Higher Secondary exam or 12th exam is a landmark of every student’s life. After appearing for 12th exam, the students have to choose the right options for their career. Here, most of the students get confused to think what they should do. There are lots of career options a student may choose after his 12th exam. Among all of these, AP EAMCET is a well-known examination which students choose as their next step for future career.
Article Overview and Contents
Through this examination, a student may take admission into the various degree courses like engineering, B.Tech (Agriculture engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Science and Technology etc.), B.SC (Agriculture and Horticulture), B.V. Sc, A.H, B. Pharmacy and Pharma D. etc.
Today, in this article, we are going to discuss all about the AP EAMCET examination. One should gather all the information related to what the AP EAMCET is all about, how to apply for the exam, the important dates of the exam, cut off marks as well as the syllabus and eligibility.
AP EAMCET 2021: Basic Details
AP EAMCET which means Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Test is an entrance examination for the students who want to take admission to some medical and engineering colleges in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The examination is taken by the state education board of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Presently, the examination is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. Students need to seat in the examination for taking admission in medical and engineering colleges. The results are declared after two weeks of the entrance examinations. Then the counseling process is started and students take their admissions in various medical and engineering colleges according to their merit list.
The type of the questions of this entrance examination is based on the ‘Multiple Choice Question’ (MCQ) pattern. The merit list of the examination is based on the 25% marks of the higher secondary examination and the rest 75% is based on the marks of the AP EAMCET examination. Every year, around five to six lakhs students seat for the AP EAMCET examination. All the exam procedure is conducted through a smooth process.
AP EAMCET 2021 Application
The AP EAMCET examination form will be issued from the second week of February 2021. The mode of doing application will be online only. Candidates may apply for the examination through the online mode only. Before the candidates apply for the examination, they should take all the details of their documents in hand like all the previous qualifying results and certificates, proof of age, birth and the proof of identity.
Once the online application starts, candidates have to apply for the examination gathering all the needed data. They need to pay about 450 to 600 INR as the application fees. There would an additional transaction charge upon the application fee. The candidates who want to apply both for the medical and engineering examinations need to pay the double of the exam fee. They can make the payment through their net banking/ debit or credit cards.
Though there will be a certain date for applying for the examination, the candidates may also apply after the last date with a late fine. After filling up the online application form, candidates have to take a print out of their application form. Though there will be no need to send the printed application form anywhere. They just need to keep it to themselves for the further references.
AP EAMCET 2021 Question Paper and Cut off marks
In this examination, a candidate has to answer 160 questions. All the questions will be in English or Telugu. One may translate the questions from Telugu to Urdu also. The duration of the exam will be three hours. The whole examination will be conducted through online mode. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers. All the questions will be in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) Pattern. There will be three sections of the question paper. They are made of forty physics, forty chemistry, and eighty mathematics questions.
Like all the competitive examinations, the AP EAMCET examination has its cut off marks. The students must have to get certain qualifying marks to pass the examination. It is called as cut off marks. Generally, a candidate has to get minimum 25% marks of the total number to pass for the examination. However, the rule is not applicable for the reserved categories like S.C / S.T / O.B.C.
The authority publishes a rank list according to the candidates’ marks, which they got in total. Then the candidates have to take their admission according to their rank list. The possibility of choosing the colleges and subjects is based on this rank list. The chance of getting colleges and subjects depends on this rank list. Whose rank is closer than others, gets the chance to prefer his choice first.
AP EAMCET 2021: Important dates
The important dates which are related to the AP EAMCET examination, are written below:
- 2nd week, February 2021 – Notification of the examination
- 3rd week, March 2021 – Submission of form without late fine
- 4th week, March 2021 – Submission of form with late fine of 500
- March 2021 – Mock test for the examination
- Last week, March 2021 – Correction of Application forms
- 1st week, April 2021 – Submission of form with late fine of 1000
- 2nd week, April 2021 – Submission of form with late fine of 5000
- 3rd week, April 2021 – Submission of form with late fine of 10000
- 3rd week, April 2021 – Downloading of Admit Card starts
- 4th week, April 2021 – Date of examination
- Last week, April 2021 – Preliminary key declaration
- 1st week, May 2021 – Declaration of Result with Rank list
- 2nd Week, May 2021 – Release of Rank card
- 2nd week, June 2021 – Starts of Counseling
The Candidates should follow the dates carefully. However, the dates may be changed due to unavoidable circumstances.
AP EAMCET 2021 Syllabus
There is a particular syllabus of the examination. The syllabus of the examination is written below –
There will be four main subjects, from where all the questions will arrive. The three subjects are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, in which candidates have to prepare themselves for appearing to the examination.
In Mathematics, the candidates have to attempt questions from the Algebra, Vector Algebra and Trigonometry. They also have to give answers from the chapter of Probability, Coordinate geometry and calculus.
