such as M.Phil. and PhD fall under this category.
Let us check out the different course formats now. Here they are –
Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
This is a Diploma certificate course. 10th pass students are eligible to pursue this course.
Bachelor of Architecture
Master of Architecture
This academic program is well known by the short name M.Arch. It is a postgraduate level course. Students who have completed B.Arch. are eligible to pursue this course.
M.Phil. and PhD
These are Doctoral Degree programs. Technically, they are research oriented programs. You may pursue these courses after completing relevant Master’s Degree course.
Let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of architecture colleges in Karnataka 2019
Here are some of the popular architecture colleges in Karnataka –
- University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore, Karnataka
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka
- KLS Gogte Institute of Technology, Belgaum, Karnataka
- VP Dr. PG Hallakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Bijapur, Karnataka
- Malik Sandal Institute of Arts and Architecture, Bijapur, Karnataka
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, Karnataka
- PDA College of Engineering, Gulbarga, Karnataka
- Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Acharya NRV School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Aakar Academy of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- BMS School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Impact School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- SJB School of Architecture and Planning, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Mysore School of Architecture, Mysore, Karnataka
- Gopalan School of Architecture and Planning, Bangalore, Karnataka
- RR School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Best School of Architecture, Tumkur, Karnataka
- Reva University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- KLE Technological University, Hubli, Karnataka
- BGS School of Architecture and Planning, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Adithya Academy of Architecture and Design, Bangalore, Karnataka
- RV College of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- CMR University School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- The Oxford School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Bearys Enviro Architecture Design School, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Centre for Architecture, Mysore, Karnataka
- HMS School of Architecture, Tumkur, Karnataka
- KS School of Architecture, Bangalore, Karnataka
- NITTE Institute of Architecture, Mangalore, Karnataka
Let us focus on admission process now. In the next section, you will learn more details about merit based, direct and donation based admission process –
Reputed architecture colleges rely on merit based admission process. They rely on architecture entrance exams to select deserving candidates. Architecture entrance exams are being carried out at National, State as well as College levels.
Some other colleges are known to conduct direct admission as well as donation based admission process.