In physics, the candidates have to attempt questions from the Thermodynamics, Physical World, Electrical Charges and Fields, Work, Energy and Power, Mechanical Properties of Fluids, Current Electricity, Laws of Motion, Motion in a Straight Line, Systems of Particular & Rotational Motion, Electromagnetic Induction, Ray Optics & Optical Instructions, Motion in a Plane, Units & Measurements, Waves, Alternating Current, Wave Optics, Oscillations, Gravitation, Semiconductor Electronics, Thermal Properties of Matter, Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance and Nuclei.
In Chemistry, the candidates have to attempt questions from the Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Environmental Chemistry, P- Block Elements, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Chemical Equilibrium and Acids-Bases, Hydrogen & its Compounds, The S-Block Elements, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Solid State, P- Block Elements Group 13 (boron family), Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques, D and F Block Elements, P-Block Elements Group 14 (carbon family), Surface Chemistry and Solutions.
Before filling up the application form, a candidate must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria. There are some criteria which a candidate must follow. The criteria of AP EAMCET are written below –
- The candidates must be a citizen of India. He/she must have a proof of Identity and proof of address which proofs he/she is an Indian citizen.
- Next, there is a limitation of age. For engineering and pharmacy courses, the candidate must have to complete a minimum 16 years as on 31st December 2021. Though there will be no upper age limitations in this case. For other courses, the candidates must have to complete a minimum 17 years as on 31st December 2021. In this case, there is an upper age limitation. The candidate should be under 22 years.
- As an academic qualification, the candidates must have to complete their higher secondary or intermediate course (10+2 pattern) with Mathematics, chemistry, and biology. The candidates, who passed a diploma in engineering or its equivalent, can also apply. Those who passed diploma in pharmacy can apply for the Pharma D. course.
Tips for Preparation
The candidates must follow some certain strategies for getting success in the examination. They must have to follow guidance for preparing himself before appearing in the examination. They may follow the below tips for getting the perfection.
- The candidates must know and have a concern about the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The candidates have to make a timetable for study and should give equal importance to all of the subjects.
- They may take coaching before appearing the examination.
- Candidate should follow the previous year’s question papers carefully.
- They also practice the model questions too.
- The candidates should give revision to all the subjects.
1) How can I apply for the AP EAMCET examination?
You can apply for the AP EAMCET examination through online mode only.
2) Is there any offline mode available for applying in the AP EAMCET examination?
No, you can apply into this through only the online mode.
3) How do I pay the application fees?
You can pay the application fees through Internet banking, debit or credit cards.
4) Should I upload any documents or certificates at the time of filling up the form?
No. You should not need to upload any documents or certificates. You just need to fill the online application form.
5) Is there any negative marking for the wrong answers I attempted?
No. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers you attempted.
6) What will be the mode of the examination?
The mode of the examination will be online only.
7) Is there any reservation of seats for the reserved category candidates?
Yes, there is a reservation of seats for the S.T, S.C and O.B.C candidates according to Indian constitution.
8) In which language the examination will be conducted?
The examination will be conducted in English and Telugu languages only. But you can translate the question paper into Urdu and some other languages too.
9) Is there any concession in fees for the reserved category candidates?
Yes. There is a concession in fees for the reserved category candidates.
10) After filling up the online application, should I send it to anywhere?
No. You do not need to send the application form after filling up it. Just take a print out of the application form to yourself for the farther references.
11) Is there any way to fill up the application form after the last date?
Yes. You have the option for filling up the application form after the last date. In that case, you have to give a late fine from 500 to 10000 depending on the delay.
12) Is there any counseling held before the admission?
Yes. Counseling will be held according to the candidates’ rank list. Then according to that counseling, the candidate will admit to the colleges.
13) Is there any cut off marks for passing the examination?
Yes, there is a cut off marks by which the candidate will be declared ‘Pass’. The candidates have to get a minimum 25% of the total marks.
14) How many questions will I need to answer?
You will need to answer 160 questions.
15) How will be the type of the questions?
The questions will be an MCQ type (Multiple choice questions).
16) What degrees may I get through the course?
You can get various degrees through this course like B.Tech( Agriculture engineering, Dairy Technology, Food , and Technology etc.), B.SC (Agriculture and Horticulture), B.V. Sc, A.H,B. Pharmacy and Pharma D. etc.
17) Are the candidates beyond Andhra Pradesh and Telangana eligible for the examination?
Yes. Everyone from India can apply for the examination if they can fulfill the given eligible criteria.
18) When will the result be declared?
Generally, the result of the examination will be declared within the two weeks of the examination.
19) What are the main subjects which I need to study for the examination?
The main subjects you need to study for the examination are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
20) Is there any age limitation for the examination?
Yes. You must be 16 to 21 years old as on December 2021, for appearing the examination.
21) If I did any mistake during the form fill up, is there any way to correct it?
Yes, you can check your application form and correct it from the last week of March 2021, when the application correction process will be going on.